The Student Room Group

Durham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Varsh05
I'm confused;are you allowed to apply to both Durham and Newcastle at the same time?? :s-smilie:
Coz that's what I was planning to do,but different people are saying many different things!

Yeah you can, my friend did this year. It takes two UCAS choices though, you just select Newcastle twice but then specify Durham campus (campus code D) for one choice and Newcastle (campus code N) for the other.
Reply 221
Original post by MusicNow
Same here, maybe they are ahead of schedule?

Yeah, I think so - I mean, they are still interviewing today! Oh well, I'm sure Durham won't let us down. :smile:
Reply 222
I've just given Helen a call and asked whether the results will be out over the next few days or staggered over a few weeks. She said that she is hoping that all the responses will be out by the end of March. She didn't ask for my name or anything, and based on last year I don't think it will be based on surname by alphabet. Sound like we could be waiting a while yet :frown:.
Reply 223
I've just given Helen a call and asked whether the results will be out over the next few days or staggered over a few weeks. She said that she is hoping that all the responses will be out by the end of March. She didn't ask for my name or anything, and based on last year I don't think it will be based on surname by alphabet or anything. Sound like we could be waiting a while yet :frown:.

Thanks for letting us know!
Reply 224
I got an unconditional offer yesterday at 6pm (I'm a graduate)
Very pleased!
OFFERRRRRRR!!!
International A100 applicant
Surname: A
UKCAT: 685
Congrats to both of you! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I hope this'll be me soon (I would give anything to get into Durham!)
Reply 227
There is no way I'm going to be able to stop checking Track every 20 minutes now, regardless of the fact that I know I might be waiting weeks! Well done everyone who has an offer :smile:
There is no way I'm going to be able to stop checking Track every 20 minutes now, regardless of the fact that I know I might be waiting weeks! Well done everyone who has an offer :smile:

This is exactly what I'm doing haha
Reply 229
Original post by Varsh05
I'm confused;are you allowed to apply to both Durham and Newcastle at the same time?? :s-smilie:
Coz that's what I was planning to do,but different people are saying many different things!

Yup you can.
Original post by Varsh05

That's what I've done this year!

You just choose "Newcastle University" twice on your UCAS application, and ensure you've selected N campus for one, and D campus for the other
Reply 231
I've just given Helen a call and asked whether the results will be out over the next few days or staggered over a few weeks. She said that she is hoping that all the responses will be out by the end of March. She didn't ask for my name or anything, and based on last year I don't think it will be based on surname by alphabet. Sound like we could be waiting a while yet :frown:.

I believe last year they only took a few days to get from Newcastle to us? Is that right? Last year they started giving newcastle the info at this time and they got the replies around the 15th. Helen is probably being safe and saying end of march, as she said this last year too.
Reply 232
Original post by Shreyank
I believe last year they only took a few days to get from Newcastle to us? Is that right? Last year they started giving newcastle the info at this time and they got the replies around the 15th. Helen is probably being safe and saying end of march, as she said this last year too.

From this thread last year it seems that it only took a few days, in fact I couldn't see any posts about offers after the 17th (with the first coming out on the 15th). I really hope you are right, although this also means I will be really worried if I haven't heard back in the next few days. I didn't notice any rejections on last years thread, so who knows whether they send them out simultaneously or later.
Reply 233
Offer!
- International
- With Surname "S"
- Track update at 8:15
- Interview Feb 3
Reply 234
Well done guys! It seems like it's only internationals today though!
Had my interview today, everyone was really nice!
OMG

JUST RECEIVED AN OFFER
international applicant, surname : n

i'm just so happy right now
thing is, my dad just paid the deposit to trinity. dilemma much right now

congrats to everybody!
Anyone heard anything today? :smile:

^congrats btw :smile:
Original post by Panda89
I meant an Open Day for offer holders only.

Tuesday the 20th of March. Sorry for the delay.
Had my interview yesterday... I'm really not sure how well it went, it was all a bit of a blur!
I see people are already getting offers...
Let the compulsive track-checking begin!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending