The Student Room Group

Durham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmeiger
Just had an offer from Durham! :smile: Good luck all.

As in an offer for a place or an interview? Congrats btw! :biggrin:
Reply 201
Original post by Med_Geek
As in an offer for a place or an interview? Congrats btw! :biggrin:

Offer of a place :biggrin: Interviewed in November. :smile:

Good luck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mmeiger
Offer of a place :biggrin: Interviewed in November. :smile:

Good luck :smile:

oh my life congratulations!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Damn! I'm scared now haha xD You must be the first person to receive an offer from Durham on TSR at least! So congrats on that too :wink:
Reply 203
oh my life congratulations!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Damn! I'm scared now haha xD You must be the first person to receive an offer from Durham on TSR at least! So congrats on that too :wink:

Thank you :biggrin:

It was my first interview (ever) and I genuinely thought I answered some questions terribly so I am very surprised/happy! Try not to worry, good things come to those who wait. :smile:
Reply 204
just got an offer! good luck everyone waiting to hear. :smile:
OMG I want an offer now!!!

Just as an indicator, whoever gets an offer, could you please post when you had your interview please :smile: I think the earlier interviews are hearing first :smile:

Congrats to those with offers :biggrin:
Original post by 7palmer
just got an offer! good luck everyone waiting to hear. :smile:

Do Durham send you an email first, or does it go straight to UCAS track? :smile:

Just as an indicator, whoever gets an offer, could you please post when you had your interview please :smile: I think the earlier interviews are hearing first :smile:

That doesn't seem to be true, a class mate had an interview last week, and she got an offer today!
Reply 208
Original post by islanders
That doesn't seem to be true, a class mate had an interview last week, and she got an offer today!

This is very odd. Do you think it's to do with the order of the initials of surnames?

According to last year, everyone started hearing back after the 15h March.
Reply 209
Original post by Panda89
This is very odd. Do you think it's to do with the order of the initials of surnames?

My surname begins with an M so it does seem to be quite random.

Do Durham send you an email first, or does it go straight to UCAS track? :smile:

Straight to Track. :smile:
Original post by Panda89

A mature student, surname beginning with D
Reply 211

Straight to UCAS track:smile:
Reply 212
OMG I want an offer now!!!

Congrats to those with offers :biggrin:

had my interview 21st Feb I think. (Surname begins with P)
Reply 213
Can someone with an offer do me a massive favour? I called Helen last week and asked when I would hear back, she said end of march for myself personally as she asked my name, so I assumed it was done alphabetically, but if someone with a surname P has an offer it's obviously not!

So can someone with an offer possibly call Helen and ask how its done? So paranoid I'm getting rejected!
Original post by Daave92
Can someone with an offer do me a massive favour? I called Helen last week and asked when I would hear back, she said end of march for myself personally as she asked my name, so I assumed it was done alphabetically, but if someone with a surname P has an offer it's obviously not!

So can someone with an offer possibly call Helen and ask how its done? So paranoid I'm getting rejected!

I'm getting myself into the same state too! She said I'd hear around the middle to the end of March so I wouldn't have to wait too long! I'm on edge now....:confused:
Reply 215
Are they staggering the responses that much? If I recall correctly it appeared from last years thread that the majority were released within a few days of each other.
Reply 216
Original post by Beska
Medicine at Durham is taught in partnership with Newcastle. You graduate with a Newcastle degree.

For the first two years you are based at Queen's Campus Stockton. In the third year you come together with medics who have done their first two years at Newcastle and you are allocated into one of four different clinical base units which cover the north-east of England:

In fourth year, all medics study at Newcastle.

In fifth year, you are again allocated into one of the four clinical base units. You cannot be placed in the same base unit that you had in third year.

Basically you need to choose if you'd rather spend your first two pre-clinical years in Newcastle or Stockton. :smile:

I'm confused;are you allowed to apply to both Durham and Newcastle at the same time?? :s-smilie:
Coz that's what I was planning to do,but different people are saying many different things!
Original post by MusicNow
Are they staggering the responses that much? If I recall correctly it appeared from last years thread that the majority were released within a few days of each other.

I hope they do...I don't like it when they do it in batches, and then you know that if you get the UCAS track update it's a definite rejection :frown: Had that with Leicester :frown:
Reply 218
Well, at the start of my interview, one of the interviewers stated clearly that I'd hear from them at the end of March/beginning of April. Strange. :s-smilie:
Reply 219
Original post by Panda89
Well, at the start of my interview, one of the interviewers stated clearly that I'd hear from them at the end of March/beginning of April. Strange. :s-smilie:

Same here, maybe they are ahead of schedule?

Quick Reply

Latest