The Student Room Group

Performing Arts/Drama/Acting/etc Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone going to the UCAS - Compose Your Future exhibition in Manchester on October 17th? It's going to be attended by loads of performing arts/creative arts institutions, so I'm going. Extending my choices slightly just in case, so I'm now considering -

Glyndwr - Theatre, Television and Performance
MMU - Acting
BSA - Acting or Community & Applied Theatre
LIPA - Acting or Community Drama
Swansea Met - Drama and Psychology
Coleg Y Drindod Dewi Sant Camarthen - Acting.

I looked at RWCMD, but they charge £45 to audition, plus the £15 to join UKCAS :frown:
Reply 21
whens everyone going to start applying?
Reply 22
Anyone know the best course of action to take if I wanted to do an Acting Degree which involved lots of singing, without actually doing Musical Theatre?
Reply 23
Original post by Cjhill1992

Anyone know the best course of action to take if I wanted to do an Acting Degree which involved lots of singing, without actually doing Musical Theatre?

i think an acting degree (depending on where you go) will include elements of voice anyway, however you can always try and look into a joint BA Hons if applicable anywhere :smile:

Hello! I remember last year you also applied for Drama Centre film directing? How far did you get? Also, are you reapplying?

I got as far as the last interview, but then got rejected. :frown: But am reapplying this year. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Hello! I remember last year you also applied for Drama Centre film directing? How far did you get? Also, are you reapplying?

I got as far as the last interview, but then got rejected. :frown: But am reapplying this year. :biggrin:

Hey, yeh I ended up getting an offer to do the Foundation Degree in Acting, however there was no possible way I could afford that path as it would of had to be privately financed!!! :frown:

Not sure if I am going to reapply yet, I am having trouble deciding on the route I want to go down
Hey, yeh I ended up getting an offer to do the Foundation Degree in Acting, however there was no possible way I could afford that path as it would of had to be privately financed!!! :frown:

Not sure if I am going to reapply yet, I am having trouble deciding on the route I want to go down

Oh thats so annoying! And have you seen the fees now for 2012?!? :eek: Crazy.

Good luck on whatever journey you take and hit me up if you are applying to Drama Centre, LAMDA or RADA. :smile:
Reply 27
I may apply for LAMDA, so will let you know!
Reply 28
I've slight changes. Applying only to ALRA, Central and LAMDA. Still a bit tempted about Guildhall, but will see how I manage financially.
Reply 29
Guys, I'm working on an idea, let me know what you think filling the survey - London

http://insidedramaschoolauditions.blogspot.com/2011/10/monologue-gym.html
Reply 30
i'm thinking of applying to:

- GSA
- uni of west london
- buckinghamshire new uni
- de montfort uni

all of which are either performing arts or musical theatre. this is my first time applying so i'm really nervous! any words of audition advice? :smile:
Reply 31
Check out my blog linked above your post, plenty of advice over there.
Reply 32
I'm applying for uni to do philosophy, but also applying to 1 drama school this year just for the experience, before hoping to do apply for a postgraduate course after I've graduated from uni. I was going to wait and just apply after I've finished uni but have been persuaded by teachers/directors etc to apply for the one this year to get more prepared. So I'm applying to Mountview for BA Acting :smile: I actually met one of the audition panel when I did a show where he was musical director last year and he took my name and said he "looks forward to seeing me". Fingers crossed he still remembers who I am :wink:
Reply 33
I am applying for:
Drama Centre - Directing
Uni of Birmingham - Drama and Theatre Arts
Rose Bruford- American Theatre Arts
Cambridge - Education with English and Drama
BSA- Community and Applied Theatre (Not UCAS)

and still need to apply to Acting courses outside of UCAS and also need to fill that last place with something.
Original post by holly6946
Heyy, I'm going to KCL to do Spanish and English this year but I'm also auditioning because I figure that I'll probably have finished my degree before I get accepted anywhere lol. Applying for (BA) Acting and Contemporary Theatreto East 15, LAMDA, Central St Martin's Drama Centre, RADA, Rose Bruford, LIPA etc etc. Hope to see you down the auditions people.. good luck (: xxx

will you drop out of kcl if you get accepted into drama school?
Original post by msw91
I am applying for:
Drama Centre - Directing

and still need to apply to Acting courses outside of UCAS and also need to fill that last place with something.

SNAP! Is it your first time applying? How old are you?

Ahh! Exciting to hear someone else is trying out too! :biggrin:
Are you guys using contrasting speeches this year???

I am thinking of doing 'I heard myself proclaimed' the Edgar speech this year and my contemp speech...but my contemp doesnt contrast with the classical one...Do you think it will lessen my chances at auditions and I dont want to come across as being one dimensional at the auditions..

Last year I did use contrasting speeches..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by msw91
I am applying for:
Drama Centre - Directing

Hey man I remeber you gave me some advice with the ata audition last year dont think you remeber lol :cool:. I am not applying there this year though..
Reply 38
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
SNAP! Is it your first time applying? How old are you?

Ahh! Exciting to hear someone else is trying out too! :biggrin:

Nope - its my second after 2 years out getting life experience. Ill be 21 when I go.
Reply 39
Original post by Thugnificent.
Hey man I remeber you gave me some advice with the ata audition last year dont think you remeber lol :cool:. I am not applying there this year though..

I think I remember!

Quick Reply

Latest