The Student Room Group

DSA and Postgrad and old DSA equipment

Hi Guys,

I am just fininshing my Undergrad and am going onto the a postgrad with Exeter. The course is all over europe, only initially spending a month in the UK (cornwall campus) then 6 months across three countries studying.

I will be reapplying for DSA, I dont know what they can give apart form book allowance (I am dyslexic) and some printing money. What I am unsure about is a) reassessment from Ed. Psyc. (Mine is 2.5 years old) and with the timescale that it takes for DSA applications whether or not i will be in the country by the time I get a needs assesment booked in!

My laptop is 2.5 years old and only came with a 3 yr insurance/warranty. It still works and is relatively stable for its age (I format it regularly to get rid of any nasties and keep software on it to a minimum) BUT it is falling apart, and has been for some time. It is has 3 screens, a mousepad, new casing, new hard drive and a new motherboard in its time. I know th assessment cirteria is 3 years old and they will consider buy you one.

With cover running out mid-year with 9 months to go until i graduate would they normally replace it or is there a chance they can stick another years insurance on it? I don't want to risk being without a working computer whilst in the arse-end of Poland or Germany! I am not fishing for a new one per se, but I don't want to risk having a large bill for repair if they would offer to replace it with one in warranty.

Does anyone know how early you can apply for DSA?
Reply 1
I am all new to the DSA stuff myself, but I think your best bet is to email them to ask.

[email protected]

They do reply fairly quickly and I have now managed to get hold of 2 named people whom I have direct access to with my million silly questions.
Bigfoot, if you do find out, it would be really helpful if you could let us know, as I'm in a similar situation.

Quick Reply

Latest