The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by emeritus2011
how does it make me a wasteman and how is it negative???????, i was actually pointing out that if your'e looking to aknowledgne black women then dont just show what the media potrays as a black woman, show real black women...KMT!

Those are 'real black women'! They all look 100% black to me ... not mixed race. Yes they've straightened their hair, makeup etc so you can argue that's not 'real' but I've got nothing wrong with women doing those things it doesn't make them fake.

You want to see some very dark skinned woman with natty hair ... is that a real black woman to you :s-smilie: Took 1 post for the thread to bring up this tired argument.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 121
Original post by Vikki1805
Just out of curiosity, why do so many people really like the picture of the girl with the rather large bum? I've never understood why a big/fat bum, is a 'turn on'?
Anyone able to explain? :biggrin:

In my culture its 'womanly' and the idea of having something to grab/hold lol .
Original post by Antzlck
Because Aleck Wek (in my opinion) is not attractive. Why must Alek Wek be seen as a 'real' black woman. ALL those woman in the original post look 100% black to me and not mixed. Black people come in all many many shades, some are very light doesn't mean their not black. That attitude which on see on TSR a lot, the one that tries to say Beyonce or Rhianna is not black because they are not dark enough skinned for some people, pisses me off so much. In my own family, the ones that are 100% black, some are as black as Alek Wek (well not quite lol) and some are as light as Alicia Keys ... we're all black!

my exact point so why not show different shades of black women?

Original post by Nomes89
I dno, wouldn't read too much into it (the first woman looked fairly dark to me!)...in other words I don't think they were chosen because they had lighter skin or whatever. Like someone else tried to point out, cosmetically changing one's appearance is not exclusively done amongst black women. And it doesn't mean they're not 'proud'.

im sorry but skin bleaching is not showing pride of ones skin tone

Original post by Antzlck
Those are 'real black women'! They all look 100% black to me ... not mixed race. Yes they've straightened their hair, makeup etc so you can argue that's not 'real' but I've got nothing wrong with women doing those things it doesn't make them fake.

You want to see some very dark skinned woman with natty hair ... is that a real black woman to you :s-smilie: Took 1 post for the thread to bring up this tired argument.

no one said they werent real all im saying those are what the media wants us to think are "sexy black women
Reply 123

Original post by Ladipidoo
Your thread. :sly:

LOOOL! Joker

they should do a male thread tbh :drool:
Why would you put sexually explicit images of black women and not call then negative, as black women we are constantly criticized because of girls like those above, people assume we are all whores so sorry, but as a black woman myself I find it offensive.

I kind of understand that you’re trying to encourage positive responses about black women, but you’re going about it the wrong way. You should find iconic images instead of slutty ones like those ones that encourage prejudice.
(edited 12 years ago)

She is half Somali, i saw some mixed pics some of you posted so yeah a mixed Somali

Morrocan
Most of the pics are of Ethiopians Somalis and one Mixed Somali Model
Viva Africa
*Africa is Diverse =)
Original post by Ebuwa

Well that does make sense. Don't get me wrong., I'd rather see a girl with some meat on her than nothing at all! :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Evangelica
Uh so my white friends can wear extensions but if my black friends do then they're not black? That's ridiculous, Afro hair is ridiculously difficult to take care of; it takes me five minutes to sort my hair out in the morning, it would take my African friends at least an hour with natural hair. Don't be ignorant.

You are being quite ignorant. It is not difficult to take care of , if you know how to do it properly.
Original post by Ebuwa

this is what i've been ranting about, finally :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 131
These did not turn me on at all. And this is not just because I am a girl.
Reply 132
Original post by emeritus2011
this is what i've been ranting about, finally :biggrin::biggrin:

What have you been ranting about?:smile:
Original post by Ebuwa

Original post by Ebuwa
You are being quite ignorant. It is not difficult to take care of , if you know how to do it properly.

I was saying that if people with Afro hair choose to wear extensions / braids / relax their hair, they should be allowed to instead of being judged ... or do you think all people with Afro hair should be made to have their hair out naturally ... no didn't think so. It may take you 5 minutes, but it doesn't take my friends 5 minutes, and they find it easier so I respect that. Maybe you shouldn't be so ignorant in assuming that everyone has as easy a time sorting their hair out as you do.
Reply 134
Original post by Sorry
These did not turn me on at all. And this is not just because I am a girl.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all have different tastes.
Reply 135
Dayummmmm
Reply 136
Original post by Evangelica
I was saying that if people with Afro hair choose to wear extensions / braids / relax their hair, they should be allowed to instead of being judged ... or do you think all people with Afro hair should be made to have their hair out naturally ... no didn't think so. It may take you 5 minutes, but it doesn't take my friends 5 minutes, and they find it easier so I respect that. Maybe you shouldn't be so ignorant in assuming that everyone has as easy a time sorting their hair out as you do.

No your hair should be styled according to your preference not others. It doesn't take me five minutes. You are the one being ignorant you assumed that all afro hair is difficult to 'take care of' kmt
Reply 137
Original post by Ebuwa
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all have different tastes.

I know that. I'm just saying what I think.
Reply 138
Original post by Ebuwa

HAHAH This to the maximum
Reply 139
I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more booty in it.

Latest