The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should def choose Kent. I have just started and I am loving it! The people are all really friendly, and the campus is quite small and cosy!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there, I am really interested in also going to Kent for university, i have applied there for law but am awaiting feedback. Do you recommend the university? i currently have offers from queen marys, brunel and sussex. So its really between sussex and kent?
im still waiting for a reply...are they really though with their acceptances? I love the campus and canterbury is gorgeous.
I think they only require an interview for law...you'll get a conditional offer fairly soon.
Reply 5
I applied to kent, went to the open day on the... 1st? of feb and really liked it. I think it'll most likely be my reserve choice but i dont know, the atmosphere was def. nicer than some I've visited.
My sister lives there and says the Canterbury bit of Kent is really good, but the one in Tunbridge Wales isn't.
Reply 7
hi ya, i definatly want to go kent, i really like it there. it looks like a cosy uni and the gym is really nice. i am going to study accounting and finance. Anyone else?
Reply 8
its my insurance, really nice campus!:smile:
Reply 9
got an offer for actuarial science, most probably insurance
I do English and American literature with Comparative Literary Studies and I really love it here. The people, the town and the campus are all exactly as I wanted for my chosen University.

The balance is just right between social and academic, Kent are also quite understanding to people who don't reach the required grades, so long as there is a valid reason as to why.

I would recommend this uni to anyone.
i got into kent for english and drama (unconditional) but am worried canterburys a teeny tiny town and everyone will be alcoholics cos tehres nothing else to do. i did a term at lancaster and left cos it was awful and a massivley drinking uni and rubbish course so im terrified of going somewhere similar.
It is a drinking uni, but I don't drink all the time. You'll be lucky to find a university that isn't highly drink-orientated! There are loads of societies that meet in places like Starbucks and you don't HAVE to drink anyway.
There is more to do in Canterbury than Lancaster. Lancaster does have a bigger campus though.
Reply 13
I've chosen Kent as my first choice to do Biomedical Science. I loved the campus and the people seemed friendly.
Do any of you current students know what the accomodation at Park Wood is like because that is what I applied for and I'm not 100% sure what I'm gonna get! The alternative was Darwin Houses and there is like NO information about them at all, what are they like?
Reply 14
darwins crap
Reply 15
might end up there because imperial's Wye college may move to the uni of kent.. :eek:
Reply 16
saw it on open day, i was like huh! the kitchen is pacious for one prson only. Never seena kitchen like that its like a stor room. Sink microwave oven. The rooms arent great. I think kent si somewhre u need to reseach accomodation. Am worried as i dnt drink, and when went to kent its very drinking relliant-if sucha phrase exists
In Park Wood you live in either self-catered flats or self-catered houses. The flats are ensuite, 5 or 6 people, lovely kitchen too but expensive. The houses are 5 people, 2 toilets 2 shower rooms and a kitchen, much less expensive.
Other self-catered alternatives are Darwin Houses, which aren't THAT bad (Darwin COLLEGE is a cesspool though) and Tyler Court blocks B and C which are the same as the self-catered flats in Park Wood.
I enjoy living in PW, it's around 10-15 minutes walk from main campus so it's reasonably quiet (depends on what housemates you get), has its own shop and pub PLUS you get to bring your own car!
Reply 18
Hi, i've recently accepted an Unconditional Offer to the University of Kent to study Psychology and im really looking forward to it, the whole application process what daunting to say the least and im really glad its out of the way :smile:

For anyone who has accepted an offer to Kent, how long was it before you recieved any type of confirmation from the universtity regarding your placement? Only I accepted the place in February and as of yet havent recieved anything from the Uni saying they've recieved my acceptence letter?

Is this usual? I applyed for accomidation the day I accepted the place in February and my details were on there system, im worrying that maybe something has gone wrong along the line?

Now ive just got to apply for the student finance, fun, fun, fun :s-smilie:
hey i accepted Kent as my 1st choice to do business admin (marketing) but the problem is i've never even been to Kent is it a nice area? and is the uni nice i know i prob should've visited b4 but i never had time!

Latest

Trending

Trending