The Student Room Group

Official St George Medicine Offers thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by amyyy24
Missed my offer for medicine - completely guttered
but managed to get into biomed this morning through clearing and had a telephone interview today, received an offer email earlier on - UTTER RELIEF that I can still go to sgul :biggrin:

nvm, it's a great place you'll love it georges. :smile: you'll be having most of your first year lectures with the medics anyways.

im a first year biomed at sgul. have fun and make sure you come to all the freshers events!
*biomed fresher sneaks in*
I can't find any other threads, so hope you don't mind me intruding :smile:
Original post by accioweasley

GERRROFFFFFFFF!

Nah, joke, stay. Please stay and make yourself at home :cookie:
Original post by hidden_desire
GERRROFFFFFFFF!

Nah, joke, stay. Please stay and make yourself at home :cookie:

Cookies! Haha thanks :smile: I'm just wondering, when do we find out about which textbooks we need and our timetables and... whatever else we do in uni?
Totally clueless about what needs to be done next.
Cookies! Haha thanks :smile: I'm just wondering, when do we find out about which textbooks we need and our timetables and... whatever else we do in uni?

No idea, no idea and surprisingly...... no idea. :redface: I have no answers, but I'm equally as lost, which may be of some consolation :P

I'm hoping we get more info in the fresher's pack or something. Or maybe you could ask students who are already studying there (now there's an idea :wink: )
Reply 125

Don't worry about that now, just make sure you get your ass down to the Students Union when you get here and go to all the freshers events.

You'll be receiving a freshers pack in the next weeks with further info and the dates. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey Guys,

Congrats to everyone on your results! Those of you that missed the offer should do biomed at Georges and compete for the transfer. Two of my housemates that did biomedical science got the transfer. On that note, for those that did not get a place in halls or doesn't want to live in halls, we will have a spare room on blackshaw road (literally across the road from george's).

Move in date will be anytime from 27Aug to 27September. Unfortuneately this opportunity is not available to males.

It is a 4bed and you'll be living with 3 female students: 1 4th year medic (me) and 2 third year medics that us got the transfer. Please reply/inbox me for further details!

Best Wishes
(edited 12 years ago)

I've snuck in too shhhhh
(Biomed high five :five:)
Reply 128
Original post by sheep_go_baa

I've snuck in too shhhhh

your welcome :smile: lets bring this thread to life !
Reply 129
Does anyone know anything about accommodation yet? :smile:
Original post by amyyy24
Does anyone know anything about accommodation yet? :smile:

I thought you were meant to apply for accomadation before a deadline in July...
Reply 131
I thought you were meant to apply for accomadation before a deadline in July...

Yeaah, I know that :smile: it just seems other universities have started allocating places to people?
Original post by amyyy24
Yeaah, I know that :smile: it just seems other universities have started allocating places to people?

Oh I see :smile: I think they will probably start contacting people soon now :shrug:
WOO! im in baby! - A*A A A
Im just grateful that ive got this opportunity! - ROLE ON THE MEDICAL DEGREE! (i cringe everytime i say that :tongue:)
Guys - whats happening with accomodation? - i applied in early july, but havent heard anything back -.-
Oh and congratulations to everyone else who got in! :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by maria schvedova

Original post by maria schvedova
WOO! im in baby! - A*A A A
Im just grateful that ive got this opportunity! - ROLE ON THE MEDICAL DEGREE! (i cringe everytime i say that :tongue:)
Guys - whats happening with accomodation? - i applied in early july, but havent heard anything back -.-
Oh and congratulations to everyone else who got in! :smile:

Great :biggrin: , we should hear back from accommodation sometime next week. All first year students normally end up getting a place so fingers crossed:smile:

p.s for anyone of you on facebook join the St. Georges - Medics 2011/12 page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149412005142400/
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys,

Does anyone have the reading list for biomed at St George's?
Those who are already on the course, please post the list if you have one.

Thanks in advance
peace x
Original post by uer23
Don't worry about that now, just make sure you get your ass down to the Students Union when you get here and go to all the freshers events.

You'll be receiving a freshers pack in the next weeks with further info and the dates. :smile:

oh ok, thank you! :smile:

I've snuck in too shhhhh

*returns high five* :five:
Reply 137
Original post by hidden_desire
Yus yus yus :smile: (it was my only offer for Medicine :sigh: ) Have you?

Oh thanks :smile: Blair and Chuck :love:

What were your GCSE grades and what other med schools did you apply for and what degree are you doing
Original post by Khat
What were your GCSE grades and what other med schools did you apply for and what degree are you doing

GCSEs: 6 A*s 1 A 1B

Also applied to Southampton, Leeds, East Anglia. And I'm currently studying Medicine..?
Reply 139
Just found this thread, why don't we try to get this a little more active?
Canadian international student here, firmed conditional offer.
Just waiting for them damn June packs now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending