The Student Room Group

Nervous Wreck since i submitted my APP!!!!

hello guys, im an intl student from Turkey. Im currently doin a foundation course at QMUL and hoping to go into law. i applied too:

-LSE
-Warwick
- Dundee
-York ( enviromental policy)
-SOAS
-Edinburgh

I studied high school in the US and have a HS diploma , i had good grades, and came to the uk to do law, but was told i needed a foundation year beforehand. Do i have any chance at all?! i feel like i aimed too high... i know the fact that im an intl students helps, but am i screwed?
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Aimed too high? I dont think so... i mean, LSE is terrible to get into this year, but SOAS and dundee... and maybe edinburugh... should be ok as long as you get a decent pass in your foundation year surely.

Just out of interest, why did you go for a mixture of english and scottish unis? You know that law at a scottish uni will be scottish law...?
Reply 3
yea, but i hear scotland is more keen on getting international students. and i plan to go back to turkey after my degree, so it shouldnt matter which i do.
Reply 4
bump
Read this and have no idea what your asking
Reply 6
I have a US HS diploma as well, drmoney. From the LSE and Warwick's responses, I don't think they regard this qualification very much. Warwick only asked me to send in my college qualifications here, and they didn't even care/mentioned my HS diploma. It's best that you do exceptionally well on your foundation degree... don't count on the HS diploma too much. Good luck!

Oh yeah... did you ever take the AP exam here in US? They take that into consideration over the HS diploma as well.
Reply 7
im asking if i aimed too high, or if you guys think so, ifeel like i did now that i look back.( in response to spikerocker). and no i ddint take any ap exams. but thanks for the clarification. btw wt do you hope to study in the uk?
Reply 8
I'm applying for Law LLB at LSE, Warwick, SOAS, Notts, Queen M, Bristol. No, I personally don't think you're aiming too high...long as you've got a strong personal statement and good results from your foundation degree.
Reply 9
ahh thank you:biggrin:
Reply 10
oh and one more thing regarding my application. i submitted it on dec 7, but havent gotten anythin from ucas yet regarding track or confirmation. is this normal?
Reply 11
what was your gpa whilst at school or whatever you get?
Reply 12
my gpa was a 3.4
Reply 13
you can do english law at Dundee!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending