The Student Room Group

AS Geography Unit 1 AQA - 17th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by diesha
Grade boundaries will be pretty high i am guessing as it was an okay-ish paper? 80% for an A? What do they base them on? How people done, or the actual questions?

:eek: No way! I've never heard of Geography grade boundaries exceeding 60% for an A. They're usually about 55% for an A. And I've thought some of the past papers have been really easy. Should've realised that if I found the past papers easy obviously the topics that would come up on this one would be the ones that I find hard. Gahh!!
Reply 41
Original post by Bakasplitz
Everyone seems to be doing different topics to me o.o Noone else do Coasts and Food Supply? :biggrin:

I did Coasts :smile: What did you put for mass movement processes on Mappleton? Apart from rotational slump I didn't think any of the others that I'd learnt seemed to apply to it :/
Original post by diesha
I thought the paper was okayish apart from yes the last energy 15 marker! And the glacial moraine stuff... but i really ran out of time, couldn't go into enough detail in anything.

Grade boundaries will be pretty high i am guessing as it was an okay-ish paper? 80% for an A? What do they base them on? How people done, or the actual questions?

You are kidding? An A is always around 50%.
Reply 43
I thought the paper was average, it could have gone much worse but I think I've made some silly mistakes. Coming on here has kind of made me feel better about the whole thing though :biggrin: Hahaha.
Had no idea about the glacial moraine question though, I think I put something about medial and lateral :s
Struggled with the question about sustainable transport too :/ That was a horrible question! I wrote about integrated transport in Eco Towns and about solar cars hahaha.
Hoping the boundaries are low :tongue:
Reply 44
I can officially say that went shiz! >.>
The only thing i didn't revise for (or learn in that matter..) came up!?!
I don't know the difference between Urban and Rural.. ones got shopping malls, the other doesn't?! O.o
Time wasn't a issue though but i did feel like i was rambling a hell of allot :/
Im praying for the grade boundaries to be low.. REAL low..
Reply 45
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
I just did the River Quaggy and Three Gorges comparing them together. I mentioned the costs, displacement, environmental impact and benefits amongst a few other points. Is that similar to what you did?

(I sort of quadrupled the cost of the Three Gorges dam - I hope they don't penalise me)

I put about the Three Gorges dam too! :biggrin: I wasn't sure how much it costed though so I just put millions :s-smilie: hahaha. Put about similar things though :smile:
Original post by elsiewho
I put about the Three Gorges dam too! :biggrin: I wasn't sure how much it costed though so I just put millions :s-smilie: hahaha. Put about similar things though :smile:

Woo, someone else did the same thing - strength in numbers :smile:

I put that it cost £100 billion (I'm sure you can divide it by 4 and get the true answer)
Reply 47
I reli found it bad i couldn't remember if it coastal environments erosion physical causes of them.

I dont do the last section could i b still gettin a c thx???

xxx
Reply 48
Original post by acedlol
I reli found it bad i couldn't remember if it coastal environments erosion physical causes of them.

I dont do the last section could i b still gettin a c thx???

xxx

k br0
Reply 49
k br0

sorry i dont get wut your sayin all i want is an answer pls thx

x
Reply 50
Original post by S_123
I did Coasts :smile: What did you put for mass movement processes on Mappleton? Apart from rotational slump I didn't think any of the others that I'd learnt seemed to apply to it :/

I had no idea at all to say what the evidence was of slumping, but for the definition i put that Mass Movement is the movement of material due to gravity e.g. Slumping. D:
Original post by Ezza B
I can officially say that went shiz! >.>
The only thing i didn't revise for (or learn in that matter..) came up!?!
I don't know the difference between Urban and Rural.. ones got shopping malls, the other doesn't?! O.o
Time wasn't a issue though but i did feel like i was rambling a hell of allot :/
Im praying for the grade boundaries to be low.. REAL low..

Parks? Primary schools? Powerleague? and very little open space; then pubs, social clubs and forests for rural. That was the sort of question that you could make the answer up to.
Reply 52
i just hope the grade boundaries are like last year. low!
Reply 53
Original post by acedlol
sorry i dont get wut your sayin all i want is an answer pls thx

x

Spoiler

Reply 54
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
Woo, someone else did the same thing - strength in numbers :smile:

I put that it cost £100 billion (I'm sure you can divide it by 4 and get the true answer)

Ohhh yeah.

Ahh right, yeah, I wasn't sure whether it was billions or millions so I just took a chance and said millions :tongue:
Reply 55

Spoiler

you stupid man
Reply 56
Original post by acedlol
you stupid man

He is not stupid.
Reply 57

Spoiler

learn 2 write english pls x
Reply 58
Original post by acedlol
learn 2 write english pls x

I lol'd
Pissed off I missed the very first question about labeling the picture >:frown:
Apart from that the paper went okay although the 15 marker for the food supply was a bit ambiguous ( I wrote about organic and locally produced food)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending