The Student Room Group

Positive Marking

Hi

I am wondering are GCSEs marked positively?

For example if the question in Geography was:

Why does a country have a high birth rate for 3 marks

If I said:

Lack of contraception
For labour on farm
To support at old age
For fun

Obviously the last one is wrong but will I still get the 3 marks for the first 3 OR will I be penalised for the wrong answer?

Cheers
Why would you get a decrease in marks?!?! If you got the answers right...they dont care about the other answers However do not right something that is right and something wrong in the same sentence. Do it it different sentences.
Reply 2
Hmmm I'm not sure if you get a mark taken off; I know you do in some subjects. Look at a mark scheme for the past paper and see what it says under notes :smile:
What I think would happen is that, in this situation, you would get the three marks.

However, if you had of done it in a different order, and fun would have been in the first three answers, you would have only got two marks

So the lesson is, if you have a question asking for THREE things and you put down FOUR, only the first three will be marks
Reply 4
Original post by thegaffer91
What I think would happen is that, in this situation, you would get the three marks.

However, if you had of done it in a different order, and fun would have been in the first three answers, you would have only got two marks

So the lesson is, if you have a question asking for THREE things and you put down FOUR, only the first three will be marks

Hi

THe question did not specify for only 3 points
No, examiners want to read funny things, it makes their job less boring (unless you got a lousy old faggot marking of course he might deduct you)
Positive marking only really applys heavily to essay questions like if you get a date confused with an event in History they wont mark you down they just wont give you a mark for remembering a date.

In Q&A exams like the one above they will do pretty much the same. If you awsner 2 points correctly and 1 wrong they will mark you for the 2 you got right.

Quick Reply

Latest