The Student Room Group
never did it but.... try posting (thats if this thread doesnt get moved) on here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Reply 2
Hi!

I was wondering how difficult A Level and GCSE Geography is. What topics are there and was was the A/A* pass rate? And what did you get?

Thanks! :cool:
Reply 3
Hi!

I was wondering how difficult A Level and GCSE Geography is. What topics are there and was was the A/A* pass rate? And what did you get?

Reply 4
Hi!

Depends how good you are at essay writing and remembering facts really especially at A2.. I dunno generally people are either good at geography or they aren't aren't lol.

Topics can include tectonics, geomorphology, rivers, ecosystems, coasts, glaciation, sustainable development, tourism, economics, hazards, weather... stuff..

Geography has it all.
Reply 6
ElWilson
Hi!

Hiya! GCSE geography is great!! In my year there was a high A/A* pass rate...... As for Alevel.. it gets harder! but all subjects do and you have to get on with it!! More of a mix of results were had for As... out of 11-ish (may have forgotten someone!!) 3 or 4 got As... lots of Bs and some lower... On your first alevel lesson.. they inform that you have to write essays.. yes.. essays about geography! i was shocked.. i am not an essay fan, and thought i had chosen a subject without them! But they are not too bad actually.. in the physical geography ones you even get to draw pictures.. so its not too bad!! I enjoy geography, and if you do.. you will love it!!
Anyway... good luck with whatever you choose!!
Hope that helps!!
Anna
BTW... I got A and GCSE and As...
I did short course GCSE Geography, had a really crap teacher and im not exaggerating when i say i did 5 pages of geog wrk in y11, and only revised the night before my exam. Stratomaster is right, you are either good at it or you are not, but it not too difficult.
Personally I hated it, but that was more to do with the teacher than the actual subject I think. Plus I couldn't read a map to save my life. I did do some fun coursework though, I compared shopping in Meadowhall to shopping in Mansfields Four Seasons hehe, not very geographical, and probably the reason I only got a C
Reply 9
GCSE Geography is easy as anything, but I found it dead boring. Took it for an easy A*.
Reply 10
I got an A at GCSE and a B at A Level, TWO marks off an A!!! :mad:. But anyway, basically you need to learn case studies and lots of facts, and write essays, especially in the synoptic module of the A2 course.

My GCSE syllabus consisted of (if I can remember all of them) - Rivers, Tectonics, Industry, Settlement, Population, Coasts - and I think that's it. (AQA Spec A) and coursework

AS - Rivers, Settlement, Population, Weather, Ecosystems (YUK), and Managing Resources

A2 - Tectonics, Coasts, Tourism, coursework, Settlement (again AQA spec A)

I have never studied glaciers untill 2 weeks ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending