The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get my hair dyed pastel pink permanantly?

I want to get the ends of my blonde hair dyed pastel pink, like this picture http://weheartit.com/entry/7987112 but i've heard that this colour fades out really quickly. Is that just when a semi-permanant dye is used? I want a permanant dye if available because I want the colour to last as long as possible. Also, I want to get it done in a salon because if I by a dye and get a friend to do it, it could go horribley wrong. Does anyone know of anywhere in London that could do this?

Thanks! =D

Scroll to see replies

waiting for everyone to jump on me for me missing out the U in 'buy'.
Urgh, why on earth would anyonne want to do that to their hair.
I dunno about permanent dye, but I remember this girl who used to get on my school bus getting her hair that colour....although it was after a beetroot fight :biggrin:
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen

becuase they think it would look awesome.
Reply 5
It just won't stay in your hair, it will last a a month and a bit more if lucky. Especially because it's a pastel colour- pink pigments are often diluted with a conditioner.
You can keep up the colour by adding some pink into your own conditioner, but obviously harder to get it right if you're dying your ends and not all of your hair.
Reply 6
Original post by hollyhollywood92
I want to get the ends of my blonde hair dyed pastel pink, like this picture http://weheartit.com/entry/7987112 but i've heard that this colour fades out really quickly. Is that just when a semi-permanant dye is used? I want a permanant dye if available because I want the colour to last as long as possible. Also, I want to get it done in a salon because if I by a dye and get a friend to do it, it could go horribley wrong. Does anyone know of anywhere in London that could do this?

Thanks! =D

Your blog doesn't exist. And it's horribly since you mentioned the u in buy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Any hair salon could do that.

However, it won't be permanent, as even permanent dyes fade - especially red-based tones. Pink's fade extremely quickly, so you'd have to keep topping up the colour regularly - which won't help the condition of the hair as it'll need to be bleached to remain 'pastel' toned.

So no, there's no real 'lazy-persons-permanent' way of doing it unless you're happy with the kind of upkeep it'll take to keep it permanent.
Original post by LeeC
Your blog doesn't exist. And it's horribly since you mentioned the u in buy.

Oh yeah... =P thanks! i got the link wrong... http://flourescent--beige.tumblr.com/
Reply 9
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen

x

Round 1... *Ding ding ding*
As everyone else has said. Red dyes fade the fastest. Dip-dying your hair is DEFINATLY best left to the salons, because if you ever straighten your hair, its really obvious if its uneven (from a girl at school situation). You would probably have to top it up often, and it would possibly ruin the ends of your hair. Ever thought about bleaching the ends of your hair and then getting a wash-in, wash-out pinky dye and giving it a shot yourself? It could end up going horribly wrong, but then if you've just got a wash out one then its not too bad!
Reply 11
Is this a fad that's going round?
I've seen loads of blogs with girls dying the end of their hair a pastel pink.

Anyhoo, I saw blog where a girl use a spray in pink colour to acheive the same look. So maybe you could get it dyed at the salon and then keep it topped up with the spray? Hers didn't wash out for a week or something.
Original post by balface
Is this a fad that's going round?
I've seen loads of blogs with girls dying the end of their hair a pastel pink.

Anyhoo, I saw blog where a girl use a spray in pink colour to acheive the same look. So maybe you could get it dyed at the salon and then keep it topped up with the spray? Hers didn't wash out for a week or something.

hmm i didn't know it was a fad. I got the idea from a photo of peaches geldoff with the ends of her hair dyed blue, and I thought, i'd like that, but in pink. My mum suggested a spray, but I thought they usually look all horrible and matt. But my only experience is spraying my hair red for halloween 10 years ago.
Reply 13
hmm i didn't know it was a fad. I got the idea from a photo of peaches geldoff with the ends of her hair dyed blue, and I thought, i'd like that, but in pink. My mum suggested a spray, but I thought they usually look all horrible and matt. But my only experience is spraying my hair red for halloween 10 years ago.

Maybe you're leading the fad! :smile:
Times have changed and so have colour sprays so maybe they're a lot better than what you tried 10 years ago!
I think they're around £3 or so from Boots, so it wouldn't hurt to try. You can even just get it to test out if pink will look good in your hair?
Reply 14
I dyed my ends blue when I was in ninth grade over the summer and it was super cute for like a week and then the so called permanent dye faded and a month later I was left with bleach blonde tips. I then had to chop the ends of my hair off because they were so damaged.

You'll just have to continue to re-dye it every few weeks if you want the colour to be vibrant. Also, try using a colour saving shampoo and conditioner.
Original post by balface
Maybe you're leading the fad! :smile:
Times have changed and so have colour sprays so maybe they're a lot better than what you tried 10 years ago!
I think they're around £3 or so from Boots, so it wouldn't hurt to try. You can even just get it to test out if pink will look good in your hair?

I bought some pink clip-in highlights a month ago to try out the colour and I liked it. I've found a dye online that's supposed to be the best colour and longest lasting. I think i'm just going to try doing it myself and hope for the best! My hair is layered, so I think i'm going to tie up most of my hair leaving the longest underneath layer, and dye all that, so it can't go too wrong.
i've heard 'manic panic special effects' hair dye is supposed to last very very well. they do a pink colour. look into this?
Why would you want to look like a desert?
a few years back i got bright pink streaks, got told i wasnt allowed back into school until i had redyed it, even on results day.
i didnt redye it as it washed out...
i was hoping it would last ages as i really liked it...

but its worth a shot if you keep dying it and ruin your ends [=
A friend of mine dyed hers hot pink, and then within the month it faded to the kind of colour you're after, and stuck for several months after that. So I don't know if this would be an option for you. Or if you just did semi-perm and re-did it every so often? You'll probably get bored of this style after a little bit anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending