Original post by Thugnificent.
This is how its going so far! ;
Guildhall- No recall
Drama Centre- Recall then a no.
Rada- Still waiting after recall audition last week
Lamda- 5th Feb
Rose Bruford-21st feb
Bristol Old Vic- waiting for an audition date

:biggrin: How's it going for everybody else?!

Wow seems like you've been doing something right with all your recalls.. at least your getting them that's a real confidence boost even is you don't get in this year.
im sure you will get into somewhere..and you still got 3 more to go. so good luck.
I've only applied to 3 places in total
Central= 11th April
Guildhall & East 15- Both of which i haven't got a date for yet
i was meant to have Rose Bruford on 25th jan.. but the date was wayy too soon. and i was severely under prepared. couldn't change it so i didn't go :frown:
Heard its real nice there though.
Good luck..lemme knw how it goesss
:smile:
Original post by GonnaMarryTheNight
Wow seems like you've been doing something right with all your recalls.. at least your getting them that's a real confidence boost even is you don't get in this year.
im sure you will get into somewhere..and you still got 3 more to go. so good luck.
I've only applied to 3 places in total
Central= 11th April
Guildhall & East 15- Both of which i haven't got a date for yet
i was meant to have Rose Bruford on 25th jan.. but the date was wayy too soon. and i was severely under prepared. couldn't change it so i didn't go :frown:
Heard its real nice there though.
Good luck..lemme knw how it goesss
:smile:

I try haha :smile:

Also a lil tip for guildhall...be prepared to just be 'YOU' in there as in your speeches,
They will see one full and a little bit of the other and will direct you, so when they direct you just be prepared to just drop everything you've done before

The lady on the panel said drop the character when I did one of my speeches lol..

I was like what?! :redface: (in my head haha)
Original post by Thugnificent.
I try haha :smile:

Also a lil tip for guildhall...be prepared to just be 'YOU' in there as in your speeches,
They will see one full and a little bit of the other and will direct you, so when they direct you just be prepared to just drop everything you've done before

The lady on the panel said drop the character when I did one of my speeches lol..

I was like what?! :redface: (in my head haha)

OMG LOOOL sounds harsh! i would have been baffled too.that would just put me off a bit. isn't that the whole point that you're meant to be in character, unless you're being over the top i guess.
I'm feeling scared. I'll end up laughing because im nervous lol
Reply 163
Ok, I got some audition dates (finally!!!):
RADA: 5 March
BSA: 28 March
LAMDA: 31 March
Central: 2 April
ALRA: 3 April
Mountview: 16 April

Will I be seeing any of you on any of these dates?

Still waiting for audition dates for ArtsEd, Guilhall and Italia Conti.
Reply 164
Hi everyone! Never posted on here before so hope it goes right...

I'm currently applying for Drama schools my second year round and it's going as follows:

Manchester Met - Recall
Manchester College (The Arden School of Theatre) - Unsuccessful
Rose Bruford - Unsuccessful
Birmingham School of Acting - Unsuccessful
Manchester Met Recall - 15th February
East 15 (Foundation degree) - 21st February
Mountview - 14th March
ALRA - April 3rd

I get paid tomorrow so am hopefully going to apply somewhere else! Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking either RADA or LAMDA as I know their applications are still open. Was hoping to apply for GSA but think their applications have closed now.

It's so reassuring to see other people in the same situation!
Reply 165
Shall I see any of you at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland on Tuesday or Royal Welsh on Wednesday? :biggrin:
Reply 166
One question: I found an AWESOME contemporary play with lots of great speeches in it - unfortunately it's unpublished. I would sooo love to do it, my question is:
how would they (the panel) find out that a play isn't published, they can't possibly know any play ever published now can they?
I'm going to be applying for BA Drama at UEA and a few other places :smile:
I'm also gonna be applying for BA Hons in Drama, Applied Theatre and Education at Central School of Speech & Drama in London - although I HIGHLY doubt I'll get in but it's worth a shot! :smile:
Original post by annnny

Wow thats a hell of a lot of drama schools :O
I only applied to 4. Feel like i fell short. LOL
argh i got mountview on the 17th :frown:
hey has anyone had a drama studies audition for either de montfort or newman unversity college or sheifield hallam? if so what was the audition day like??
30th March - Rose Bruford recall! Anyone else?
Reply 171
Original post by annnny

I'll be at ALRA on the 3rd :smile:
Hi Folks,
I'm new to the forum, I have a first audition at Rose Bruford Feb 29th and have a question.

I have done 4 panto tours, and wanted to use a scene as my contemporary piece.
I've been advised by a former student that they look down on panto, and this would be a bad choice.

However I am comfortable with the scene, which seems to be a key element they are after.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks,
G
Reply 173
Original post by LinfordB
Shall I see any of you at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland on Tuesday or Royal Welsh on Wednesday? :biggrin:

Im going to Royal WelshWednesday as well. What do you want to study?
Ive applied for Theatre Design, really really deadscared.
Ill be going up there Tuesday as Ive never been to Cardiff and I want to check out the town in case I get an offer and have to move there.

I wanted to apply for RCS as well, but didnt feel the course was right (there was no specific design course, which is what Im looking for) plus it was only a three year course instead of the normal Scottish four which only makes its a BA (without Hons).

Best of luck with your interviews!
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone at Mountview on the 17th April? Or Central on the 11th?
Reply 175
Original post by Philemon
Im going to Royal WelshWednesday as well. What do you want to study?
Ive applied for Theatre Design, really really deadscared.
Ill be going up there Tuesday as Ive never been to Cardiff and I want to check out the town in case I get an offer and have to move there.

I wanted to apply for RCS as well, but didnt feel the course was right (there was no specific design course, which is what Im looking for) plus it was only a three year course instead of the normal Scottish four which only makes its a BA (without Hons).

Best of luck with your interviews!

And you! I'm applying for Acting - looking forward to the auditions personally!

Give a wave if you spot me about. :biggrin:
Reply 176
Did Royal Welsh audition today - panel were so friendly and relaxed. Felt it went very well because of it. Only 6 of us at the audition which was really surprising considering it was a prelim audition! RADA and LAMDA next! Any advice for these?
Reply 177
Hi,

has anybody gone to RCS auditions for Contemporary Performance practice?
what was it like?
Reply 178
Original post by iamcait
Did Royal Welsh audition today - panel were so friendly and relaxed. Felt it went very well because of it. Only 6 of us at the audition which was really surprising considering it was a prelim audition! RADA and LAMDA next! Any advice for these?

Uh, can you tell more? Am glad the people there were nice, was afraid they were going to be a bit posh -as Im a bit scruffy! Glad they seem relaxed.
How was the school? It looks amazing in pictures! I cant wait to go for my interview.

Original post by LinfordB
And you! I'm applying for Acting - looking forward to the auditions personally!

Give a wave if you spot me about. :biggrin:

Yay -not a rival. Otherwise Id have sent you the evils if I spotted you. I wouldd be dead scared if I had to audition though -I cant act to save my life, my friend is an actress and she says Ive only got one facial expression.

I wont spot you, Ill be to nervous to look around -but if you spot me, Ill be the scruffy one fainting in the corner :biggrin:
Reply 179
It's fantastic there. Everything is really well presented, the studios are top class. Didn't see much of it as there was no tour. The people there are really down to earth so you shouldn't have a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest