The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC English Langauge Paper 1 Exam 16th May

Scroll to see replies

In question A4 "How does it make you feel?" do you have to mention how YOU feel or just how a reader would feel?!
Reply 101
Original post by malibu_xo
In question A4 "How does it make you feel?" do you have to mention how YOU feel or just how a reader would feel?!

I answered it as how it made ME feel.. :confused:
Sorry to intrude, but I can't believe it's been 2 years since I sat this exam!

Good luck with the results everyone! :smile:
very good previous two...

i wrote things like....

A large, robust bird soars noisily past the classroom. Its heavy wings flap, echoing throughout the field. The hectic children, in response to seeing this, frantically dart around the classroom in an attempt to impersonate the animal.

A tall, confident businessman, pride in his stance, approaches through the door. He wears a brand new, vibrant armani suit and sparkling shoes. It was the headmaster. With every step he took, a masculine scent of cologne recoils off him.

Etc... i ended up writing 2 pages! (my handwriting is abnormally large, plus i left several lines due to paragraphs.)
Reply 104
Original post by ScottENGLAND
very good previous two...

i wrote things like....

A large, robust bird soars noisily past the classroom. Its heavy wings flap, echoing throughout the field. The hectic children, in response to seeing this, frantically dart around the classroom in an attempt to impersonate the animal.

A tall, confident businessman, pride in his stance, approaches through the door. He wears a brand new, vibrant armani suit and sparkling shoes. It was the headmaster. With every step he took, a masculine scent of cologne recoils off him.

Etc... i ended up writing 2 pages! (my handwriting is abnormally large, plus i left several lines due to paragraphs.)

I wrote about 2 pages too, and 4 pages for my story (my handwriting's huge too :redface:). I only did about a third or a page for my A1 though xD
not bad at all, i wrote about 10 words for a4 haaha!!
I like your description! I wrote how A4 made me feel and I wrote that yossarian is actually the crazy one cos he says that people are shooting him... But he's in a hospital
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sarr
I answered it as how it made ME feel.. :confused:

oh no, I did it the other way!
it was confusing and needed much interpretation
Yoss gets called a "she" half way through, lots of people have claimed this aswell.
I thought the soldier in white died twice..
I thought nurse cramer killed him, but then she looks in "horror" so she obviously didnt...
i had no idea wth they were talking about in the last paragraph... i just put two men were talking in a hospital...
Reply 109
on a4 did anyone else get that he was slightly crazy as he believed that they were only shooting at him and he had become paranoid? im worried cause my friend said i did it wrong! :mad::frown:
Original post by kelly94
on a4 did anyone else get that he was slightly crazy as he believed that they were only shooting at him and he had become paranoid? im worried cause my friend said i did it wrong! :mad::frown:

i wrote the same thing saying it could be ironic because he could be the only sane one and the rest can't accept that there is a war going on but on the other hand it seems like its him who is crazy and he thinks theyre shooting at him but hes not being shot at
Reply 111
Original post by 123_456_789

Original post by 123_456_789
Ahh.. Well I have to say I did a very similar thing! Beforehand I prepared a description of a chav/teenager. So I said that the teacher had pictures of his son by his desk, and described those pictures. :tongue:

Lol thats actually smart
Reply 112
Umm i dont mean to worry you guys who did the question about getting it back in time on question B2 but it wasnt about time travel, it was about gettting something back before something bad happened like when you send something in the post.......
Okay, so i think i interpreted this completley wrong! at the end, i wrote that the war made Yossarian's friend crazy and disorientated as he contradicted himself in saying by saying 'no one is trying to kill you' and 'they're shooting at everyone', and the fact that he was being emotional shows this too.
I just didn't really understand this stupid extract!
and, can someone remind me what the descriptive writing was, i have a bad feeling i did it wrong...
Reply 114
Original post by saralovesyou
Okay, so i think i interpreted this completley wrong! at the end, i wrote that the war made Yossarian's friend crazy and disorientated as he contradicted himself in saying by saying 'no one is trying to kill you' and 'they're shooting at everyone', and the fact that he was being emotional shows this too.

I just didn't really understand this stupid extract!
and, can someone remind me what the descriptive writing was, i have a bad feeling i did it wrong...

Describe the scene in a primary school art class
Original post by hippyhey27
holy muther ****** hell

did anyone spot that bit (section A) where it talked about yossarian and saying He wants to stay in the hospital and then later on i saw it saying something like this she ... something.... something

agreed i was so unsure whether it was a boy or girl...
i hope it was a boy :|
Yossarian... what an AWKWARD name to write
Reply 116
Absolute torture. I only managed to write half a page for my story, no dialogue whatsoever.

And Yossarian... the ffffuuuu ?
lmao i wrote about 2 pages for a4 about a peacful place i have failed epically i fear a lowly C may be coming my way :s-smilie:
maggie, how the fu did you have time to write 2 pages for a4?
i wrote about 2 lines lol
OMG!
how comes everyone's written like 1-2 pages for the descriptive writing??
I only did 3/4 of a page because i didnt have time cuz a4 confused me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending