Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who- Episode 3- The Curse of the Black Spot- 7/5/11- No Future Spoilers

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the episode?
    Excellent
    11.28%
    Good
    51.88%
    Poor
    31.58%
    Awful
    5.26%

• 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    Almost there....
    Having to watch on iPlayer cos my TV has gone and broken
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll try to get the poll up within 20 minutes-30minutes after the episode has aired. As I can't watch it until it is on iPlayer and I've just got back to Leicester, I need to go and buy food.

However it is unlikely that I'll get to the shop, do it all and get back in time for the end of the episode. Sorry guys.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Almost there....

No need for iplayer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/

You got about 30 seconds though...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's on.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh

Not bad but not great either. The story was alright and it was good to see Amy in pirate gear and being jealous and worrying about Rory and for a tiny second there I almost believed that he's actually died.

I'm really looking forward to next week.

7/10
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thought it was pretty good, and I wasn't expecting much this week!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Episode was pretty decent.

Liked how the episode was shot. Beautiful (at times). Siren was :coma:

Though the bits of her jumping out of the water were a bit dodgy.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also thought Rory had actually died. :zomg:

Anybody else think Rory was speaking like the Doctor (you know, his mannerisms) when the Siren was calling him? :erm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3/10

It was boring.

The siren was not at all scary like how siren's are supposed to be. The red grrr face looked like a ****ing chipmunk. The pirates couldn't act. The black spot had potential but were quickly explained away as nothing. The story was ****. The explanations were ****ter. And Rory should've stayed dead to make it a bit interesting. He's a pointless character.

Such a come down from last week.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was average. :pierre:
    Why didn't the Dr, Amy, Capt. end up on sick beds? Do you need to be ill/dying, because all they did to themselves was a small 'prick'. But then again you could argue that the cuts that Rory, some other crew members were a large prick lol.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexthekid)
    3/10

It was boring.

The siren was not at all scary like how siren's are supposed to be. The red grrr face looked like a ****ing chipmunk. The pirates couldn't act. The black spot had potential but were quickly explained away as nothing. The story was ****. The explanations were ****ter. And Rory should've stayed dead to make it a bit interesting. He's a pointless character.

Such a come down from last week.
    Rory is one of the only redeeming features about the 5th series re-vamp if you ask me.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, not a great episode in my opinion.

I long for Torchwood again, more and more Doctor Who seems to be becoming a solely childrens enterainment show.

What happened to that extra pirate that disappeared randomly? The one that the boy cut with the cutlass?

Hoped for a bit more realism than having lackluster pirates and human pirates than can fly spaceships?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Rory is one of the only redeeming features about the 5th series re-vamp if you ask me.
    There is absolutely no chemistry between Amy and Rory. He is there for comedic effect and is having a story thrust on to him, a foolish task because he's incapable of doing any emotions other than dunderheaded buffon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Almost there....
    Apparently it won't be on iPlayer before tomorrow!
    I'm so annoyed. I recorded it and my stupid brother ended the recording halfway through. Actually wanted to punch him! >.<
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Urgh, not a great episode in my opinion.

I long for Torchwood again, more and more Doctor Who seems to be becoming a solely childrens enterainment show.

What happened to that extra pirate that disappeared randomly? The one that the boy cut with the cutlass?

Hoped for a bit more realism than having lackluster pirates and human pirates than can fly spaceships?
    Well. The last 2 episodes were bloody marvellous, so I think your comments are a bit short sighted.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    So-so. Not good, not bad. Although I did actually yell 'oh my god!' at the return of that creepy eyepatch woman through the slot in the wall.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    First 2 episodes of the season were epic.

This was just not... It was fairly terrible tbh.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexthekid)
    Well. The last 2 episodes were bloody marvellous, so I think your comments are a bit short sighted.
    They were much better than this episode but i still think doctor who is at its best when it gets more serious and the episodes are much darker, take Midnight or Blink as examples.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    6/10
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I rather enjoyed that.

Would have like Rory to be a bit less pathetic, but it was nice to see more of vulnerable "I'm his wife" Amy

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 11, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.