The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Naveed
basically in lecture theatres you got "groups" which include but are not exclusive to: the international students, the malaysian students, the postgrad students, the normally cool people, the rude boys(who sit at the back), and the straight up nerds. all you gotta do is choose where u sit carefully where you know it'll be quiet, if you wanna work. if you wanna chill and crack joke with your mates while still paying a little bit of attention in the important bits, just sit at the back. the added bonus is that theres university wireless in the medical lecture theatre in leeds so msn is always an option :smile: and downloading the lecture slides onto your laptop is a treat, saves notes too. life could be so easy.

how about those that don't want to learn just don't bother coming, thus saving the rest of us the hasskle of having to listen to them gab on about what colour they've painted their finger nails.................

at the end of the day it shouldn't be about wnating to listen to the "important bits". As a student how the hell do you know whats important and what isn't.......................just don't bother coming if you don't want to listen all the way through - its as simple as that really
ha_mint
u can always do biomedical science (or genetics or whatever) and do medicine afterwards :smile:
Biomed is really cliched for it. The best option would always be the one you would most enjoy as I imagine liking your subject is important when getting a 2:i.
Reply 62
Mortimer
I WANT 2 DO MEDICINE IN 2006
BUT I DIDN'T QUITE GET THE GRADES
IS THERE NEWAY THAT I CAN APPLY 2 DO IT IN 2006
I DON'T WANT 2 TAKE OUT A YR BUT I MITE HVE 2

R THERE NE LOOPHOLES?
CLEARING?

PLZZZZZ HELP

:tsr:

it's a bit late to apply for 2006 entry now, why don't you apply for an "access to medicine course", or wait and see what you get in your a levels and apply for 2007 entry:smile:
Reply 63
Sarky

Back onto medicine. I got BEE (E's in bio and chem) in my A levels first time round, resat them and got BC in bio and chem and got into a widening access course at Southampton. I spent the first year covering the various aspects that you study in preclinical medicine, and i have just finished my first term. In my first medical school essay in my proper year one of the course, i got 95%!

There is hope! Even for a dumbass like me :redface:
Reply 64
twiga
There is hope! Even for a dumbass like me :redface:

I didn't get E's because i was dumb. I know you weren't saying that but my case goes to prove that A levels aren't the be all and end all.
Reply 65
Sarky
I didn't get E's because i was dumb. I know you weren't saying that but my case goes to prove that A levels aren't the be all and end all.

I'm sorry , reading back that post wasn't very nice at all, I apologise. I was just thinking that if you got onto a course with re-take grades of BBC then it's true- A-levels aren't the be all and end all.

Latest