The Student Room Group

WJEC AS & A2 Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Morsey_
I have learned to expect the unexpected with WJEC, however last years paper must have been brutal to those sitting it.

haha good attitude! Yeah, my friends sat it and they came out crying. Like apparently, the examiners had to take off the vector question cuz it was that hard and thus it was like out of 65 instead of 75. Man, i'm scared, weird parametric questions might come up, or even weird substitution questions where you had to recognize trig stuff that is hidden :s-smilie: If weird vectors come up again i'm screwed >.<
Original post by AquaBubblez
haha good attitude! Yeah, my friends sat it and they came out crying. Like apparently, the examiners had to take off the vector question cuz it was that hard and thus it was like out of 65 instead of 75. Man, i'm scared, weird parametric questions might come up, or even weird substitution questions where you had to recognize trig stuff that is hidden :s-smilie: If weird vectors come up again i'm screwed >.<

Lol that exam went so badly that I just laughed at it. But results day I got over 90 UMS still!

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by morgan-angharad
Have they ever asked to prove any of the double angle formulas?:redface: Yeah good luck too, all of the exams this year were stupidly hard and I'm worried I'm going to mess them all up! :frown: Are you in second year then? :smile:

They would never ask for a proper proof of double angle formulae, or if they did they'd have to provide a lot of help.
Original post by _Morsey_
After how last years papers C4 went, i hope WJEC go for a straight forward paper this Summer.
Eh, it's dangerous to think like that. Last year was clearly a push to make the A* grade easier to distinguish for the examiners, but it looks like they went too far, so you're probably looking at something harder than most papers, but easier than 2013.
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56184369

Compilation of all papers and mark schemes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending