The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC English Langauge Paper 1 Exam 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by itsmehello
i described the sky

The question said it was in a classroom...:confused:
Original post by Alimbo95
I think I speak for the majority of the TSR community who took their WJEC English Lang GCSE today, by saying it was ****...

i'd rep you + if i weren't maxed for the day
Reply 62
It was very difficult and the majoity of my class are not pleased with what they had done
Reply 63
Original post by Sir Lagsalot
i'd rep you + if i weren't maxed for the day

LOL, it's the thought that counts :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by D.V.Evans
Ye i sat reading and listening today WJEC french, it was hard, and the fill in the blanks on the reading were all gueses. I regret taking it as GCSE now, but my orals and written work came out at 80% and thats 60% of the GCSE, but reading and listening was hard today. Did every one else find it hard ?

OMG it was horrible. I am feeling that I have failed now :frown:
Our teacher is such a rem though we had done nothing on half of the stuff in the exam and I got my left and right confused :s-smilie: praying that I got a C
Reply 65
I found it pretty fun actually, although, knowing me, I probably didn't do so well.
I answered A1, A2 and A3 quite briefly and got stuck on A4.
I said that Yossarian appears to be quite sexist towards the nurse but that wasn't my "main" argument.
The description, I feel as if I didn't do well, although the descriptions were lively, it wasn't very "controlled".
On the other hand, for B2, I did the new arrival one.
I had prepared a story before hand so it took me around half an hour to finish by it doesn't "really" fit the title.
My story was of an Aboriginal boy on his first hunt and I actually added some Aboriginal words (which I crammed in yesterday) but I don't think it'll be A* material.
Perhaps a solid "A" grade and if my examiner turns out to be generous, I am hopefully begging for an A*.
Reply 66
Oh, and the French I found it impossible! I didn't realise her father was a "lorry driver" and her brother was going to turn "13" so the answer would have been "12".
I think maximum, I had 30-35 on those papers, which doesn't really bring me down because I had full marks in the 60% coursework but still, makes me feel stressed.
The listening was just impossible.
question: does WJEC convert the marks into UMS and change the grade boundaries per exam?

I can't find that information on their website and my teachers are as clueless as i am.
Reply 68
^ Yh, I said that he maybe had discriminating thoughts against women, as he described her as doing her housework and shiz... I also chose the "new arrival". I learnt mine yesterday WORD FOR BLOODY WORD and it was about me running away from villagers who made allegations that I was a witch. I fitted it in with the new arrival title as I explained that I was a new person and I didn't know who I was and stuff... In the end I was caught and was killed. Ah, I think it went well, but I spent far too much time on the first question!
Reply 69
Terrible.
Ah, that did not go well. I did far worse on that than any of the practice papers I've done - am really not looking forward to getting the results.

A4 especially was a bit of a fail - I think I totally misinterpreted what was going on, and didn't write enough about my response to it.

The more I think about this, the more badly I think I've done...
Reply 71
The best thing to do is just forget about it. You can't turn back now, so just relax and prepare for your next ones
Reply 72
Oh I'm glad everyone else found it horrible as well :frown: section A hopefully I got 28/40 at best went blank by the time I got to description did half of it badly and did a paragraph of new arrival :frown: I'm so worried I hope I scrape a C/B I'm predicted an A :frown: All day tomorrow working on Paper 2 which I prefer and I hope that will boost me up along with coursework
I love Nurse Cramer Lol Jk i'm Yossarian
Original post by steff11
Oh I'm glad everyone else found it horrible as well :frown: section A hopefully I got 28/40 at best went blank by the time I got to description did half of it badly and did a paragraph of new arrival :frown: I'm so worried I hope I scrape a C/B I'm predicted an A :frown: All day tomorrow working on Paper 2 which I prefer and I hope that will boost me up along with coursework

I'm doing the same, I hope I scraped a B/C, then on Paper 2 which I prefer will hopefully boost up my marks to get an overall A/B as I am predicted an A :/ I found the description to be rather easy I just used quite a lot of similes comparing the splashes of colours to space (nebulas etc.) and made sure I used rather original words such as "celestial". Don't get to stressed about it, it's over now just focus on your next exam. :tongue:
Reply 75
holy muther ****** hell

did anyone spot that bit (section A) where it talked about yossarian and saying He wants to stay in the hospital and then later on i saw it saying something like this she ... something.... something

I'm like....... WTF is this yossarian a fkin boy or girl......lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by hippyhey27

Original post by hippyhey27
holy muther ****** hell

did anyone spot that bit (section A) where it talked about yossarian and saying He wants to stay in the hospital and then later on i saw it saying something like this she ... something.... something

I'm like....... WTF is this yossarian a fkin boy or girl......lol

My friend was telling me about this after the exam, I didnt notice it but it may be a typo mistake. Ifs its not were all screwed
Reply 77
TIME MANAGEMENT IS KEY! I spent too much time on Section A & B1 and as a result I only had 15 minutes left to do B2. I wrote 2 sides for B1 and only 1 side for B2 & I wrote about the dream thingy thing (:

I like Yossarian. He's smart yo, LEAVE HIM ALONE!
Yossarian did seem like one badass guy. I found his natural hate towards Nurse Cramer quite funny.
Does anybody have an idea of boundaries...Apparently it should be 70/80 = a* but this changes of course...any ideas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending