The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grant Only...??

Hey guys,

Im hoping to go to university in september and have applied for student finance.

I put down that I want the tuition loan and nothing else but now I don't need the tuition. (I know its a bit daft, but bear with me! :P)

I wanted to know how i can change it on my application??

It won't let me go back and change the amount i want..

also, about the maintenance grant, theres no mention about it on the application page...?

and is it possible to receive a maintenance grant without taking any loans out??

if so..how?

Sorry it i confused you, im just as confused!!

:biggrin::tongue:
Reply 1
Original post by Zakir
Hey guys,

Im hoping to go to university in september and have applied for student finance.

I put down that I want the tuition loan and nothing else but now I don't need the tuition. (I know its a bit daft, but bear with me! :P)

I wanted to know how i can change it on my application??
It won't let me go back and change the amount i want..
I thought you could do that on the application, but now I'm not entirely sure on this, so its best to give them a call.

also, about the maintenance grant, theres no mention about it on the application page...?
If you chose to submit a paper application, you need to send back the PFF2 fee assesment form that they sent to you. After which it would take a week+ for them to update your payment breakdown with how much of the Grant you are entitled to.

and is it possible to receive a maintenance grant without taking any loans out??
if so..how?
Yes, when it asks how much of the Tuition Fee & Maintenance Loan you want to take out, put £'0' in those boxes, but state that you want the maximum Maintenance Grant.

Sorry it i confused you, im just as confused!!

:biggrin::tongue:
You will not be considered for a grant unless your parents support you and get income assessed or you are over 25..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending