The Student Room Group

Funding GDL/BVC

I'm going to university in Sept 2006 to take BA Politics. After I've graduated, hopefully one of the options that I may want to explore will be the GDL conversion course, and subsequently the BVC.
The concern that I have is how I will be able to fund both these courses.
For the GDL, course fees are normally around £6,000 whereas for the BVC they can be between £7000-£11000.
I know that there are several options open to fund these two courses, such as Natwest's College of Law loan of up to £20,000, but I also want to know what other sources of funding there are i.e sponsorship from law firms - and how easy they would be to obtain?
Many thanks for responses in advance.
Reply 1
alot of the big firms offer GDL/LPC sponsorship but theres really no point us telling you this now. I bet in 4 years the fees will be completely different for a start if not the whole system.
Reply 2
Law firms give sponsorship for the LPC, not the BVC. If you're planning to go down the barrister route, you can apply to Chambers for a pupillage and many of them will advance you a proportion of your first year earnings to pay for BVC course fees.
Reply 3
thanks for the replies
The Hull firms give you an interest free loan and take it out of your earnings.

Latest

Trending

Trending