The Student Room Group

Durham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by king101
Do Durham have a cut of point for the UKCAT?

Yes, changing year on year, exactly the same as Newcastle's cut off point.
Reply 421
And what is that average wise? Like if I got 530 would I stand a chance :/
Original post by king101
And what is that average wise? Like if I got 530 would I stand a chance :/

530, probably not. On my year of application it was 675, then dropped to 667.5 for the end of the application cycle. I'd advise you to think about whether it's a smart choice to apply if you have <650.
Original post by Blorcyn
530, probably not. On my year of application it was 675, then dropped to 667.5 for the end of the application cycle. I'd advise you to think about whether it's a smart choice to apply if you have <650.

530, definitely not.
Reply 424
Original post by goldilocksa
Yeah it all seems a bit confusing at the moment! I can't seem to access the online college accommodation agreement contract thing either :/ on the AES (Stephenson) I'll be giving them an email tomorrow, I think.
'You may have received an e-mail in the last few days giving you instructions about registering with Newcastle University. This e-mail was sent in error, as you will be studying with Durham University for the first 2 years of your programme you only need to register with Durham at this time. If you have registered with Newcastle, don’t worry, we will amend your record and you do not need to do anything else.' I got this from Newcastle last week, which sounds to me as if we only have to enrol with Durham at the moment(?)
Have you got your College Welcome Pack yet? :smile:
Hope everything gets sorted!

How strange about the error..ah well, I emailed NCL asking if I needed an NCL smart card, and they said no, but nothing about not needing to register at all...and no Welcome Pack, no accommodation contract, nothing! Stressing out!! I'm going abroad for a week as well, so I have even less time to sort accomodation and everything. I have ordered my gown though :biggrin:
Reply 425
Yeah it all seems a bit confusing at the moment! I can't seem to access the online college accommodation agreement contract thing either :/ on the AES (Stephenson) I'll be giving them an email tomorrow, I think.
'You may have received an e-mail in the last few days giving you instructions about registering with Newcastle University. This e-mail was sent in error, as you will be studying with Durham University for the first 2 years of your programme you only need to register with Durham at this time. If you have registered with Newcastle, don’t worry, we will amend your record and you do not need to do anything else.' I got this from Newcastle last week, which sounds to me as if we only have to enrol with Durham at the moment(?)
Have you got your College Welcome Pack yet? :smile:
Hope everything gets sorted!

Hi goldilocksa, I'm in Stephenson too and was just wondering if you had managed to access the AES/accommodation agreement yet? It isn't working for me anyway :confused:
Reply 426
I have a score of 2300 in my UKCAT do I meet the cut off?
Original post by king101
I have a score of 2300 in my UKCAT do I meet the cut off?

I'd imagine not, sorry.
Original post by x gem88 x
Hi goldilocksa, I'm in Stephenson too and was just wondering if you had managed to access the AES/accommodation agreement yet? It isn't working for me anyway :confused:

No the AES still isn't working for me :/ but I got an email earlier today:

'Dear Stephenson Student

Thank you for your email. We apologise for any delays you have experienced in accessing our online agreement, this has been due to IT problems. However, I can confirm that you been allocated a room in College. We will be contacting you in due course to give you an update on the what you will need to do.
Once again our sincere apologies for this delay.'

Did you get this too? I also got my durham online enrolment service username :smile: Hope it gets sorted for you :smile:
See you in 26 days (not that I'm counting or anything :P...)
Reply 429
No the AES still isn't working for me :/ but I got an email earlier today:

'Dear Stephenson Student

Thank you for your email. We apologise for any delays you have experienced in accessing our online agreement, this has been due to IT problems. However, I can confirm that you been allocated a room in College. We will be contacting you in due course to give you an update on the what you will need to do.
Once again our sincere apologies for this delay.'

Did you get this too? I also got my durham online enrolment service username :smile: Hope it gets sorted for you :smile:
See you in 26 days (not that I'm counting or anything :P...)

Thanks :smile: I got that email yesterday afternoon and received my username this morning :smile: Eek getting close now!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest