The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
but halls are sooo much fun. And we get formals.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i'll have it as my firm if i get no more offers i want catered en suite accomodation not fussy about which hall
Reply 3
That's good - you can't pick which hall anyway. xx
I'm contemplating it, depending on january exams.
Reply 5
It will most probably be my firm - I dont know about which accomodation as i havent visited it yet- but want ensuit - probably catered
Reply 6
**noooni**
It will most probably be my firm - I dont know about which accomodation as i havent visited it yet- but want ensuit - probably catered

nottingham is my firm, for philosophy. I don't think we get to decide which halls we'd like to stay in.. im not fussed about self catered or catered, ideally i would like an ensuite.
Nottingham's my firm for Electronic Engineering , havent actually been up there but it souds good :smile:
Nottingham will be my firm, for American Studies. I'm hoping to get put in HuStu :P but don't know if that will be possible :frown: not bothered about en-suite etc, as long as the people I share my bathroom with aren't mucky pups :P
Reply 9
ensuite is overrated. Go for PSB, it feels really cosy in our block. Also if you fancy a bath you can have one.
Halls are rubbish. The food is rubbish. Theres a good chance you'll be put up with rubbish, loud people. Guess what, the walls are made of paper. I sometimes wish I was in self catered.
Reply 11
I love halls. Each to their own. xx
Reply 12
I absolutely love halls as well. It couldn't be any better really, but I get on amazingly well with everyone in my corridor so I do feel rather lucky.

American Studies is a pretty good course but there's so much reading to do!
I adore halls. The food can sometimes leave something to be desired, but it gives everyone something to complain about together! I live on a quiet block and spend my time on a loud block... best of both worlds. If you're not bothered about en-suite (which I agree is overrated) then I suggest applying for a shared study. I think you save £400 and you basically end up with the party room- they rock!
Reply 14
I think Nottingham will be my firm for Politics. I'm getting a bit nervous about getting ABB though
xx
Reply 15
Firm for Management :smile:
Reply 16
I can't pick firm and insurance, as I already hold my qualifications and all my offers are unconditional... But I am definitely contemplating Nottingham !!! Have to visit first!

Edit:

Oh, and I'm in for American Studies, too :smile:
Firm for English Studies and German
Reply 18
sophiefluff
Firm for English Studies and German

See you in German!
Reply 19
Out of curiosity, why do you want to study German? What are you gonna do with it later on :smile: ?

Latest

Trending

Trending