The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

I was thinking about picking up BF3 for my Xbox 360 for a while now. I saw HMV selling it new for £25. Is it worth it? I'm just interested in the multiplayer BTW.

Played BC2 and loved it but was wary of BF3 after that terrible open beta.
Original post by Spaz Man
I was thinking about picking up BF3 for my Xbox 360 for a while now. I saw HMV selling it new for £25. Is it worth it? I'm just interested in the multiplayer BTW.

Played BC2 and loved it but was wary of BF3 after that terrible open beta.

For 25 pounds I'd definitely get it. It's better than BC2 and there are still 3 DLCs coming out in the next 9 months :smile:
Ive got it on xbox360.....anyone fancy a game tomorow night?
I really miss not having below radar for the attack helicopter, had on 360 but when I transitioned to PC it is difficult to build up a good score without it.
Original post by Spaz Man
I'm just interested in the multiplayer BTW.

Good, don't expect anything special from the singleplayer :tongue:
Im about to buy some more memory for my pc on friday......I hope thats the issue with BF3. At the moment its stuggleing with css. 200 frames for 4-5 seconds, then 15 and the stutter. then 200 frames. so forth and so on.

Sounds like memory to me?
Reply 2306
Any good jet pilots on here? Playing on 360 and trying to get half decent in a jet but damn it's hard lol. Don't find it too hard with air to ground combat but bloody heat seekers are the bane of my existence. It also seems the majority of dogfighting (on 360 at least) consists of going round in circles until someone gets bored lol.
Reply 2307
Original post by Maxima
Any good jet pilots on here? Playing on 360 and trying to get half decent in a jet but damn it's hard lol. Don't find it too hard with air to ground combat but bloody heat seekers are the bane of my existence. It also seems the majority of dogfighting (on 360 at least) consists of going round in circles until someone gets bored lol.

I'm currently at 20 or 21 stars for the jet (i play on ps3). And the best advice i can give you atm is keep trying until you get your ir flares. When you unlock heat seekers do not use them... I cannot stress how important it is for you to practise with your main cannon, as it is your best tool against air targets. When you unlock air radar, never remove it. Lastly, for maximum mobility, you want to keep your air speed around 300; this will give you the tightest turns. Unfortunately for you: avoiding the 'circle of death' comes with a lot of practise - i assure you spinning around in circles is not the way to get behind your enemy.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2308
Original post by Yuri
I'm currently at 20 or 21 stars for the jet (i play on ps3). And the best advice i can give you atm is keep trying until you get your ir flares. When you unlock heat seekers do not use them... I cannot stress how important it is for you to practise with your main cannon, as it is your best tool against air targets. When you unlock air radar, never remove it. Lastly, for maximum mobility, you want to keep your air speed around 300; this will give you the tightest turns. Unfortunately for you: avoiding the 'circle of death' comes with a lot of practise - i assure you spinning around in circles is not the way to get behind your enemy.

Yeah, I've got every single unlock for the jets now. ECM Jammer seems to be awfully inconsistent at most and it seems every game I go into I have an absolutely useless wingman so I'm almost always taking on 2 jets and a havoc/viper by myself which usually means 3 people locking on with heat seekers but every damn person on 360 uses them lol. I can take out tanks and whatnot no problem with rocket pods and main gun, it's just my aim vs jets is really horrible. Not sure why, it's been improving slightly but I've just been told to grind it out and eventually I'll get there by my friend who is a pretty awesome jet pilot.
I still haven't got premium yet :'(
Original post by Maxima

add samuealle on there. We can find an empty server and just practice in the planes.
Reply 2311
Original post by Miss Trololol
I still haven't got premium yet :'(

lol neiver have i, just cos im moving to uni i didnt want to get it, thinking of getting mortal kombat just for a laught though :P

p.s i see you live in daverman peak.... it gets hectic there at times :cool:
Original post by Maxima
Yeah, I've got every single unlock for the jets now. ECM Jammer seems to be awfully inconsistent at most and it seems every game I go into I have an absolutely useless wingman so I'm almost always taking on 2 jets and a havoc/viper by myself which usually means 3 people locking on with heat seekers but every damn person on 360 uses them lol. I can take out tanks and whatnot no problem with rocket pods and main gun, it's just my aim vs jets is really horrible. Not sure why, it's been improving slightly but I've just been told to grind it out and eventually I'll get there by my friend who is a pretty awesome jet pilot.

Did you practice on an empty server? The jets i find impossible to use. I cant get them to slow down enough to turn and shoot down other jets or attack ground targets.
The only jet i can fly at all is the SU-25 Frogfoot. I can take out ground targets if they've been marked by teammates.
Original post by Maxima

Cheers for the tip. :biggrin: Despite being pretty good at Ace Combat many years ago I found the jets rather overly sensitive to use. They feel more like planes like the Edge 540 than jet fighters from what I've played on.
Original post by chill543
lol neiver have i, just cos im moving to uni i didnt want to get it, thinking of getting mortal kombat just for a laught though :P

p.s i see you live in daverman peak.... it gets hectic there at times :cool:

I'm not taking my Xbox to uni though I still want premium but just had to pay £675 advance payment for my uni halls :'(

Yeah Damavand peak tends to get a bit hectic. The Americans are always sky diving into my garden :wink:
Reply 2315
Original post by Miss Trololol
I'm not taking my Xbox to uni though I still want premium but just had to pay £675 advance payment for my uni halls :'(

wth thats a lot!? :s-smilie:

If that's just the damage deposit, then God knows what they're expecting. :/

Rip up the carpet, break the bed, curtains etc. could all be replaced for less than that!

On topic... Woo bf3!

Yeah, security deposit and first months rent :'( *ugly sobbing*
Reply 2318
ARMOURED KILL SOON :biggrin:

Original post by Yuri
ARMOURED KILL SOON :biggrin:

I'm ready, but I really need to start playing BF3 more. Currently I will only play a couple of times per week for around an hour.

Quick Reply

Latest