Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's volunteered for the olympics?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just asking if anyone on TSR applied for a volunteering job for 2012. If so, which sport are you hoping to be involved in?

I'm hopefully going to have a place in Fencing - Badminton would have been better for me, but considering I have fenced in the past (for a good few years) I'm hoping I could get a slightly better job than just stewarding. We'll see - my interview's in June - will be a nice excuse to have a gander round London too.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually heard anything about the volunteering stuff? I got an email about 2 months ago saying they hadn't forgotten about me, and were going through the applicants, but haven't heard anything more since.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Has anyone actually heard anything about the volunteering stuff? I got an email about 2 months ago saying they hadn't forgotten about me, and were going through the applicants, but haven't heard anything more since.
    I have an interview on the 10th June. I'm being considered for a role in the Event Services Team and I'm really quite nervous about it. I have no idea what to expect really so I hope I get some more information from them before this.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got the same email, but haven't heard anything since either. I can't remember if I actually finished my application though!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you go on their website the selection events are as follows:

London - February 2011 - March 2012
    Weymouth and Portland - March 2011
    Salford - March - April 2011
    Belfast - April 2011
    Glasgow - May 2011
    Gateshead - May - June 2011
    Cardiff - June 2011
    Coventry - June - July 2011
    Plymouth - August 2011

So if you're near London, Coventry or Plymouth you may yet to hear from them. If not then you may not have an interview. You could contact them though to make sure?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazeesurf)
    If you go on their website the selection events are as follows:

London - February 2011 - March 2012
    Weymouth and Portland - March 2011
    Salford - March - April 2011
    Belfast - April 2011
    Glasgow - May 2011
    Gateshead - May - June 2011
    Cardiff - June 2011
    Coventry - June - July 2011
    Plymouth - August 2011

So if you're near London, Coventry or Plymouth you may yet to hear from them. If not then you may not have an interview. You could contact them though to make sure?
    I'm london. That's Feb till March 2012, so loads of time yet.. :unsure:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on the 10th June. I'm being considered for a role in the Event Services Team and I'm really quite nervous about it. I have no idea what to expect really so I hope I get some more information from them before this.
    Good luck!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview in April for Event Services.. Told me it would take a year for them to get back to me.. Hope i get it!
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Friday. I've picked to work in any area from Art and culture, Environment, Music, General and helping, and Marketing, PR and media (this is just from looking at my application form). Whoop, should be fun . Good luck everyone :yy:
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charrrrles)
    Had my interview in April for Event Services.. Told me it would take a year for them to get back to me.. Hope i get it!
    Woah, that's a long wait! :eek: Ah well, I bet it'll pass quickly though, and you'll be doing it in no time :yep:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I have an interview on Friday. I've picked to work in any area from Art and culture, Environment, Music, General and helping, and Marketing, PR and media (this is just from looking at my application form). Whoop, should be fun . Good luck everyone :yy:
    Where abouts are from? Just asking, wondering how long it'll be for mine... i'm London area.
    • 92 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where abouts are from? Just asking, wondering how long it'll be for mine... i'm London area.
    Yeah, I'm in the London area too :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was it like?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there. I had my interview in Manchester last month for the Accreditation Team. We will know of the decisions starting in October (they told us that and it says on the website).

The whole process is very relaxed and welcoming. The interview is competency based. This means you talk about your past experiences and any skills you have which would make you a good Games Maker. Good Luck !
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I reeeeeeeeeeeally want my interview soon then. I feel ready and motivated for it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was it like?
    Just like a job interview, they asked questions like "What makes you a good leader?" "why did you apply for the role?" stuff like that. Was an interesting experience thought
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just like a job interview, they asked questions like "What makes you a good leader?" "why did you apply for the role?" stuff like that. Was an interesting experience thought
    Is it a one-on-one situation or a group interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it a one-on-one situation or a group interview?
    Erm well you sorta get to meet everyone, have a tour of whatever venue you are in, then you watch a DVD, then you have a one to one interview with a person. That's what happened to me, but probably different everywhere else...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview in July, sooo excited
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview in Gateshead last Tuesday, am being considered for the Anti Doping Team.

It went pretty well, definitely seemed to impress the interviewer, so we'll just have to see what happens come Oct/Nov. I am quietly optomistic about it, have to say.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.