The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds starting date 2011

Its says on my application that my 'starting point' is the 21st September does this mean thats when everyone arrives, or does this mean start of lectures or start of freshers? My parents have gone and booked a holiday for themselves so I not sure how I would get there. Can you get into the accomodation earlier then thsi date?
Reply 1
Original post by cataha
Its says on my application that my 'starting point' is the 21st September does this mean thats when everyone arrives, or does this mean start of lectures or start of freshers? My parents have gone and booked a holiday for themselves so I not sure how I would get there. Can you get into the accomodation earlier then thsi date?

Here are the term dates: Term Dates.

Lectures start on the Monday 26th of September, Freshers will be the week before and people generally arrive either the weekend right before freshers or a few days earlier.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Gemini92
Here are the term dates: Term Dates.

Lectures start on the Monday 26th of September, Freshers will be the week before and people generally arrive either the weekend right before freshers or a few days earlier.

Ok thanks very much thats a relief. Does it vary depending on what accomodation you are in how early you can get there , because I could only get there on the 17th or before. Are you a student?
I moved in on the 15th September - I think generally, that is the start of contracts for most halls (but please don't take my word for it!) apart from catered halls which I think are a few days later. You'd be better ringing up :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by cataha
Ok thanks very much thats a relief. Does it vary depending on what accomodation you are in how early you can get there , because I could only get there on the 17th or before. Are you a student?

The 17th is the Saturday before Freshers starts so you'll be able to move in then as most people seemed to move in on that weekend last year, I'm not sure about moving earlier than that, it might depend on the residence. And yes, I am a student at Leeds.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
The 17th is the Saturday before Freshers starts so you'll be able to move in then as most people seemed to move in on that weekend last year, I'm not sure about moving earlier than that, it might depend on the residence. And yes, I am a student at Leeds.

Ah phew thanks alot! Had images of dragging all my stuff on the train from London :tongue: Out of interest what halls are you in?
Reply 6
Original post by outlaw-torn
I moved in on the 15th September - I think generally, that is the start of contracts for most halls (but please don't take my word for it!) apart from catered halls which I think are a few days later. You'd be better ringing up :smile:

Thank you I want self catered anyway so fingers crossed should be fine. What halls are you in? still havent applied for them yet cant decide
Reply 7
Original post by cataha
Ah phew thanks alot! Had images of dragging all my stuff on the train from London :tongue: Out of interest what halls are you in?

I'm in Montague Burton
Reply 8
I'm in Montague Burton

I'm really considering that one, would probably prefer James Bailie or Henry Price but there so oversubscribed not sure I wana risk it . Are you glad you chose it? Been spending far too much time going through different accomodation threads on here but cant find much about Montague Burton. Only thing that was worrying me was the quiet block realise you can choose not to be in it but really want somewhere 'sociable' however cliche that may sound
Original post by cataha
Thank you I want self catered anyway so fingers crossed should be fine. What halls are you in? still havent applied for them yet cant decide

North Hill Court :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by outlaw-torn
North Hill Court :smile:

I was thinking about that one but heard lots of complaints about how small the kitchens are do you think thats a fair point? Also becuase there is so few rooms compared to other not sure how likely you are to get a place. Please could you tell me what you think about it positives negatives you know anything you can think of would really appreciate it, so confused atm :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest