Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER Thread!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: Should the FSM be allowed a society?
    Yes
    88.48%
    No
    11.52%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakmouth)
    No, because intelligent design is not a biblical argument, it's a philosophical one. I'd like to see Genesis taught as fact.
    I'd like to see the creation of the world by His Noodliness as a fact. So should creation of the world according to Ancient Chinese Tales and creation of the world according to the Quran.

According to Chinese Myth, there was chaos in the beginning, Heaven and Earth were intertwined. Then a giant whose name is Pan Gu was born. He slept for 18 000 years and then woke up. By his own power, he pushed apart the Heaven and the Earth. This took another 18 000 years. By now he was old and tired, so he went in eternal rest. His right eye became the star and his left eye became the moon and the stars. His breath became the wind, his blood became the rivers and the seas and his bones became the rugged mountains.

------------
    It's true no kidding. How do you then explain the formation of water of water on Earth, you don't think it suddenly was there don't you? =o
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    After reading the 8 tennants of His Noodly Goodness, I have been touched.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    After reading the 8 tennants of His Noodly Goodness, I have been touched.
    Don't you just wish all religions had acceptance of other people's beliefs as one of their divine commandments. The world would be a much happier place... *stares longingly off into the distance*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Don't you just wish all religions had acceptance of other people's beliefs as one of their divine commandments. The world would be a much happier place... *stares longingly off into the distance*
    Never going to happen. Even if a world religion took over today, it would very quickly fracture into hundreds of competing dogma's.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does FSM have a devil? I imagine he carries a fork in this religion too...
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Never going to happen. Even if a world religion took over today, it would very quickly fracture into hundreds of competing dogma's.
    Oh well *eats huge quantities of pasta for comfort*
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmodic)
    :jester: shows how dull my life is if thats the funniest joke I've heard all day
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    r'amen to that!

The fact that this thread is clearly active and has many people professing adherence shows the genuine need for a society.
    I think that If we all pm this mod http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=4488 who I have been arguing with in favour of the soc, he could give us the thumbs up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If he'd keep true to Italian traditions, he'd carry a spoon I think.. But you can't eat the meatballs with a spoon so you'd need a fork anyways.

And it's not like I eat pasta with a spoon either =o
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Briefsuitcase)
    If he'd keep true to Italian traditions, he'd carry a spoon I think.. But you can't eat the meatballs with a spoon so you'd need a fork anyways.

And it's not like I eat pasta with a spoon either =o
    This has dangerous omens of a forthcoming schism!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joker370)
    It's not a parody religion...
    It's the one true religion. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc are parody religions.

I am a pastafarian. Ahoy!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    I think that If we all pm this mod http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=4488 who I have been arguing with in favour of the soc, he could give us the thumbs up
    Is anyone with me on this? I think its terrible that they havent given us a soc already :rolleyes:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found a picture of the pastafarian devil!

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    About time someone made a thread about this :thumbsup:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Is anyone with me on this? I think its terrible that they havent given us a soc already :rolleyes:
    I'm with you, but it might be more effective to not spam his inbox or wall or whatever and only write him one message like:

=======

We of the yet-to-be-formed Flying Spaghetti Monster Society, kindly request a sheltered environment where we can worship His Flying Noodliness in safety a.k.a. a society. According Article 9, Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion, every individual has the right to manifest his religion by practice, teaching, worship and observance.

Signed:

-Diety
    -Briefsuitcase

======
    something like that but a bit more eloquentsy (who's doing English lit/social science or is good at debating!?)

Additionally, we need more supporters. Quote and sign to support. Something like that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    I found a picture of the pastafarian devil!

I like it! Also suitably ecumenical on the fork/spoon doctrine. I've pm'd that moderator of all things moderate.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    You sure that it wont irritate them? We want to encourage them but not enfuriate them. I recommend we give it a week before we fully push for a society. If we can keep this thread active and show that people are interested in FSM for at least a week, we can show that we are deserving of being a society. They like to have some confirmation that we are serious, have members whom want to join and that we are active.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Briefsuitcase)
    I'm with you, but it might be more effective to not spam his inbox or wall or whatever and only write him one message like:

=======

We of the yet-to-be-formed Flying Spaghetti Monster Society, kindly request a sheltered environment where we can worship His Flying Noodliness in safety a.k.a. a society. According Article 9, Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion, every individual has the right to manifest his religion by practice, teaching, worship and observance.

Signed:

-Diety
    -Briefsuitcase

======
    something like that but a bit more eloquentsy (who's doing English lit/social science or is good at debating!?)

Additionally, we need more supporters. Quote and sign to support. Something like that.
    I just used this one, I think its good I already put our names, now we just need more people to 'quote and sign'- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/memb...#vmessage96952
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    You sure that it wont irritate them? We want to encourage them but not enfuriate them. I recommend we give it a week before we fully push for a society. If we can keep this thread active and show that people are interested in FSM for at least a week, we can show that we are deserving of being a society. They like to have some confirmation that we are serious, have members whom want to join and that we are active.
    I agree no more private messages, we should keep the society active for at least a week and I think signing the petition should be enough in terms of direct action
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bless this thread.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 26, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.