The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA French Reading/Listening revision tips?

I've got my GCSE French listening tomorrow, and my reading on Thursday and I was just wondering does anyone have any last minute revision tips?

Yesterday I did a past paper and watched a film in French and then through past weeks, I've been doing extra French at school which mainly consists of past papers.

Apparently, with my coursework, I only need a C on both papers to get an A overall, and a high B for an A* - but obviously, this is not set in stone so could change either way and I don't want to relax and end up not getting the grade I was hoping for.

I was just wondering, does anyone have any other advice on the best way to revise for French, especially for listening?

Thank you! :smile:

And good luck to any one else sitting the exams this week! :colondollar:
Reply 1
I have the Listening tomorrow too, my revision is watching Amelie with French subtitles :smile:
But in all honesty go over simple things like the alphabet and numbers, they say them so quickly I always get confused.
With the reading I just read a book in French which is really interesting and improves your vocab, Good luck! I have got my AQA French Listening and Reading this week too!
Reply 2
Original post by Blob2491
I have the Listening tomorrow too, my revision is watching Amelie with French subtitles :smile:
But in all honesty go over simple things like the alphabet and numbers, they say them so quickly I always get confused.
With the reading I just read a book in French which is really interesting and improves your vocab, Good luck! I have got my AQA French Listening and Reading this week too!

Aw, I watched Amelie! My french teacher let me borrow it and I absolutely love it! :biggrin: Yeah I will do, I'm going to look over common synonyms too, cause no doubt I'll forget in the exam!
Good luck on yours, although I'm sure you won't need it!
Reply 3
Original post by Omlaaay
Aw, I watched Amelie! My french teacher let me borrow it and I absolutely love it! :biggrin: Yeah I will do, I'm going to look over common synonyms too, cause no doubt I'll forget in the exam!
Good luck on yours, although I'm sure you won't need it!

Thanks you too!
Has your teacher updated you on the new vocab list that is very likely to turn up in the exam?
Reply 4
Thanks you too!
Has your teacher updated you on the new vocab list that is very likely to turn up in the exam?

We've been given a Vocab book with things such as, Home & Local Area, The Environment, Education and Jobs, Health, Relationships, Holidays, Free Time - is that the right sort of stuff?
Reply 5
Original post by Omlaaay
We've been given a Vocab book with things such as, Home & Local Area, The Environment, Education and Jobs, Health, Relationships, Holidays, Free Time - is that the right sort of stuff?

Yeah the vocab book has been updated with about a page of words, you might have them already but I'll send them to you if you want. How much of the vocab do you know, I'm hoping to just wing it tbh.
Reply 6
Yeah the vocab book has been updated with about a page of words, you might have them already but I'll send them to you if you want. How much of the vocab do you know, I'm hoping to just wing it tbh.

Awh, yeah, that would be awesome if you could send them me please!
Umm, well we used to go quick tests in class, where we would learn like 60 words over a few days, and then she'd do a test out of like 25. I used to get full marks, and then I started getting 3...cause I really couldn't be bothered. Procrastination is the devil! So yeah same here. I'm hoping the stuff I haven't learnt doesn't come up.
Reply 7
Original post by Omlaaay
Awh, yeah, that would be awesome if you could send them me please!
Umm, well we used to go quick tests in class, where we would learn like 60 words over a few days, and then she'd do a test out of like 25. I used to get full marks, and then I started getting 3...cause I really couldn't be bothered. Procrastination is the devil! So yeah same here. I'm hoping the stuff I haven't learnt doesn't come up.

I PMed you :smile:
Its short list and most of them are pretty easy, but I just realised it doesn't have definitions, I'll get those for you in a minute
Reply 8
I PMed you :smile:
Its short list and most of them are pretty easy, but I just realised it doesn't have definitions, I'll get those for you in a minute

Could you possibly send me those too! I'd be grateful, I have my exam tomorrow!! Arhhhhh
Reply 9
i dont want to sound too over confident but the French course is a new spec isn't it? and from what ive seen, we've done sample assessment materials in class its quite easy, and i wouldn't even rate my self that highly when it comes to French.

Check it out
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE%20New%20GCSE/Edexcel%20GCSE%202009%20French%20-%20SAM.pdf
Please send me the lust too mocks are about to begin and I have no idea how to revise!!!!!
I meant list:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending