The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott1541
I'm ready, but I really need to start playing BF3 more. Currently I will only play a couple of times per week for around an hour.

same here i would play more if not for all the bull crap
such as rondom back luck death after sneaking up on enemys:mad::angry:

mobile artillery should be interesting
Original post by ahmed

mobile artillery should be interesting

We already have mobile artillery... It's called a Tank :biggrin:
Original post by Scott1541
We already have mobile artillery... It's called a Tank :biggrin:

yeah :tongue:
i wonder how much damage they will do to tanks
will there be new jets?
Reply 2323
Original post by ahmed
yeah :tongue:
i wonder how much damage they will do to tanks
will there be new jets?

There's no new jets, unfortunately :frown:..

Which platform are you guys on?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Uhh I don't think I can push myself to buy BF3 on the PC because then I'd feel obligated to get the £30 of expansion packs :tongue: I think I'll wait it out until late next year or early 2014 for BF4 :smile:
New Premium video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y-MbySJ_plY

Armor Shield appears to be set in the UK!
Reply 2326
Original post by hassi94
Uhh I don't think I can push myself to buy BF3 on the PC because then I'd feel obligated to get the £30 of expansion packs :tongue: I think I'll wait it out until late next year or early 2014 for BF4 :smile:

How do you know that won't be even worse for expansions/DLC? :tongue:
Original post by M_E_X
How do you know that won't be even worse for expansions/DLC? :tongue:

It probably will be worse or the same but at least I can get into it from the start :tongue:
Reply 2328
was playing yesterday, played hardcore beacause i find it much smoother and realistic,
every squad i went on seemed to be messing about
exept 3 guys who were in there own private sqaud, so i moved around with them, we managed to get to objective a were we were under heavy fire, i got up to about 6 kills without dying, hiding behind an object ( dont know what it was looked like a storage tank for fuel on karg island)
anyways , we kept bursting them down, i was watching for them flanking my newly aqiured squad, whilst they was watching for people flanking mine,
they kept jumping into the trench infron of me ( near the second set of objectiver there is like a trench near that house near the petrol station, if ive got the right map)
and jumping up like mad men, for me only to mow them down,
i could see we were running out of tickets, since the rest of my team were nowere to be seen i can only expect they were running about like clowns in the open,
we get to about 3 tickets, i see someone jump out of the trench, i shoot him down, then 2 spring up, i manage to kill one, whilst the other guy jumped back in the trench, i lobbed in a grenade and kept my rectile on the horizon on his position, 1 ticket left, then i see him at the far right, jump up, i try quickly swing my gun right to shoot him, but he killed me and it was game over :frown:

practically carried the team on my back, but still i never got any help exept from that 1 squad, almost loosing all hope :/
sometimes i have good games, but now most of the servers are like 500% tickets, or, on hardcore, people just troll, your own team kills you, or perpously run into the front of your tank whilst driving things like that. anoying latly....
Original post by hassi94
It probably will be worse or the same but at least I can get into it from the start :tongue:

You've only missed 2, and there are another 3 coming (one in less than 2 weeks now).

You can always go back and play the other maps. £30 is quite an ask, but I wouldn't feel as if you've missed it.
Reply 2330
Anyone fancy helping me out with my remaining co-op trophies, just need to complete Exfiliration and The 11th Hour on hard, and get that trophy on `drop 'em like liquid`

My PSN is `kingofgames73` just message me if you're up for it :P
Reply 2331
let my dad have a play today lol......
he failed so bad xD

good try though got to give him that lol!
Reply 2332
Armoured kill tomorrow :biggrin:
Armoured Kill is the only DLC I want, I love vehicular warfare and huge maps. I was tempted to get the first one but only because I really want the L85. :tongue:
Reply 2334
Original post by liamb109
Armoured Kill is the only DLC I want, I love vehicular warfare and huge maps. I was tempted to get the first one but only because I really want the L85. :tongue:

i love just getting in utility heli's when im messing about and going really low aroun the side of biuldings, then going under sign posts or something, if im unlucky anough to be a passenger i either get out the stinger or i bring out the rpg :biggrin:
Original post by Yuri
Armoured kill tomorrow :biggrin:

For everyone else to find their dates:
Regular release date: September 25 on PC and Xbox 360 (non Premium)
Regular release date for PS3: September 18 (non Premium)
Premium subscribers on PS3: September 4
Premium subscribers on PC and Xbox 360: September 11.

I think it's slightly bad taste releasing "our" (PC) content on September 11th, but it looks like they aren't bothered.

Give us a review tomorrow about everything!
Original post by gumball

I think it's slightly bad taste releasing "our" (PC) content on September 11th, but it looks like they aren't bothered.

PS3 is their largest player base I think. And while I personally think PC players should be given priority I think it's fair to say we get a better gaming experience anyway.
It'd be hard to make a guess without the numbers. I guess Sony just paid for the privilege.

Just saw the "Tank superiority" gamemode - it could be fun. It'll be interesting to see the degree to which people play as a team (snipers designating, engys using the javelin and repairing and support providing ammo and using C4).
Original post by gumball
It'd be hard to make a guess without the numbers. I guess Sony just paid for the privilege.

If you look on BF3 stats then there are almost always about 7000 more players on the PS3 servers at least.
Reply 2339
Original post by gumball

Little later than you wanted but I had time to test everything. Overall, I'd say that the maps are pretty awesome... I would have preferred more than 2 tank destroyers per map though (should be better on pc). The mobile artillery is something that takes practise but does some serious damage if used correctly - invest some time in learning this! The tank destroyers are pretty much an IFV with a tank main cannon - nothing new tbh. They have a mix of tank and IFV upgrades. Other than that, the scenery on Alborz Mountains is absolutely spectacular. My main problem with this dlc is the nerf that came with it in the patch to the helicopters vs IGLA/FIM; the below radar unlock is now ineffective against these and they have been given a distance buff almost back to pre nerf. This coupled with massive open terrain on most of the new maps means it's very difficult to stay in the fight with helicopters now. Scout helos have been hit the most because once you head into enemy territory you're survival is counted in seconds. I'd recommend running zoom optics and keeping your distance with the attack helicopters now since your gunner no longer has flares and below radar is ineffective vs hand held SAMs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest