Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

how is lincoln uni?

is lincoln a good, top university?
and could you compare the city to leeds, manchester etc

Scroll to see replies

It's a pretty good uni yes, it's hard to say,it depends what you want to do, as not all universities are perfect at everything,not even Cambridge. It's not as prestigious as some though, because of it's age. But it's courses are very competitive with some at top unis. It rises up the league tables faster than any other uni, which is very good, and in some courses, comes top in the counrty, in the official league tables(which you have to take with a pinch of salt) and the student survey.

As for the city itself, I think it's quite like Norwich. It's a similar size, but it's prettier than alot of other cities, as it's not very 'urban' looking.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lozzyhickers
It's a pretty good uni yes, it's hard to say,it depends what you want to do, as not all universities are perfect at everything,not even Cambridge. It's not as prestigious as some though, because of it's age. But it's courses are very competitive with some at top unis. It rises up the league tables faster than any other uni, which is very good, and in some courses, comes top in the counrty, in the official league tables(which you have to take with a pinch of salt) and the student survey.

As for the city itself, I think it's quite like Norwich. It's a similar size, but it's prettier than alot of other cities, as it's not very 'urban' looking.

I want to study Social Work :smile: what is Norwich like? I've never been :/ ahaa
Reply 3
lincoln is a great uni, its only about 15-20 years old and so it is not regarded as highly yeat as an overall niversity, however it is highly regarded in some of the areas in which they teach, for example disign and media courses are very good and they are highly regarded in the industry
Original post by Maxine Kays
I want to study Social Work :smile: what is Norwich like? I've never been :/ ahaa

Awesome, Social work at Lincoln is good, the Psych and Social work school does very well in the student survey, it came first a couple of year ago!

Lincoln has about 250,000 people, shopping centres, cathedral, castle,two universites,museums etc. so that might give you an idea as to the size. Here are some pics if you want to see what it looks like- http://www.bbc.co.uk/lincolnshire/content/image_galleries/lincoln_tour_gallery.shtml
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Awesome, Social work at Lincoln is good, the Psych and Social work school does very well in the student survey, it came first a couple of year ago!

Lincoln has about 250,000 people, shopping centres, cathedral, castle,two universites,museums etc. so that might give you an idea as to the size. Here are some pics if you want to see what it looks like- http://www.bbc.co.uk/lincolnshire/content/image_galleries/lincoln_tour_gallery.shtml

looks like a boring place :frown:
looks like a boring place :frown:

What do you mean? It's old an quaint, but it's got clubs, bars, shopping, gig venues etc

And in terms of population, it's about the same as Newcastle.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
What do you mean? It's old an quaint, but it's got clubs, bars, shopping, gig venues etc

And in terms of population, it's about the same as Newcastle.

It looks different to places like leeds, manchester, liverpool etc
It looks different to places like leeds, manchester, liverpool etc

Yeah but they're very urban. Lincoln has the old combined with the new
Reply 9
Yeah but they're very urban. Lincoln has the old combined with the new

ahh, I prefer cities which are urban
Reply 10
infested with the living dead tbh - well known for it
Reply 11
Original post by Paul285v
I live in Liverpool and I'm going to Lincoln. It is different, the night life is a lot smaller in Lincoln from what I saw and the shopping centre is smaller but everything is there what you need. It looks good from what I seen and I'm looking forward to going ! :smile:

good:smile: what you studying? and can you help me please... which is a better university between liverpool hope and liverpool john moores? i cant decide :/ haha
Reply 12
International business, what are you doing ? Overall John moores is better than liverpool hope and in the league tables John moores is better :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Paul285v
International business, what are you doing ? Overall John moores is better than liverpool hope and in the league tables John moores is better :smile:

good and Social Work:smile: haha thanks, everyone has been saying john moores
Reply 14
No problem ! and yeah a few of my mates go to John moores and they really like it. Its a lot better than hope :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Joinedup
infested with the living dead tbh - well known for it

if you check the other video's we also have dinosaur problems and have to do our lectures while on fire but you get used to it .....

Though on a serious note it varies depending on what course you do. But everything else is awesome. Yes it's smaller than bigger city uni's but that also means everything is within walking distance I have only ever once had to take a taxi on a night out and that was because I was up to my knee's in snow. The night life is pretty good as well. Once again as it's small pub crawls are easy to do and everything is close together so no need for long walks between places
Reply 16
Seriously the city and the uni are amazing
Its one of those places where you really can't get a great feel for it simply from looking at photos of it
I have just came back and i missed out on the main open day but i had a tour and the campus is great all very modern and beautifully situated the town center is great the shops are fine everything that i would ever want
Plenty of pubs and bars as well as some nice looking clubs
Friendly locals and relativley easy to navigate around the area
Reply 17
Also the Uni has risen another 15 places in the league table to 57, as each year goes by (considering Lincoln is a new university) it is making massive strides, I would predict with further expansion in 10 years it could be a top 20 university.
I've visited it; it's a nice place, I almost applied.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey, as someone's already said, Lincoln's risen up the tables this year by 15 places so it's obviously doing something good :smile:, I've nearly finished my first year of Biomedical Science which is a great course, it's also accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science which is another sign that the course is pretty good. In terms of size compared to Norwich, I personally find it a lot smaller (I'm from Norwich so know a lot more of it), but it has everything that you need I guess. The cathedral and steep hill is so lovely!

Quick Reply

Latest