The Student Room Group

Any jobs for 15 year olds??

Hey, I'm 15 and have asked around but NO-ONE will employ anyone less than 16.. for insurance reasons..
I have asked even in my local charity shops but they also won't hire anyone under 16...
I have like a 10 week summer holiday this year, and really wanted a job to pass the time.. maybe get a bit of extra money also :tongue: but i'm not 16 until the 30th august, which is only a couple days until i go back..
is there any jobs that 15 year olds can get employed to do? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

I started my assistant gymnastics coaching course when I was 15 and worked while doing that. Are there any sports you'd be interested in teaching?
Reply 2
Babysitting? I've been doing it since I was fourteen and I'm the lone babysitter for the family I work for, since I've known them for a long time they pay me pretty well!
yeah, babysitting, newspaper round... you might be able to get a job washing pots in a pub or osmething, just ask
i don't know about jobs for 15 years old but this websited has things which you can volunteer for in your area and has great opprtunites and experiences. it is hard to get a job at 15 unless paper round.

this is the website below

http://www.vinspired.com

hope it helps and also free things to do in the summer
have a great summer :wink:
Reply 5
I'm 16 and i still haven't found a job!
try your local connexions or job centre plus for volunteering work. some offer expenses and probably a training scheme
Reply 7
Original post by omegah
Babysitting? I've been doing it since I was fourteen and I'm the lone babysitter for the family I work for, since I've known them for a long time they pay me pretty well!

wtf people hire 14 year olds to babysit?
Reply 8
Original post by scotttb
wtf people hire 14 year olds to babysit?

I think that was evident from what I said, yes.
Reply 9
Original post by omegah
I think that was evident from what I said, yes.

i feel obliged to point out that my post was a rhetorical question asked to express my shock at that fact that people would leave their kids under the care of other kids.
(edited 12 years ago)
Paper round? Cleaning? Dog walking? :smile:
There are some things you can do but it is rather limited. Hairdressers often employ 'staurday girls' from the age of 13 and up, there are paper rounds, waitressing in a local cafe etc. There are quite strict regulations on the amount of hours you can work and times though as I recall.
Reply 12
I would recommend doing a paper round. My brother used to make £80 a week doing this at 15!
Reply 13
Original post by scotttb
i feel obliged to point out that my post was a rhetorical question asked to express my shock at that fact

Why is that shocking? The dad of the kids was a teacher at my school and knew me and my sister (who babysat before me) well before he asked us to babysit, nothing untoward ever happened and his three girls like us as well. I don't really know what the problem is here?
Original post by Helena27
Hey, I'm 15 and have asked around but NO-ONE will employ anyone less than 16.. for insurance reasons..
I have asked even in my local charity shops but they also won't hire anyone under 16...
I have like a 10 week summer holiday this year, and really wanted a job to pass the time.. maybe get a bit of extra money also :tongue: but i'm not 16 until the 30th august, which is only a couple days until i go back..
is there any jobs that 15 year olds can get employed to do? :s-smilie:

Local charity shops should accept you as a volunteer - this is the best way to get work experience and make yourself stand out from other teens like you.
Indeed they won't hire people under 16 for a few reasons.

Babysitting is the best way for people like us. Also, you could take up tutoring juniors (obviously you can't charge a large amount) but it's another thought.
Hello iam 15 years old you have job
Is there any job that 15years old can get employed to do hereby I want to apply for a simple job befor I get back
hi im 15 nearly 16 iv been looking for a job since 13 iv done ads and gone round every local shop and guess what no jobs still I got told you need to be 16
im 15 nearly 16 and I cant find a job anywhere I need big help
do you know anybody in birminham who is looking for a 15 year old dog walker ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending