Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who- Episode 3- The Curse of the Black Spot- 7/5/11- No Future Spoilers

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the episode?
    Excellent
    11.28%
    Good
    51.88%
    Poor
    31.58%
    Awful
    5.26%

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one person who can't do CPR and therefore can't tell if someone is doing it wrong?
    • 145 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexthekid)
    implying any of the acting in les mis is good is quite funny.
    You have clearly never seen Les Mis in the West End...and I pity you for that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    You have clearly never seen Les Mis in the West End...and I pity you for that.
    i've seen it twice with two ex's.
    • 145 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've seen it twice with two ex's.
    Then you are clearly a very poor judge of acting skills or got highly unlucky
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Then you are clearly a very poor judge of acting skills or got highly unlucky
    the characters were one dimensional.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Am I the only one person who can't do CPR and therefore can't tell if someone is doing it wrong?
    Pretty much:p:
    (Ok, I remember the guidelines for CPR have changed at least twice since I first learnt it, so I don't really know anymore what classes as right...)
    • 145 followers

ReputationRep:
    the characters were one dimensional.
    Each to their own. Personally to get the audience to connect with Rory that much then he's gotta be a good actor.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh ho, cap'n Amelia. :perv:

Another superb episode, angry siren was kinda hot. :sexface:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I noticed a couple of plot flaws that I can't remember now, and I don't think the characters were developed and realistic enough- namely the pirates, the Siren was good- to give off the sinister edge that marks a good episode from a great one. I didn't feel the boy was a terrifically good actor, either.

Also pretty disappointed to see the ****ing ood again
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I felt it wasn't the best episode in the world but it certainly has potential for the whole series :ninja:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Dull episode to be honest, although Arthur Darvill topless brought the episode up a lot in my estimations. Siren was a good concept though, the Doctor was not on the ball today was he? Although I might take "Ignore all of my previous theories" as my permanent catchphrase, my theories are always wrong. Loved the Doctor complaining about his lack of hat, have to admit I loved the pirate hat. Can't wait for next week's episode, it's going to be amazing, and the perfect way to distract me from my (hopefully not) terrible performance in the English exam the day before.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amy saw that weird woman saying things at her again. Its clearly something to do with her birth as all the lines are something you would say as somebody is giving birth. Who is the woman though? Any theories?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doctor. SW)
    Amy saw that weird woman saying things at her again. Its clearly something to do with her birth as all the lines are something you would say as somebody is giving birth. Who is the woman though? Any theories?
    There are some in the Speculation and Discussion thread.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I quite liked this episode! I seem to be the only one who likes Rory though A bit boring to pretend to kill him again though! Thought the siren was pretty scary, especially when she was angry! Liked the twist, and who cares about details such as where Amy etc. ended up when transported Obviously it was going to seem worse than the opening episodes, but overall very good
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How come the TARDIS is supposed to be the most advanced technology in the universe, but contains no medical equipment and can be teleported off by anyone who feels like it?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't much like that episode. It was a bit predictable, and I found myself not really caring about any of the characters that were introduced. Besides, loads of the backstory didn't seem to be explained.

Still, I'm really excited for the Neil Gaiman episode!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angela_Beth)
    Didn't much like that episode. It was a bit predictable, and I found myself not really caring about any of the characters that were introduced. Besides, loads of the backstory didn't seem to be explained.

Still, I'm really excited for the Neil Gaiman episode!
    I didnt understand where the mermaid went towards the end :s:
    It was a bit predictable, but I liked that Amy was uber jealous
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Ok then, shame.

Glad I'm not the only person who was sat there being picky about Amy's CPR skillz, hah!
    :ditto:

I noticed she wasn't squeezing/holding his nose instantly.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    :ditto:

I noticed she wasn't squeezing/holding his nose instantly.
    nor was she breathing in before giving him mouth-to-mouth.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was incredibly dissapointed in the episode. Fell asleep last night the first time I tried to watch it. Nothing seemed to work in the episode at all. Lilly Cole didn't work as the siren, the child was a terrible actor and the rest of the crew were pointless and boring.
    Also, the Doctor seemed to be 'dumbed' on purpose :unsure: And I am sure somewhere in the TARDIS there is medical equipment, especially considering he was in a WAR not so long ago ffs

The setting was lovely to be fair though, the pirates ship was very believeable and the captain was believeable up until the point he could fly an intergalactic space shup :rolleyes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2011
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.