The Student Room Group

Challenge: Lose 1 stone/ 14 lbs/ 6.35 kg in 28 days

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ChaoticMaster
I assume you mean me. If you agree that her plan is a good one then you clearly don't know more than me. Your just another idiot who thinks they know what there talking about.

I dont think her plan is great, but eating 900 calories a day if she can do it for a month will make her lose alot of weight. Shes doesn't care about losing muscle, she just wants to lose 1 stone and quickly. The quickest way to do that would be to effectively have low calories, and exercise. Which in effect is what she is doing.

NOW MOVING ON TO YOU:
Wasn't you the idiot who created a thread asking if he should do squats on a bruised ankle, like seriously how flippin stupid is that :confused:

And this is your current workout plan (from a thread u created):

Day 1 (Monday)

Squats 5x5.
Standing Military Press 5x5
Dumbbell overhead press 5x5
Seated Calf Raise 5x5

Day 2 (Tuesday)

Deadlift 5x5
Barbell rows 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Behind the neck press 5x5
Bench dips or dips 3x8

Day 3 (Thursday)
Squats 5x5.
Power Clean 5x5 or 3x5
Seated Calf Raise 5x5

Day 4 (Saturday)
Deadlift 5x5
Barbell rows 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Power Snatch 5x5
Bench dips or dips 3x8

SO let me get this straight on monday you wanna do standing military press and dumbell overhead press (works the s**T out of your shoulders if done correctly)
and the very next day you wanna do bench press (erm doesn't that use your front deltoid????) if shoulders are trained adequately it would be really stupid to try bench press the next day...
BUT THE WORSE PART IS, YOU WANNA DO BEHIND THE NECK PRESS AGAIN on tuesday.....so thats shoulders AGAIN the next day!!!!!

are you stupid...like seriously :confused: :confused: :confused:

and theres soooo much more wrong with that routine...i aint gonna even go into it, because i really dont wanna waste my time helping an arrogant wan*er like you.

and based on that routine i know someone like you probably has a *******s physique anyway, so stop trying to spread your misery to other people.
Original post by wikey
I dont think her plan is great, but eating 900 calories a day if she can do it for a month will make her lose alot of weight. Shes doesn't care about losing muscle, she just wants to lose 1 stone and quickly. The quickest way to do that would be to effectively have low calories, and exercise. Which in effect is what she is doing.

NOW MOVING ON TO YOU:
Wasn't you the idiot who created a thread asking if he should do squats on a bruised ankle, like seriously how flippin stupid is that :confused:

And this is your current workout plan (from a thread u created):

Day 1 (Monday)

Squats 5x5.
Standing Military Press 5x5
Seated Calf Raise 5x5

Day 2 (Tuesday)

Deadlift 5x5
Barbell rows 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Behind the neck press 5x5
Bench dips or dips 3x8

Day 3 (Thursday)
Squats 5x5.
Power Clean 5x5 or 3x5
Seated Calf Raise 5x5

Day 4 (Saturday)
Deadlift 5x5
Barbell rows 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Power Snatch 5x5
Bench dips or dips 3x8

SO let me get this straight on monday you wanna do standing military press and dumbell overhead press (works the s**T out of your shoulders if done correctly)
and the very next day you wanna do bench press (erm doesn't that use your front deltoid????) if shoulders are trained adequately it would be really stupid to try bench press the next day...
BUT THE WORSE PART IS, YOU WANNA DO BEHIND THE NECK PRESS AGAIN on tuesday.....so thats shoulders AGAIN the next day!!!!!

are you stupid...like seriously :confused: :confused: :confused:

and theres soooo much more wrong with that routine...i aint gonna even go into it, because i really dont wanna waste my time helping an arrogant wan*er like you.

and based on that routine i know someone like you probably has a *******s physique anyway, so stop trying to spread your misery to other people.

please go and check the dates on those threads. Then come back to me.
Reply 82
I'm in. Weight - 9st 7 Height - 5 ft 5

Plan is to eat very little and excercise as much as I can.
Reply 83
please go and check the dates on those threads. Then come back to me.

so are you admitting you had no common sense a year ago?
Original post by wikey
so are you admitting you had no common sense a year ago?

I admit that a year and a half ago I had limited knowledge of weightlifting so I asked for advice, which I followed. I don't understand people who when provided with good information ignore it in favout of thier own misconceptions. The OP is doing that. You say her plan will make her lose weight, which is true, but it won't improve her firgure which is her objective. It is also a short term weight loss as she'll pile it back on again once the diet is over and she returns to her normal eating habits. Why are you encouraging her when it won't help her reach her overall goal and it won't be a long term solution?
Reply 85
I admit that a year and a half ago I had limited knowledge of weightlifting so I asked for advice, which I followed. I don't understand people who when provided with good information ignore it in favout of thier own misconceptions. The OP is doing that. You say her plan will make her lose weight, which is true, but it won't improve her firgure which is her objective. It is also a short term weight loss as she'll pile it back on again once the diet is over and she returns to her normal eating habits. Why are you encouraging her when it won't help her reach her overall goal and it won't be a long term solution?

If she gradually starts eating normally again, by slowly increasing her calories, but continues training hard, she could easily keep most of the weight off.

And some people need to try routines out, and they learn alot about their own bodies this way. You cant just read up knowledge, you need to apply it to yourself and see if it works, i hate people who just spend all day reading stuff, when they could only be skimming over information and actually be trying stuff in the gym seeing if it works for them.
Original post by wikey
If she gradually starts eating normally again, by slowly increasing her calories, but continues training hard, she could easily keep most of the weight off.

And some people need to try routines out, and they learn alot about their own bodies this way. You cant just read up knowledge, you need to apply it to yourself and see if it works, i hate people who just spend all day reading stuff, when they could only be skimming over information and actually be trying stuff in the gym seeing if it works for them.

True, but she would still achieve better results but increasing her time frame and eating an extra 300 calories every day. That way she would decrease her bf% as opposed to just shedding the lbs.

I never advocated just reading stuff. Its possible to do both.
Reply 87
True, but she would still achieve better results but increasing her time frame and eating an extra 300 calories every day. That way she would decrease her bf% as opposed to just shedding the lbs.

I never advocated just reading stuff. Its possible to do both.

And if you look back you will see my first post on this thread suggested she eats more calories.... oh wat the heck .....

she could do our way or her way, either way it is possible to achieve the same result her way, just a hell of alot harder, but the pro being her way is quicker then ours.

and the way you spoke to her in your post calling her an idiot aint nice mate, i wouldn't really listen to someone who called me an idiot :rolleyes:
Original post by wikey
And if you look back you will see my first post on this thread suggested she eats more calories.... oh wat the heck .....

she could do our way or her way, either way it is possible to achieve the same result her way, just a hell of alot harder, but the pro being her way is quicker then ours.

and the way you spoke to her in your post calling her an idiot aint nice mate, i wouldn't really listen to someone who called me an idiot :rolleyes:

I didn't call her an idiot til she ignored my advice and said she was going to have a fast day. 900 calories a day isn't ideal but having fast days is just idiotic.
Reply 89
I didn't call her an idiot til she ignored my advice and said she was going to have a fast day. 900 calories a day isn't ideal but having fast days is just idiotic.

if you have say one fast day every say 8-10 days then maybe it would work, without slowing down your metabolism too much.
But then again thats for my body....dont know if it would work for hers....so shes gotta see how she feels after the days up, and re-evaluate what to do. she says her bodies already in good shape, an all she needs to do is lose a stone for it to be really good. so we cant really judge anything till we see what shape her bodies in? maybe it doesn't matter if she looses abit of muscle, we dont know, we can only speculate?
Original post by wikey
if you have say one fast day every say 8-10 days then maybe it would work, without slowing down your metabolism too much.
But then again thats for my body....dont know if it would work for hers....so shes gotta see how she feels after the days up, and re-evaluate what to do. she says her bodies already in good shape, an all she needs to do is lose a stone for it to be really good. so we cant really judge anything till we see what shape her bodies in? maybe it doesn't matter if she looses abit of muscle, we dont know, we can only speculate?

It was her second day of the diet, and she started with a cheat day. Someone who starts that badly doesn't fill me with confidence for their long term success.

True, I haven't consiered that she may be able to afford to lose some muscle but her posts so far give me the impression she is clueless and has never trained before so won't be in that position.
Reply 91
It was her second day of the diet, and she started with a cheat day. Someone who starts that badly doesn't fill me with confidence for their long term success.

True, I haven't consiered that she may be able to afford to lose some muscle but her posts so far give me the impression she is clueless and has never trained before so won't be in that position.

thats true, way toooo soon for a cheat day :rolleyes: lol
well only time can tell, how well she does.

Even if you dont think she will do well, its always better to wish someone luck, as it boosts moral, and keeps them positive.

People used to always take the mick out of me after my first 2 years of training because i wasn't growing, but it just made me even more motivated to grow, and i started training harder and harder in gym. Well i guess im glad people used to take the mick outta me having small arms, so when i was 20 and had 18" cut arms everyone eat there words..lol
Original post by wikey
thats true, way toooo soon for a cheat day :rolleyes: lol
well only time can tell, how well she does.

Even if you dont think she will do well, its always better to wish someone luck, as it boosts moral, and keeps them positive.

People used to always take the mick out of me after my first 2 years of training because i wasn't growing, but it just made me even more motivated to grow, and i started training harder and harder in gym. Well i guess im glad people used to take the mick outta me having small arms, so when i was 20 and had 18" cut arms everyone eat there words..lol

Fair enough, I should be nicer to people but I dislike wilful ignorance and end up insulting people.

Haha, that is one way to shut people up.
Reply 93
Original post by Jimbo1234
Not always. I know of someone who lost 6 stone in 3 months.

Good luck and it is doable if you do completely change your diet (and have a good one of course) and go crazy with the exercise.

Original post by -Psyduck-
Found a really great workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl-qdGuREZo

I want to be able to do the whole thing in about a month.

Forgot to add: I'm 5'9 and 9st 11

You may not need to go so extreme on the diet in that case!
Reply 94

I'm sorry if you felt I was disregarding your advice, but simply put- I usually stop reading a post as soon I feel that it's insulting. You called it "a large pile of fail" from the very beginning, so ofcourse I wasn't going to take your advice!

You don't realise, that I was training previously, however wasn't dedicated.

I've taken part in a two week bootcamp and lost 13.5 inches, but ofcourse, put it back on fairly quickly once I started eating normally once again as it was water weight.

So ofcourse, I've taken that into account, and if you read my first post, you'll see that, once the month is up, I plan on reintroducing carbs in the morning, and scrapping the cheat day: having a cheat meal once a week instead.

And I haven't made up the Cheat Day/ Fast Day system, I've adapted it from a programme I've used previously. The whole point of a Cheat Day is to boost leptin levels so that my metabolism is rearing to go and won't be completely screwed by six days of dieting so intensely (leptin levels fall after about a week). The Fast Day utilises high leptin levels, and I usually aim for as much physical activity as I can on those days with minimal calories.

This is not a long term solution, in fact, as the thread title says, it's a challenge. It wouldn't be good for my body to keep at this for longer than a month, and I doubt I'd be able to stick at it anyway!
Reply 95
Original post by wikey

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 96
No workout today as I'm working, but to the others following this, you might want to do some HIIT!
Original post by malaikah
I'm sorry if you felt I was disregarding your advice, but simply put- I usually stop reading a post as soon I feel that it's insulting. You called it "a large pile of fail" from the very beginning, so ofcourse I wasn't going to take your advice!

You don't realise, that I was training previously, however wasn't dedicated.

I've taken part in a two week bootcamp and lost 13.5 inches, but ofcourse, put it back on fairly quickly once I started eating normally once again as it was water weight.

So ofcourse, I've taken that into account, and if you read my first post, you'll see that, once the month is up, I plan on reintroducing carbs in the morning, and scrapping the cheat day: having a cheat meal once a week instead.

And I haven't made up the Cheat Day/ Fast Day system, I've adapted it from a programme I've used previously. The whole point of a Cheat Day is to boost leptin levels so that my metabolism is rearing to go and won't be completely screwed by six days of dieting so intensely (leptin levels fall after about a week). The Fast Day utilises high leptin levels, and I usually aim for as much physical activity as I can on those days with minimal calories.

This is not a long term solution, in fact, as the thread title says, it's a challenge. It wouldn't be good for my body to keep at this for longer than a month, and I doubt I'd be able to stick at it anyway!

Calling your plan a large pile o fail isn't an insult, its a description of your plan. It said nothing about you, just the method you have adopted. I then gave information on how to improve it. If i had intended to insult you I wouldn't have offered advice and I would have aimed the insult at you not your plan.

I understad the cheat day, am against the fast, but a cheat day should be used during the diet not at the start of it. You haven't been dieting so why do you need to boost your leptin levels? Diet for 6 days then have a cheat day, not cheat day then diet for 6 days.
Reply 98
Original post by malaikah
I'll be aiming for around 900 calories, apart from the weekly Cheat Day, where you don't count calories at all. Eat what you want, when you want (trust me: it works).

Warning: protein such as fish and egg whites begin to taste like crap when you eat them almost everyday

You're more than welcome to moan about how vile it tastes! :wink:

you're going to burn a high ratio of muscle to fat
you're not going to have a lean physique
you're going to look saggy & sloppy and just a smaller version of yourself atm

good luck with skinny fat goals over the next month or so
Reply 99
Workout for tomorrow: Lower body workout as posted previously :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest