The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3 - 17th June 2011

Anybody doing PSYA3 on June 17th? My college decided to do PSYA4 in Jan and PSYA3 in the summer. Haven't really started revising but thought I would make a thread so people can post any help, question predictions, etc. I'm doing Relationships, Agression and Eating Behaviours. I know it's not possible to predict questions but what do people think may come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Group display is the only question that hasn't come up for aggression, everything has come up for eating behaviours (the jan 11 qu was neural mechanisms and factors that influence eating behaviour) I didn't do relationships
What topics did you do in Jan?
Reply 2
Original post by nlmeeson
Group display is the only question that hasn't come up for aggression, everything has come up for eating behaviours (the jan 11 qu was neural mechanisms and factors that influence eating behaviour) I didn't do relationships

I guess I should revise group display then! I did schizophrenia, media and of course research methods. Are you doing that paper in June?
Reply 3
Yeah doing phobias, addiction and research methods :/
Reply 4
Ahh well a bit of advice- if you want a good grade make sure you know research methods inside out!! Research methods is worth the most marks- 35 whereas the other two are 25. This girl I know got something like 17 or 18 in schizophrenia, 10 in media (yes, 10!) and 30 in research methods and got an A for the paper!!! So even if you're not as strong on the other two topics as long as you've got research methods nailed you're pretty much sorted! :smile:
Reply 5
what's the best way to revise for this guys? i seem to have lost all motivation which is not good a week or so away from the exam when i really don't know my stuff at all :frown:
Reply 6
Anyone got a link to the January 2011 PSYA3 paper?

Cheers!
Reply 7
Original post by srhogg1
what's the best way to revise for this guys? i seem to have lost all motivation which is not good a week or so away from the exam when i really don't know my stuff at all :frown:

I feel the same!! I think the best way though is to just practice loads of possible questions and make sure your AO2 is good as this will be where most of the marks will come from. Just do as much as you can in the next week!

Original post by Stemroach
Anyone got a link to the January 2011 PSYA3 paper?

Cheers!

Don't have the link but I have the questions that came up. Which topics do you need?
Reply 8
Original post by cookiee
Don't have the link but I have the questions that came up. Which topics do you need?

Gender, Relationships and Aggression please :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Stemroach
Gender, Relationships and Aggression please :smile:

Relationships:
Describe and evaluate two or more theories of the formation of romantic relationships (9+16 marks)

Aggression:
Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggression. (9+16 marks)

Discuss Kohlberg's theory of gender development. (9+16 marks)

:smile:
Reply 10
Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 11
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has the questions that came up for Aggression, Eating Behaviour and Biological Rhythms for the Jan 2011 paper?

Literally starting to panic so very much, so I'm hoping I can eliminate a couple topics and just focus on the rest. aaaah! How is everyone going about revising for this?
Reply 12
Ooo never mind, I've found it!

Jan 2011 PSYA3 questions:

Aggression: Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggression. (9 marks + 16 marks)

Perception: Discuss the development of perceptual abilities. Include examples from infant and
cross-cultural studies in your answer. (9 marks + 16 marks)

Eating Behaviour:
a) Discuss the role of one or more factors that influence attitudes to food. (4 marks + 8 marks)

b) Outline and evaluate the role of neural mechanisms in controlling eating. (5 marks + 8 marks)

Relationships: Describe and evaluate two or more theories of the formation of romantic relationships.
(9 marks + 16 marks)

Biological Rhythms: Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers in the control of one or more biological
rhythms. (9 marks + 16 marks)

Gender: Discuss Kohlberg’s theory of gender development. (9 marks + 16 marks)

Intelligence and Learning:
a) Outline Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences. (5 marks)
b) Outline and evaluate the role of genetic factors in intelligence test performance. (4 marks + 16 marks)

Cognition and Development: Discuss the development of the child’s sense of self. (9 marks + 16 marks)

im doing relationships, eating behaviour and cognition and development. revising by reading it all in detail, mind-mapping what i can remember off the top of my head and putting key points on sticky notes/revision cards as cues to jog my memory - done this last year and got an A at AS but really losing motivation now, just want it over with! fairly confident though.
Reply 14
Original post by nlmeeson

As far as I'm aware Neural and Hormonal Explanations for Agression hasn't come up at all yet (I did testosterone and frontal lobe damage). And my teacher said that Group Display can come under Evolutionary explanations for aggression which has come up; so it could have been written about when the evo question came up because the question was so vague.

And for Eating Behaviours the Evolutionary stuff hasn't come up ( I think anyway!)

As for Relationships...Maintenence, Breakdown, Childhood/Adolescent Experiences and Sexual Selection hasn't come up :s-smilie:
My teacher gave us a list of all past questions so we could see what has come up since the spec changed in Jan 2010.

Of course we can't really predict what they are going to ask because they could repeat things- they know we're going to be trying to guess what's coming up! Best to know everything just in case!

In Jan I did Schizophrenia, Anomolistic and obv Research Methods

Can't wait to get this exam to be out of the way but at the same time I want more time to revise- so much to learn!
Hope everyone does really well. Not long till it's all over! :smile:
im doing it, aint revised yet though....

i got perception, agression and gender development, yay me..... :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by cookiee
Relationships:
Describe and evaluate two or more theories of the formation of romantic relationships (9+16 marks)

Aggression:
Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggression. (9+16 marks)

Discuss Kohlberg's theory of gender development. (9+16 marks)

do you have eating and sleep aswell? thanks :smile:
Reply 17
any idea of what's gnna come up for aggression, sleep and eating disorders?
Reply 18
Original post by cookiee

Original post by cookiee
I guess I should revise group display then! I did schizophrenia, media and of course research methods. Are you doing that paper in June?

I did schiz, media and research methods in jan! what did u get?
Reply 19
Original post by MVD_02
any idea of what's gnna come up for aggression, sleep and eating disorders?

I'm thinking the evolutionary explanation of eating behaviour. It's the only thing that hasn't come out so i'm hoping it will be the 25 mark question. I got full marks for an essay i did on it if anyone likes i could type it up and post it up so my plan is to just study that for that section of EB :smile:

As for Aggression, maybe something on genetics? or group displays? its the only thing i think hasn't come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending