Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

why is christianity the fastest growing religion in the world?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelifeofbrian)
    why do you give a crap? its not some playground game. if you want to follow a religion then do it in your own time and keep quiet about it, as should athiests.
    could not agree more with this
    and life of brian is pretty much the best film ever
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I would not want a world full of atheists, so it's not quite the bad news.
    Why not?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I would not want a world full of atheists, so it's not quite the bad news.
    You wouldn't want a world full of people who can recognise a philosophically nonsensical argument when they see one?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    You wouldn't want a world full of people who can recognise a philosophically nonsensical argument when they see one?
    This is a non-sequitur. I do believe at one point in the future, the majority of the population would be atheist. But, that won't be down to them being able to recognize a philosophical nonsensical argument rather the environment they live in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It will be due to them being unwilling to attempt philosophy or any form of exploration, because they are told there is nothing.

In other words, some people have their "proof" there is nothing - they will tell everybody this until the cows come home, and many people won't bother to "look" for "something" as they will accept it.

At the very least you have a world of narrow-minded people thinking they know everything. Even if there is no God, telling everybody there isn't doesn't encourage any kind of free thinking.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is? I thought Islam was...:confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    1. Ignorance.

2. Fear.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    It is? I thought Islam was...:confused:
    To be honest we cannot say which any one religion is the fastest growing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_...owing_religion

However in places such as America - it is clear that islam is the fastest growing.

But saying that I found 'According to Guinness World Records (a generally reliable and unbiased source), “Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion'
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robstening)
    It will be due to them being unwilling to attempt philosophy or any form of exploration, because they are told there is nothing.

In other words, some people have their "proof" there is nothing - they will tell everybody this until the cows come home, and many people won't bother to "look" for "something" as they will accept it.

At the very least you have a world of narrow-minded people thinking they know everything. Even if there is no God, telling everybody there isn't doesn't encourage any kind of free thinking.
    Prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist.

You can't, because you don't need to prove anything, I first have to provide evidence that he does exist before you have any imperative to provide proof that he doesn't. It is exactly the same with God.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanrights)
    25 million new adherents a year compared to islams 22.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_...owing_religion

bad news for athiests either way..........
    for religions which are a billion in size that number is not big enough to suggest that the....worlds demographic in terms of religion is shifting more towards theism than atheism
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because of the crusades and the American pigs kill Moslems in Iraq and Afghanistan and all over the world.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyDace)
    either way its 2:0 for religion
    No, it just shows that a lot of people are retarded.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

Adolf Hitler
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm atheist and if it is true then it's not that bad actually.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanrights)
    25 million new adherents a year compared to islams 22.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_...owing_religion

bad news for athiests either way..........
    no, the atheists will be o.k. the new adherents to religions come from poor ****-holes where people need god to make them feel o.k. in prosperous cool trendy parts of the world, there are never very many religious nutters trotting around.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you considered that this 'growth' is not only conversions but births into people who are of said religion.

considering the immediate induction of the child into the parents religion such as baptisms, bris, and whatever the islamic one is called don't you think that religions are adding to thier growth numbers by including people who don't yet understand what religion is and yet are part of it.

Chances are when these people grow up some will stay, somw will convert and some will lose faith, the drop in numbers later is hidden by the continuation of using numbers of births from religious parents
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godlike)
    Prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist.

You can't, because you don't need to prove anything, I first have to provide evidence that he does exist before you have any imperative to provide proof that he doesn't. It is exactly the same with God.
    One: read this
    www.thoughts.com/whatgod/what-god/
    Thoughts on the logicality of God. Not proof, but certainly proof something God-like actually has to exist.
    (Don't believe me? Go ahead, read it. Disagree with the specific intellectual steps, not the conclusion.)

Two:
    The simplest logical form of God is one without physically comparable conscious or form. How can something infinite, seperate from the universe be of a form?
    Thus the simplest logical step is that God is not made from spaghetti, nor (for example), has a beard.

Of course then you can say, "perhaps God would make a spaghetti-based avatar of himself to appear to the earth", or you can say "[God made Jesus happen]", but first you have to analyse the prospect of a God in the first place.

Three:
    So, the concept of something God-like (outside of time + caused universe + "still" "exists") is at least possible if not necessary (read the article).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Religion is just a business and their product is simply in high demand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Coz the pope is fit...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well, so long as Jehovah's Witnesses do not grow in numbers, I am fine! I've had enough of those idiots knocking at my door and trying to give me a retarded view of Scripture.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godlike)
    No, it just shows that a lot of people are retarded.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

Adolf Hitler
    Wow, you are so bold and clever in quoting something from a half-educated psychotic :rolleyes:
Updated: April 1, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.