Original post by Drama-Nut
Yeah :smile:
300 points :biggrin:
You? :smile:

same :smile:
Reply 401
Original post by Showtunes
Hi, thanks for your post.
im waiting to hear from chichester, how long did you wait to hear from ucas? In your opinion what did you like about it?

Hey,

I waited about 4 weeks or so for a response.

I like the uni, but even after the open day I didn't find out a lot about the teaching. The uni says that it's becoming a conservatoire (like a drama school status) in years to come. I have asked other uni about chichester and they say it's good. I know the course there isn't just all practical and Ben (one of the teachers) did constantly talk about a "plan B" as an actor, which I had mixed views on. My parents liked it too and found the talk intersting. A lot of my performing arts friends are auditioning for the course too. Overall, I will see how the audition goes and if I like the process of that and will definitely consider it. There isn't any harm emailing or phoning to find out more? Or getting back to me after the 21st Feb when when my audition is and I can give details.

Break a leg x
Did anybody have a BSA audition on Saturday?

If so, did you have two women on your audition panel? I'm SURE I recognised one of them, she was blonde and quite well spoke, she was a really lovely lady but I can't htink of where I know her from, and it's driving me crazy!

I'm almost certain she's an actress but I can't remember abything I've seen her in or her name or anything... ): xx
Hi Emilie.

I would love to know auditition process for Rose Bruford and East 15. Regards Ian.
Reply 404
Hey guys,
I got most of my auditions sorted now, I know it's late, but I took a gap year and didn't quite know how to apply etc.
I spent two years of my life after school at dance college (not formal education) and didn't even know what UCAS and CUKAS was!! (Don't laugh :tongue:)
Anyway, I have four out of five auditions for BA (Hons) Acting confirmed and wanted to know if anyone has already been to these auditions, what they are like and what they expect. I have read all the guidelines, but it's always good to get an opinion from people that have already gone :smile:

LIPA - 3rd March
Royal Welsh - 8th March
Rose Bruford - 13th March
Central School - 19th April

The one on the top of my list is Royal Welsh, LOVE the place! I know it's notoriously difficult, but it's always worth a shot.
Saying that, I'm realistic in the fact that I may not necessarily get in to the colleges first time round just from word of mouth, but I'm keeping positive and wanting myself to get in!

Hope that all made sense, would love some feedback!

THANK YOU :biggrin:
Reply 405
I have a conditional from trinity Saint David university for acting :-) I loved the university. Has anybody else been offered/applied for a place there? :-)
When applying for Bristol Old Vic, how long have people had to wait to hear back from initial-first round auditions?
Only place I've not heard from for quite a while.

Cheeeeers x
Reply 407
Original post by Showtunes
Hi, thanks for your post.
im waiting to hear from chichester, how long did you wait to hear from ucas? In your opinion what did you like about it?

I haven't hear d back yet (however, it's only been a week). Each uni depends I guess. I looked online and ucas says the beginning of March or May time you will hear back.

I honestly liked a lot about the university. If I'm honest, I look at the teaching and timetable for the course rather than the facilities, campus etc. I did like the teachers - they looked harsh but nice (which is what you want), really wanting to get the best out of you. The audition set up was organised and time efficient. I spoke with a girl who was part of the first year of musical theatre course at the uni 3 years ago over fb and met a girl at my audition who was in her second year. From what I've gathered, they've tried to make the course more practical - to meet with establishments e.g. drama school training. I don't know if you would be interested in it but they have a stage management, lighting etc section to the course too, which is quite unique.

I know I said I wasn't bothered about the campus....but just to let you know I thought it was lovely, modern, open.

Let me know how you get on. X
Original post by Holly-Robyn
When applying for Bristol Old Vic, how long have people had to wait to hear back from initial-first round auditions?
Only place I've not heard from for quite a while.

Cheeeeers x

Not very long - within a week for me. But it probably means nothing. Give them a ring?
Original post by T-o dore
Not very long - within a week for me. But it probably means nothing. Give them a ring?

Did you get a recall? Or a rejection?
(: x
Original post by Holly-Robyn
Did you get a recall? Or a rejection?
(: x

Recall, and its tomorrow! Ahhhh.
Original post by T-o dore
Recall, and its tomorrow! Ahhhh.

Ooh good luck! Hope it goes well (:

I'm thinking they only contact people who have reached next round. Didn't do well in my audition so wasn't expecting it to come to much but I'd like to know! Haha. Hope tomorrow goes well for you (: xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Ooooh, I've just had an offer from Manchester Met School of Theatre, anybody else in there? (: xx
Hi.
Did you get into drama school?

I would like some information on the audition process for East 15 and Rose Bruford. I'm wanting to study BA, but with so many drama schools to decide on, it's just so hard. I want a down to earth place, friendly etc.

Regards Ian
Reply 414
Both Rose Bruford and East 15 have great audition processes, Rose Brufords first round is simply based on your speeches, no interview or anything and it also includes a tour. The recall is held in two stages on the same day an you get to dabble in everything, however it is more intense and you will potentially be interviewed if you make the final stage. They spend a lot of time redirecting to as well in the last part of the day which is nice. The tutors are very supportive and know their stuff!

East 15 is held on the same day and you have two panels, one for classical, one for contemporary, you are redirected in classical workshop and then touch on improvisation in the contemporary. If you are called for the later stage of the day (in which you could be recalled for any of their courses, I can only tell you from an acting POV) they will see your third speech and also do a LOT of improvisation. Again the tutors are lovely and very supportive.

Both schools have good processes and allow you go demonstrate your suitability to the full extent, Rose Brufords first round however is quite quick so it's important you stay relaxed and don't over think or try to speed through your speeches.

Hope this helps :smile: best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lankydog
hey peeps, im a musical theatre applicant and ive selected bath spa (weston campus) as my firm, and chichester as my insurance.

Hey! How is Bath Spa (its my hometown!)? I agree with a lot of what you've said, and think that going to Uni before drama school is a good option - its what I'm doing. But I have to point out a few things you seem to have gotten wrong, because they might mislead other people.

if you are like me, not a huge dancer and more of a singer/actor, then avoid places like bird, laine, arts ed, which from word of mouth are all big on dance experience

I don't think this is strictly true. I can't speak definitively, but I know people who have gotten places at the likes of Bird/Laine/ArtsEd etc without being amazing at dancing, acting, and singing. Being able to move and learn is important, but a background in dance isn't necessary.

if youre made of money, go for it, but if you are like me and are simply an average joe whos parents uphold normal jobs and who earn enough money to support the family home then consider your moves very carefully. even though drama schools offer scholarships, these are extremely limited, and if a scholarship is granted then you are not allowed a student loan. this means you have to fund your own accommodation and living costs, which in london will be very expensive.

No.

Private drama schools can be expensive, but they vary quite significantly, and most are exactly the same as going to any university. Also a lot of private drama schools run the 'DADA' scholarship scheme (which are not 'extremely limited' but are actually quite common and very generous), and basically all drama schools have a range of scholarships available.

Also, importantly, its not true to say that having a scholarship rules you out of having a loan. Funding situations vary significantly but many people I know at drama schools are on government loans and grants as well as private scholarships.

You are rules out of government loans if you have already used them for an undergrad degree.

having a final showcase infront of agents etc is a huge boost into the world of musical theatre, but for 12 thousand pounds a year i wouldnt expect anything less! there is such a thing as a postgraduate, which is half the expense because its only a 1 year course.

Most drama schools don't charge £12,000 a year. And most postgrad courses are not 'half the expense'. Please do your own research people!

Anyway, good luck with Bath!
ok, so I have applied for all acting courses at
Bournemouth
central Lancashire
Northampton
Wales Trinity saint david
and Colchester institute
has anybody had an interview or audition for any of these unis as im stressing about it a bit:frown: I've been invited to a Bournemouth audition and interview at Northampton
has anybody got any advice for what to say at Northampton and what exactly do they ask? and at Bournemouth was the audition hard and what sort of things do they ask there too?

I know its a lot of questions but I only decided I wanted to go to uni this year (obviously ive been studying performing arts for a while) and im very very nervous
also has anybody had a audition/interview for any of the above unis?
Hi, has anyone got a reserve offer for rwcmd BA acting? I'm wondering if there is any hope left for me as it is where I really want to go!

Quick Reply

Latest