The Student Room Group

Performing Arts/Drama/Acting/etc Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beeblues
I have just had an offer from LAMDA for Technical Theatre and Stage Management. I am so stoked. No news from RADA, but it shows that some offers are still being given at this point in time.

Well done on your offer at LAMDA. That's great news that offers are still being given. Have you accepted it or are you waiting to hear from RADA before making up your mind?
Reply 341
Original post by HarveyJames
Well done on your offer at LAMDA. That's great news that offers are still being given. Have you accepted it or are you waiting to hear from RADA before making up your mind?

I am confirming my place at LAMDA, but I can reject it later if I don't send in the paperwork just yet.
I doubt that I will get offers from both LAMDA and RADA, but either way I am extremely happy. I hope you hear soon.
Hi there, has anyone else got into RADA this year? I'm looking to meet people who will be going to the same school as me and may also be looking for somewhere to live. I feel a bit lost with only a couple of months to pack up my whole life and move to central London!!

Help?!!

x
Original post by Kempy10
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a place at any Central London drama schools and is currently looking for accommodation?

Thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Jordon, I'm 18, and I'm in this boat with one of my good friends, we're both heading to London Drama schools on three year courses (I'll be studying at Drama Centre London, whereas my friend will be at LAMDA), was wondering if there were any others, possibly looking for a flat share or a house share or something? I thought it would be interesting to see if there's any others out there that might consider looking for somewhere with us? (For example, looking for a house for 5 people spreads the cost a little more than if me and him were to find somewhere for the two of us as it is).

Also, if there's any people out there that have studied at Drama Centre London before, I'd love to hear what you thought of the school and any advice on student life there would be great too :biggrin:

Hi Jordon, have you had any luck? Or are you still looking? I'm going to RADA and my boyfriend and I are looking to move into shared accomodation too :smile:
Hello, is anyone off to Rose Bruford in September on the Acting course? Would be great to find my classmates :smile: x
Original post by Dizzywhore1804
Hello, is anyone off to Rose Bruford in September on the Acting course? Would be great to find my classmates :smile: x

He's not on here but my best buddy is!
Bruford is awesome, congrats on getting a place! (:
X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 346
Still waiting to hear from Bristol! Just to ask guys, what are your reasons for wanting to go to drama school? It's just for curiosity lol. For acting? Contacts? Degree?
Reply 347
I am confirming my place at LAMDA, but I can reject it later if I don't send in the paperwork just yet.
I doubt that I will get offers from both LAMDA and RADA, but either way I am extremely happy. I hope you hear soon.

Come to LAMDA!!!! :smile: Both of you :tongue: I heard from RADA literally the day before the supposed July 1st deadline and that was only because I called to ask as I needed to pay my LAMDA fees by then (I'm an international student so that was my deadline). A couple of my fellow course mates never heard back from RADA at all which I find quite shocking! Anyway any questions about LAMDA? Would be glad to answer them!
Reply 348
Original post by Virna
Come to LAMDA!!!! :smile: Both of you :tongue: I heard from RADA literally the day before the supposed July 1st deadline and that was only because I called to ask as I needed to pay my LAMDA fees by then (I'm an international student so that was my deadline). A couple of my fellow course mates never heard back from RADA at all which I find quite shocking! Anyway any questions about LAMDA? Would be glad to answer them!

Thanks, I am so excited to have an offer from LAMDA. My question is do you get taught to read scores or do I need to do a separate course for that? It would be a really useful thing to learn to improve my employability once I finish my course.
Reply 349
Thanks, I am so excited to have an offer from LAMDA. My question is do you get taught to read scores or do I need to do a separate course for that? It would be a really useful thing to learn to improve my employability once I finish my course.

Heya, we get one score reading lesson which is more of a "you don't need to be able to read music to cue from a score" lesson. SO useful. But other than that no we don't but the SM association organise 2-3 day courses that you can do whenever or once you graduate.

I got a letter from RADA this morning telling me all the offers have been given and asking me if I want to be put on the reserve list. I'm going to accept my firm offer at East 15.
Reply 351
I got a letter from RADA this morning telling me all the offers have been given and asking me if I want to be put on the reserve list. I'm going to accept my firm offer at East 15.

I got the same thing this morning. I don't know how often people on reserve lists actually get places but I'm going to accept and hope something will come of it.
Original post by oh_joy
I got the same thing this morning. I don't know how often people on reserve lists actually get places but I'm going to accept and hope something will come of it.

Do you have to pay a deposit to secure your place at LAMDA? I have to pay £300 to East 15 by Friday or I lose my place.
Reply 353
Do you have to pay a deposit to secure your place at LAMDA? I have to pay £300 to East 15 by Friday or I lose my place.

I don't have to pay a deposit to LAMDA until 20th July, but it is £3,000 - so basically one third of the year's fees. I still haven't had that letter from RADA, but I always get post later than everyone else. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will call just to make certain.
I don't have to pay a deposit to LAMDA until 20th July, but it is £3,000 - so basically one third of the year's fees. I still haven't had that letter from RADA, but I always get post later than everyone else. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will call just to make certain.

You have to pay £3000 upfront to LAMDA? Is this not covered by tuition fee student loans? Yes, I would call RADA and find out if you are being given a reserve list offer.
Reply 355
You have to pay £3000 upfront to LAMDA? Is this not covered by tuition fee student loans? Yes, I would call RADA and find out if you are being given a reserve list offer.

I have just got the same letter as you today.

I have already done a degree, so I don't get a student loan unfortunately. It is counted as part of my tuition fees once I start though, I think.
Reply 356
I have just got the same letter as you today.

I have already done a degree, so I don't get a student loan unfortunately. It is counted as part of my tuition fees once I start though, I think.

Heya! I had to pay that deposit too! They use that for your second year instead of first which is weird so don't panic when you get told to pay your first term fees pretty much straight into the first term :smile: Nice to see people who've done a degree like me coming!
Reply 358
Hey guys, has anyone heard back from LAMDA regarding the One year MA or the two year courses after the recall audition?
Original post by RCO
There isn't a Drama 2013 thread, so I thought I'd use this one!

I'm going to be applying for the first time in 2013 for Unis, and I'm thinking about Brunel, Middlesex, Bristol and Birmingham (Theatre/Drama courses). Can anyone give an inside opinion on any of those?

hi,

I've started an 2013 one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest