Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Official FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER Thread!

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Should the FSM be allowed a society?
    Yes
    88.48%
    No
    11.52%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    I just used this one, I think its good I already put our names, now we just need more people to 'quote and sign'- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/memb...#vmessage96952
    The point was actually to have that quoted and signed here to prevent a tidal wave of quotes descending on Saichu's profile page.

But it's ok
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    I agree no more private messages, we should keep the society active for at least a week and I think signing the petition should be enough in terms of direct action
    We should still collect names now while we can. Are you able to edit the thread and possibly create a poll for people to vote their support for the FSM? Just so we can gather a list of names with which we can present to the mods as proof.

Now some wise words from "The Loose Canon" that we can ponder upon...

1Faith is to the soul what sauce is to pasta. 2The meaning of life can only be found at the bottom of a pasta bowl. 3To the divine feast, the wise bringeth TicTacs, but the fool leaveth with breath most garlicky and offensive. 4And once the garlic has been in the sauce, yea verily, thou must brush your tongue as well as your teeth, before thou layest with your wench.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1Faith is to the soul what sauce is to pasta. 2The meaning of life can only be found at the bottom of a pasta bowl. 3To the divine feast, the wise bringeth TicTacs, but the fool leaveth with breath most garlicky and offensive. 4And once the garlic has been in the sauce, yea verily, thou must brush your tongue as well as your teeth, before thou layest with your wench.
    Theoretically, you COULD replace the garlic with fried diced onions. Doesn't make the sauce much better, but it is a possibility.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Briefsuitcase)
    The point was actually to have that quoted and signed here to prevent a tidal wave of quotes descending on Saichu's profile page.

But it's ok
    :oops:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    We should still collect names now while we can. Are you able to edit the thread and possibly create a poll for people to vote their support for the FSM? Just so we can gather a list of names with which we can present to the mods as proof.
    I just created the poll
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Official FSM soc support petition

We of the yet-to-be-formed Flying Spaghetti Monster Society, kindly request a sheltered environment where we can worship His Flying Noodliness in safety a.k.a. a society. According Article 9, Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion, every individual has the right to manifest his religion by practice, teaching, worship and observance.

Signed:

-Diety
    -Briefsuitcase
    (Quote and sign to support)
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in the FSM, but I do believe you should be allowed a society!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    thanks for your support any chance you could tell him http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=4488 this?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Combat global warming - be a pirate. I'm in!

I honestly thought the issue of teaching creationism in schools lay thoroughly in the domain of the United States. Having watched Dispatches: In God's Name I am not so sure. The show portrays a fundamentalist right-wing lobby in the UK, schools that legally teach creationism to children and even creationist qualifications that can be taken instead of GCSE/A-Level.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maturestudy)

I honestly thought the issue of teaching creationism in schools lay thoroughly in the domain of the United States. Having watched Dispatches: In God's Name I am not so sure. The show portrays a fundamentalist right-wing lobby in the UK, schools that legally teach creationism to children and even creationist qualifications that can be taken instead of GCSE/A-Level.
    It's not just creationism that's a problem. The Islamic schools in the UK are quite atrocious as well as the bog standard protestant/catholic independents.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:

I also saw a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxtGlD76hac) showing a private faith school in the UK teaching only creationism, I was shocked! can they relay do that
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^It is shocking indeed. The science the kids are doing in that video involves no science? It says that there are 45 schools like this in the UK! There is a video i am trying to find that i wanna show.

(Original post by Briefsuitcase)
    Theoretically, you COULD replace the garlic with fried diced onions. Doesn't make the sauce much better, but it is a possibility.
    That is true, but garlic does add the 'je ne sais quoi' that onion cannot. It is a plausible alternative though.

I hope after my exams have finished and i am not stressed i can make a proper pasta meal Until then i shall sadly not be eating any as i need quick and easy meals.

(Original post by Diety)
    I just created the poll
    Excellent. The voting seems to be doing well. I shall try to spread the word and attract some more people our way to support the cause.

(Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Your support for us is much appreciated and i thank you profusely on behalf of us all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    I also saw a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxtGlD76hac) showing a private faith school in the UK teaching only creationism, I was shocked! can they relay do that
    That's a clip from the same programme. Shocking isn't it!
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^Hello there DeadGirlsDance, thanks for your support.

That's a clip from the same programme. Shocking isn't it!
    The thing is, that only mentions schools the openly teach creationist values (in total 45). I remember getting taught about 'intelligent design' a bit at my christian school. I think it is a lot more widespread than people realise. At the time i was a lot more religious, and having gone through religious education my whole life, i accepted it to a certain extent. But thankfully such discussions were kept within RE lessons and science classes were conducted separately allowing us to make our own choices.

Also, with thread like these on TSR....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1640477
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is really quite good timing! I got the Gospel of the FSM for my birthday and I've been reading it avidly. Most of the stuff about "science" isn't as amusing as the rest of it but the "I'd rather you didn'ts" are truly brilliant and should be followed by all.

May pasta be upon your plate. ^_^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Hi everyone I recently had the idea of creating a society in honour of his noodly goodness but was refused because the mods thought it would not create "constructive discussion". I know what you'r thinking- How could they engage in such blasphemy against our beloved omnipotent complex carbohydrate! so I wrote them a strongly worded post (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1638791) and they have decided to consider my request if I get enough responses on a thread about it :thumbsup: so everyone, for the sake of all that is good and noodly! Post on this thread!

Post If:

1. You are an atheist with a sense of humour.
    2. You are religious but don't take yourself too seriously.
    3. You love pasta.
    4. you are opposed to creationism being taught in schools, such as proposed buy the nameless individual who created this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1631590
    5. You think the whole religious debate thing is getting way to serious and just needs to chillax :cool:
    6. You are a pirate.
    7. You believe the tenants of Pastafarianism (see below) make it the coolest religion you have yet encountered.

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build MultiMillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): A. Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.

to check out more about this great religion, see the website: http://www.venganza.org/

NOTE: This is a parody religion designed to expose the flaws (such as intelligent design) in more formal faiths and I hope no religious person has been offended, that was definitely not my intention

I am a jedi and have chosen my reigion for very similar reasons

MTFBWY A
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    The thing is, that only mentions schools the openly teach creationist values (in total 45). I remember getting taught about 'intelligent design' a bit at my christian school. I think it is a lot more widespread than people realise. At the time i was a lot more religious, and having gone through religious education my whole life, i accepted it to a certain extent. But thankfully such discussions were kept within RE lessons and science classes were conducted separately allowing us to make our own choices.
    At least you were taught about creationism in RE, where it belongs, and evolution in science.

Sending your child to a school that teaches complete baloney as religion is borderline. I just think sending children to a school that teaches complete baloney as science is downright child abuse.

Just one thing, you would have thought god could do something about their awful Ofsted report. :-)

Carmel Christian School provides an inadequate quality of education. There were
    several regulations not met at the time of the last inspection, and overall the school
    provided a satisfactory education. There are now a significant number of regulations
    not met. The school’s safeguarding arrangements do not meet all the regulations and
    are not secure. The promotion of pupils’ welfare, health and safety is inadequate and
    many of the regulations are not met because of the wide range of hazardous areas
    in and around the building. The curriculum is inadequate, as is the Early Years
    Foundation Stage provision.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    :eek: English language GCSE tomorrow for me! hopefully his noodly appendage will extend down and help me write a half decent essay I'll check in on how the campaign is doing tomorrow
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^Good luck with your exam tomorrow. I also have one tomorrow and i am not looking forward to it. At this point, all i can do is pray >_>

Hail Marinara,
    Full of Spice,
    The Flying Spaghetti Monster is filled with thee.
    Tasty art thou amongst sauces,
    and blessed is the fruit
    of thy jar, tomatoes
    (although fools believe they are vegetables).
    Holy Marinara,
    Chief Amongst Toppings,
    Save a plate for us now,
    and at about 6 o’clock when dinner is served, if you would be so kind.
    RAmen.
    At least you were taught about creationism in RE, where it belongs, and evolution in science.

Sending your child to a school that teaches complete baloney as religion is borderline. I just think sending children to a school that teaches complete baloney as science is downright child abuse.

Just one thing, you would have thought god could do something about their awful Ofsted report. :-)
    Yeah, i accept that teaching 'intelligent design' as science is a lot worse. I was quite horrified when i seen that girl doing a science exam. I was asking questions like "how many days did it take God to create the world?". I find nothing scientific about that question. Science is about questioning, observing and recording etc...That is just memorising and accepting a figure as truth (no questions allowed).
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    We seem to have gained quite a number of supporters by the looks of it

Anyhow, in response to Bakmouth's thread about Hawkings saying there is no after life or God i thought i would create this post to prove Steven Hawking's is in fact clearly wrong.

Bakmouth's thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1640931

How can Hawking's seriously make such preposterous claims when The Flying Spaghetti Monster's presence is so obvious.

This here above is a picture of a Hemoglobin structure which carries oxygen in our blood....but look again? It very closely resembles His Noodliness, which proves that His Noodliness is in us all, supplying our cells with oxygen and divinity. Not only this, if you look at any picture of human DNA you will also see that it is composed of spaghetti. But spaghetti goes beyond this. Spaghetti is everywhere in life. All DNA of every animal is made of spaghetti. The evidence is too clear to deny.

But not only this, if we were to look at physics we see that spaghetti has an even more important value in life. Often described as a "Theory of Everything", string theory claims everything is made of vibrating strings. As we know, strings have the shape of spaghetti. Clearly this is more than a coincidence. From human blood, to human DNA and to the theory of everything, spaghetti is there!!!

This cannot be overlooked! The truth is there to be seen. His noodely appendage contrusts the basic building blocks of life and is the ultimate proof of His existence!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.