The Student Room Group

QMU or Napier - Becoming a Filmmaker

Hey everyone, I just had a question that's been killing me for weeks now! I really hope you can help ...

I've applied for courses at Edinburgh Napier University and Queen Margaret University. Unfortunately, for the "Photography and Film" course at Napier, I was rejected. For the "Acting and English" course however, I was offered a place. Concerning QMU, I was also accepted for the "Theatre and Film Studies" course. which sounds really interesting and is exactly what I need. The problem is I don't know which to choose! Personally, I fell in love with Edinburgh Napier University as it's located in the center of Edinburgh (the most beautiful city, can't wait to go!) and I love the campus that my course will take place at - Craighouse Campus. It's just that, apart from acting, I also love film-making and I hope to major in acting for film and film-making at the same time. Will I be able to do that If I graduate with a BA in Acting and English? I have researched so much about Queen Margaret University to try to like it, and have seen every video and picture of it and even had the prospectus delivered to my home, but it still has not 100% convinced me! I fell in love with Napier and I wanna be happy with where I'm going, but I'm so worried about the course! For the people who go to QMU, what's it like? In my case, I need a part-time job to boost my funds, and accommodation at QMU is expensive because of all the rooms being en-suite! Whereas in Napier, they're at a reasonable price which I can afford, and since it's in the centre of Edinburgh, I can find a greater variety of jobs ... I really don't know what to do ... I don't want to ruin my chances of doing a Master's in Film-making ... Please help me

Thank you
Reply 1
Anyone ? ... Please ... :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending