The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

This poll is closed

after playing the beta will you be buying BF3?

yes 74%
no26%
Total votes: 61
Who is looking forward to this? I'm usually not a fan of FPS but seeing this trailer has given me a BONER!!! and I can't wait for it to come out.
COD is for noobs TBH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A&feature=relmfu
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have been getting COD all this time. I think I am going to get Battlefield this time round.
Reply 2
Gonna be jizzing in my pants the whole way through it by the looks of some of the footage.
I really hope my PC can play it on full, it should be able to, can't wait ;D
Reply 3
Cannot wait for this. Looks bloody epic. As IGN said this is the one game that may be able to bring some life to the FPS genre
Reply 4
Original post by Silver Arrow
COD is for noobs TBH

What if I told you that I've played CoD since day one and I know I'm significantly better than a lot of people who play Battlefield?

Also, I've been playing Battlefield since day one and I'd hardly say that I'm a noob in any way :wink:

Aaaaaaaand, I've been MVP, MVP2 or MVP3 in 7/10 of my games on BF3 so far and riding on an 11.0 WLR. Getting absolutely battered, right? :awesome:

Edit: 82 MVP/2/3 from 100 games :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tabris
What if I told you that I've played CoD since day one and I know I'm significantly better than a lot of people who play Battlefield?

Also, I've been playing Battlefield since day one :wink:

Go play Battlefield in the same manner you'd play COD and I guarantee, you'd get absolutely battered.
Reply 6
My main worry with Battlefield 3 is that it succeeds in being a CoD killer. Because then, suddenly, a game which is all about teamwork is filled with CoD's old quickscopers and 14 year olds thinking they're hot **** for playing something they think is an edgy alternative, trying to max their k/d without caring about the actual point of the game.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Welsh Geordie
Go play Battlefield in the same manner you'd play COD and I guarantee, you'd get absolutely battered.

I think after clocking up over 1000 hours on Battlefield games already, I won't :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FyreFight
My main worry with Battlefield 3 is that it succeeds in being a CoD killer. Because then, suddenly, a game which is all about teamwork is filled with CoD's old quickscopers and 14 year olds thinking they're hot **** for playing something they think is an edgy alternative, trying to max their k/d without caring about the actual point of the game.

if you've ever played a battlefield you'd know it wouldnt work anyway so theyd revert back to the intended gameplay. Only reason you can quickscope/noscope on cod is because the maps are so god damn small
Reply 9
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

if you've ever played a battlefield you'd know it wouldnt work anyway so theyd revert back to the intended gameplay. Only reason you can quickscope/noscope on cod is because the maps are so god damn small

That and in Battlefield games, Snipers only tend to be OHKs to the head in Battlefield.

People aren't going to be riding on free kills because they hit the largest mass anymore.
Reply 10
The trailer was filled with American propaganda, I nearly choked :colonhash:

Then again, so are many FPS games but Battlefield3 was on overkill, having said this, the visuals so far is just :coma:
Original post by FyreFight

That would piss the native battlefield players off, me included. The last thing battlefield needs is a bunch of camping noobs that's only skill is Spray & Pray littering the superior servers.

That could even be a Battlefield killer for some people.
Original post by Scott1541
That would piss the native battlefield players off, me included. The last thing battlefield needs is a bunch of camping noobs that's only skill is Spray & Pray littering the superior servers.

That could even be a Battlefield killer for some people.

:sigh: like i said, the gameplay of cod doesn't/won't translate to bf3. COD you can camp anywhere on the map and know that someone will run past every second. BF3 maps are just too big to camp in one spot
I really cant wait !! I was going to wait until my gaming PC is built and buy it for that (starting build in september) but will prob get it on eggsbocks
As a true and long serving Battlefield player and I am very excited about Battlefield 3 :biggrin: Already pre-ordered it :biggrin:
Reply 15
If you like video games, stop buying Call of Duty games.

Kotick's cash cow is killing the industry.
:sigh: like i said, the gameplay of cod doesn't/won't translate to bf3. COD you can camp anywhere on the map and know that someone will run past every second. BF3 maps are just too big to camp in one spot

You could easily camp on BF and get a few kills, if you choose the right spot it could even be as successful as camping in CoD.

To say that you cannot use CoD tactics on BF is just stupid, they will find a way regardless of how different the games are, the only one that they would really need to work on is quickscoping.
Original post by Scott1541
You could easily camp on BF and get a few kills, if you choose the right spot it could even be as successful as camping in CoD.

To say that you cannot use CoD tactics on BF is just stupid, they will find a way regardless of how different the games are, the only one that they would really need to work on is quickscoping.

no you really couldn't - if you tried to camp in a building in bf3 you'd just get the walls blown out around you until you're killed. Also the way in which the game works - you won't have endless streams of people running past (like cod) mainly because of the whole capture the base based gameplay. The only time someone would run past that area is if they were capturing the base in which case i'm all in favour of camping because once you capture the base - you've got to defend it.
Original post by Tabris

Also, I've been playing Battlefield since day one :wink:

I'd say good for you.
Original post by Tommyjw
Gonna be jizzing in my pants the whole way through it by the looks of some of the footage.
I really hope my PC can play it on full, it should be able to, can't wait ;D

Hehe, lucky for me I'm buying a new PC in a month ready for my year off before Uni :biggrin:

i7 2600K and GTX 580 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest