The Student Room Group

Muslims all over world come out in support of bin Laden

Scroll to see replies

Hilarious, how the government say it is still a very 'small' minority of extremists. They may not act on their beliefs but there certainly are a lot of sympathizers. And all you need are a few to cause some real damage.

Also the funny thing is, these' extremist' muslims are the 'proper' muslims who follow the Qu'ran to the T. The fact that the Qu'ran says Jews and Christians will never get along with them just reinforces their belief that we (the kuffar) are the enemy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by -Invidious-
Hilarious, how the government say it is still a very 'small' minority of extremists. They may not act on their beliefs but there certainly are a lot of sympathizers. And all you need are a few to cause some real damage.

The funny thing is, these' extremist' muslims are the 'proper' muslims who follow the Qu'ran to the T.

Small minority that actually believe what bin Laden believes, but I think around 50% that sympathise with him, especially after he died. Many people all they see is American soldiers chasing an old Muslim man, he killed people, yes, who? Americans, Brits etc. Why would the average Pakistani or Sudani care...?

Do you know where they're coming froM?
Reply 22
Bin Laden was a ******* and deserved to die. I can see why some Muslims would see him as a freedom fighter - it's undeniable that heinous crimes have been committed by the West in the Middle East. But that doesn't justify heinous crimes committed by Al Qaeda against the West.. I wish countries like the USA would stop being such imperialistic scum but also strongly condemn violent acts of Islamic terrorists.. but how else can they get their message across? I don't know, it's all just quite sad really. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GEN.
Small minority that actually believe what bin Laden believes, but I think around 50% that sympathise with him, especially after he died. Many people all they see is American soldiers chasing an old Muslim man, he killed people, yes, who? Americans, Brits etc. Why would the average Pakistani or Sudani care...?

Do you know where they're coming froM?

I have to admit if I were in their shoes id be a bit peeved off with the drone attacks, bombings and whatnot. But It still doesn't justify the hailing of a mass murderer.
GEN.

****ing hell these perpetual virgin muslim men must be gagging for it, the latter portion of that sign looks like a triplet of tits and a belly with a small tumor (that could have been dectected earlier if not hiding under a veil tisk...)

And just look at that poor man minding his own business carrying a CapriSun being surrounded by this flash mob of sex deprived w***ers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by UnknwnEntity
****ing hell these perpetual virgin muslim men must be gagging for it, the latter portion of that sign looks like a triplet of tits and a belly with a small tumor (that could have been dectected earlier if not hiding under a veil tisk...)

And just look at that poor man minding his own business carrying a CapriSun being surrounded by this flash mob of sex deprived w***ers.

lol this is highly irrelevant to the thread but the arabic language, much to many people's misunderstanding, isn't mutually exclusive to islam. it existed before islam and many non-muslims around the world also speak it as their mother tongue so leave the arabic language alone!! :p: admittedly i can see the triple tits (but not the tumourous belly)
Reply 26
This is serious business
Reply 27
Original post by UnknwnEntity

Seriously dude...
Reply 28
I have to admit if I were in their shoes id be a bit peeved off with the drone attacks, bombings and whatnot. But It still doesn't justify the hailing of a mass murderer.

What about the whole west supporting and hailing mass murderers such as the US presidents?
The attitude of the west surrounding this situation is acting as a catalyst for them seeing the attack on OBL as an attack on them as well.
Reply 29
Erm.. Whatis the picture of Kashmir supposed to demonstrate? Are those people not just praying?

Anyways, I am muslim and I don't think terrorists are truly muslim. I know I'm not the most religious person in the world.. But people like Bin Laden make me feel sick.

The media concentrates on these "extremists" (which I believe is the wrong word.. - Islam is all about peace, if they were extremist muslims, they would not cause such destruction. They would do the opposite and reaffirm the religion as a peaceful, caring one). I think a media has a lot to do with the portrayal of different groups, they need to evoke a reaction or report on "breaking news", which are often devastating or about destruction. I think this mis-educates people as to what the religion is and what it stands for, as people ARE seeing these horrid people and associating them with the religion!

I do think that it is right to get awareness out and about on these terror organisations, but highlighting ONLY them is only bringing more hate towards an otherwise peaceful society. There needs to be more education in schools about different religions and faiths, be it Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Bhuddism, Atheism, etc.) I think this would educate people early on and stop all this hate towards certain groups, so people could unite to bring down terror organisations.

This is all my own opinion, neg me if you will, but it's what I think.
Original post by bill-e
What about the whole west supporting and hailing mass murderers such as the US presidents?
The attitude of the west surrounding this situation is acting as a catalyst for them seeing the attack on OBL as an attack on them as well.

Never said I condoned the US reaction to it either.
Original post by munim
Erm.. Whatis the picture of Kashmir supposed to demonstrate? Are those people not just praying?

Anyways, I am muslim and I don't think terrorists are truly muslim. I know I'm not the most religious person in the world.. But people like Bin Laden make me feel sick.

The media concentrates on these "extremists" (which I believe is the wrong word.. - Islam is all about peace, if they were extremist muslims, they would not cause such destruction. They would do the opposite and reaffirm the religion as a peaceful, caring one). I think a media has a lot to do with the portrayal of different groups, they need to evoke a reaction or report on "breaking news", which are often devastating or about destruction. I think this mis-educates people as to what the religion is and what it stands for, as people ARE seeing these horrid people and associating them with the religion!

I do think that it is right to get awareness out and about on these terror organisations, but highlighting ONLY them is only bringing more hate towards an otherwise peaceful society. There needs to be more education in schools about different religions and faiths, be it Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Bhuddism, Atheism, etc.) I think this would educate people early on and stop all this hate towards certain groups, so people could unite to bring down terror organisations.

This is all my own opinion, neg me if you will, but it's what I think.

As a muslim and a medic what is your opinion on the theory of evolution?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Never said I condoned the US reaction to it either.

So what do you make of the US's reaction?
Reply 33
[QUOTE=

NO NOT ALL MUSLIMS, those are just ppl who share beliefs wd him (WHICH NOT ALL MUSLIMS DO AT ALL!!) -

Personally hated the guy, all he did was kill ppl and ruin Muslim's image!! :stomp:
Reply 34
What about the millions that didn't show up to such a stupid thing? Are they not muslims too?

Plus I am not really suprised since America is the 'enemy'. They're citizens were killed on a daily basis. No wonder they hate USA.

Unfortunately hate breeds hate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by GEN.
No not really, they would just kill each other for different reasons. For example, Korean war wasn't about religion, nor was World War 1/2 about religion. Humans will always fight each other because they're different from one another be it religion, culture, colour, political ideology etc.

world wars werre against jews..........
Reply 36
As a muslim and a medic what is your opinion on the theory of evolution

AHAHA! I really have no idea. To be honest, I don't really care where we came from or how we came about. I think the theory of evolution DOES make sense to some extent, but I don't understand how such intricate biological mechanisms came about just by chance/adaptation.

That's a whole other thread anyways. I just believe in a bit of both I think. =P In my opinion, I am very liberal and I will listen to both sides. At the end of the day, I just don't know which I believe more.
Original post by GEN.
Istanbul:

Goog luck being accepted in EU with that. They should not complain again about France and Germany not wanting them in.
Reply 38
The Tsunamis in Japan, the Reactor in Fukushima, the Revolutions in the Arab World, Osama killed, Al-Qaeda threatening to retaliate, and the Olympic Games next year... It seems like 2012 may happen after all :frown:
Not gonna lie, Muslim Extremists scare the **** out of me. Why can't they just chill the **** out?

Quick Reply

Latest