The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Paper 1 Language

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Leigh303
who else did spec B?! (spain fishing trip + school meals argue, persuade, advise)

how much did you write and how did you find it? I did 2.5 sides each for Q1 and 2, then 2 sides + plan for Section B (Q3)..... much better than I thought it would be!

I did 3 sides for Q1, 2 sides for Q2 and 2 sides for Q3.
Reply 81
Original post by a rusH
I thought it was pink! :confused:

I put that the bold pink makes the advertisement stand out to women in particular and that it connotes feminine confidence :/

The watch was definitely pink for me, the background of the opinion from "connect.garmin.com" or something at the top was definitely red.
Original post by berryripple
No, I had twenty minutes left at the end so I was worried I hadn't done enough :colondollar:

Oh, I was only halfway through the 8 mark question with 25 minutes left to go and I hadn't even started Section B! Think I got it all sorted in the end though but I feel it was really rushed :frown:
Reply 83
Original post by Penguin100
Does it matter if I crossed out my name at the front cause I didnt know you had to write in block capitals? I crossed it out and wrote it again in block capitals lol

I did this too... I don't think it matters
Reply 84
Original post by rioghnach14

[QUOTE="rioghnach14;31481552"]I did the persuade - as if you'd actually write to your friends parents?! The media could have been worse I suppose...[/QUOTE

same i done persuade how did u find it? what did u write about i wrote a ton on crap wish i had done argue now =(
Reply 85
Original post by a rusH
I thought it was pink! :confused:

I put that the bold pink makes the advertisement stand out to women in particular and that it connotes feminine confidence :/

yhh it was pink not red!
Reply 86
Does it matter if I crossed out my name at the front cause I didnt know you had to write in block capitals? I crossed it out and wrote it again in block capitals lol

I did the same thing so I'm hoping not. The invigilator forgot to tell us to put our information on the front til part way through, by which time I'd already filled it in quickly, without reading the instructions, so I just crossed it out and rewrote it in capitals.
Original post by surina_xxx
yhh it was pink not red!

What the ****, I thought it was red?

Edit: just looked it up and it's pink.
Nooooooooo
Reply 88
Original post by tnetennba
I did 3 sides for Q1, 2 sides for Q2 and 2 sides for Q3.

oh my goodness, that's made me feel MUCH better, lol. I only did like a paragraph for Q1 and almost a page for Q3.
:frown:
Reply 89
Original post by Horrid_GUI
I did two of three lines, I'm sure it wouldn't matter that much as they are manually marked.

What tier did you do and what did you write for the paper reference?

Oh ok I did higher tier. And I just got really confused with the paper reference I didn't know where to put the / in or not :s-smilie: so I just wrote the numbers and 1H without a space or slash and then kinda added the slash after in-between the boxes. If that made any sense :/
Original post by lolroflmao94
Section A in the free running one was quite hard, especially the last compare one! What was the purpose of Item 1?

I got stuck on this one too! As you can probably tell, this was not a good paper for me :frown: I put that the purpose was primarily to inform people of the new 'urban craze' of free running whilst subtly promoting the sport... After I'd already written this I realised I had hardly anything to back this up. What did you put the purpose was?
Reply 91
Original post by Leigh303
who else did spec B?! (spain fishing trip + school meals argue, persuade, advise)

how much did you write and how did you find it? I did 2.5 sides each for Q1 and 2, then 2 sides + plan for Section B (Q3)..... much better than I thought it would be!

I did 2 sides for Q1 and 2 and only 1 and a half pages for Section B. I spent ages doing the media questions and only had about 20 minutes to write up the argue, persuade and advise. Did you write yours in a letter format? I put the "Dear Editor..." but forgot in the end that it was a letter and concluded by starting the paragraph with "In conclusion...", :rolleyes:
Reply 92
I only spent 20 minutes on section B because I miscalculated time and spent wayy too much on A... I did the persuade question, and managed to fit in rule of 3, rhetorical questions, emotive language & an anecdote, but it was all very cheesy.... Hopefully the examiner will have a sense of humour... Do you think about 4 paragraphs is okay for that section (including intro and conc)? :s-smilie:
****ting myself that I got the colour wrong now!
Reply 94
Original post by sam.h
Oh ok I did higher tier. And I just got really confused with the paper reference I didn't know where to put the / in or not :s-smilie: so I just wrote the numbers and 1H without a space or slash and then kinda added the slash after in-between the boxes. If that made any sense :/

That's fine, a few students did this also and the examinations officer stated it was fine, whether or not you did the slash or added it in above/between the box where it should have been.

Hopefully that took some stress away so you can get revising for Paper 2 now! :P
Original post by TheOriginalEnigma
The enlarged image of the watch was definitely red and the one she had on was pink. I wrote that the red wtach matches the brand's theme colour and the red symbolizes passion and determination for fitness and also declares war on unhealthiness :wink:

Yeahhh I wrote that the colour red connotes passion so it will make them passionate about losing weight or some crap like that LOL
Reply 96
Did anyone sit the WJEC english language paper. What a fail.
Original post by Member737,514
I got stuck on this one too! As you can probably tell, this was not a good paper for me :frown: I put that the purpose was primarily to inform people of the new 'urban craze' of free running whilst subtly promoting the sport... After I'd already written this I realised I had hardly anything to back this up. What did you put the purpose was?

I did the same :smile:, I said the purpose was to inform people of the new craze and its disadvantages, advantages and the effect it was having, wasn't too sure on that one though!
Original post by Datbreh
Same, mine was on free running to, lol. What question did you do on section B? I done question 08.

Same! Question 8- letter to a headteacher. I think many people were put off by the fact it was persuade and advice, I ended up sort of merging the two together, I hope the examiners don't mind...
Reply 99
Original post by Horrid_GUI
That's fine, a few students did this also and the examinations officer stated it was fine, whether or not you did the slash or added it in above/between the box where it should have been.

Hopefully that took some stress away so you can get revising for Paper 2 now! :P

Ah ok thank you very much, I always find something to stress about :P and yes I probably should get revising for Paper 2. Good luck for Wednesday everyone doing Paper 2!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending