Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Religious, Agnostic or Atheist?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Religious, Agnostic or Atheist?
    Religious
    24.48%
    Agnostic
    21.65%
    Atheist
    53.87%

• 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    What if you're a religious agnostic atheist? That's not actually a contradiction, as some religions don't involve a god.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Watch.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Atheist. It annoys me how people will get so superior about being agnostic. I look at what evidence exists and make a decision based on that. I have yet to see any solid evidence for a god but plenty to support science which is contradictory to most religions. For this reason I believe that there is no god. There is no evidence to support the existence of a god and it seems like a ridiculous concept, so although it is possible, I am an atheist because I believe that there is no god.

(Original post by Psyk)
    What if you're a religious agnostic atheist? That's not actually a contradiction, as some religions don't involve a god.
    Buddhism is the best known of those to anyone who's read this and is wondering for an example.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    If there is an opposite of atheism it is theism, not religiosity

people cannot seem to comprehend this
    I normally use this framework, but since the OP wrote 'Religious, Agnostic or Atheist?' I decided to follow that framework instead.

(Please be a little less quick to jump to such feelings of superiority).
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    A little religious, a little agnostic, a lot unsure
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Religious. And I'm not going to leave. Ever.
    Unintelligent/ignorant/both.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh231990)
    Unintelligent/ignorant/both.
    No. Reported.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. Reported.
    Yes - reported for what exactly? Telling the truth, like a good atheist. I thought so. Go read a book written by incoherent, illogical, irrational sand-dwellers, and realise it's a STORY with NO REALISTIC relevance. Believing in any god/supernatural being is the adult equivalent of the toothfairy.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes - reported for what exactly? Telling the truth, like a good atheist. I thought so. Go read a book written by incoherent, illogical, irrational sand-dwellers, and realise it's a STORY with NO REALISTIC relevance. Believing in any god/supernatural being is the adult equivalent of the toothfairy.
    god, you're an idiot.

You remind me very much of extremist theists. :facepalm2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    god, you're an idiot.

You remind me very much of extremist theists. :facepalm2:
    THAT was an idiotic comment. You remind me of someone that doesn't actually think about the world rationally.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    THAT was an idiotic comment. You remind me of someone that doesn't actually think about the world rationally.
    You know nothing about me, so gtfo and learn to stop prejudicing.

FYI, I believe in the big bang and evolution.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    He probably reported you because you were kind of being a d**k. Believe it or not, many intelligent, educated people are theists. Also, you have no idea what his religion is in the first place.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ÜberHeathen)
    He probably reported you because you were kind of being a d**k. Believe it or not, many intelligent, educated people are theists. Also, you have no idea what his religion is in the first place.
    I have no idea what religion is? Right. Next joke please? If a religious person truly knew what religion was, they wouldn't be religious.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know nothing about me, so gtfo and learn to stop prejudicing.

FYI, I believe in the big bang and evolution.
    First of all, claiming to "believe" in the big bang and evolution is itself a STUPID comment - they are far far from belief systems and faith. Nothing any supernaturalist/religious person claims means a thing anymore, apart from mildly entertaining bedtime stories.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what religion is? Right. Next joke please? If a religious person truly knew what religion was, they wouldn't be religious.
    Read it again smart***, I said you don't know what his religion is.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    First of all, claiming to "believe" in the big bang and evolution is itself a STUPID comment - they are far far from belief systems and faith. Nothing any supernaturalist/religious person claims means a thing anymore, apart from mildly entertaining bedtime stories.
    Goodness gracious me, some people really believe they know everything. Just GTFO and have a ****.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am God.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ÜberHeathen)
    Read it again smart***, I said you don't know what his religion is.
    Good point, my mistake. It doesn't matter what religion he believes in; the fact he believes in any in the first place is ridiculous and it IS illogical, unintelligent and ignorant of reality.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Goodness gracious me, some people really believe they know everything. Just GTFO and have a ****.
    Again; not a 'belief'. I do know, for absolute certain, that religion and the supernatural are manifestations of primitive psychological needs. Here's a good analogy to think about; a child can believe in Santa Claus completely, and even be excited at the fact, but that doesn't make it true. The supernatural and ANY god hypothesis/religion are manifestations people conjure because they can't leave their childhood psychological needs - i.e. immature, ignorant, pathetic.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Atheist.

I have the same amount of belief in God as I do in Unicorns, Faries and um....things generally accepted with lack of belief.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 14, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.