The Student Room Group

How Easy Is It To Obtain A Grade "D" In AS Sociology (OCR)

What percentage or grade boundary is a D at AS level OCR. Also what kind of content would you have to include... would it be like a basic understanding, links to studies but not very in depth etc?
Reply 1
Original post by * . Abi
What percentage or grade boundary is a D at AS level OCR. Also what kind of content would you have to include... would it be like a basic understanding, links to studies but not very in depth etc?

You needed 96/200 (48%) raw marks in January 2011 to get a D overall at AS, you can check out the grade boundaries for other years online. :smile: I'm not sure about the content, but it's probably likely that there is a big lack of studies/concepts/key words/trends/theories, and if there are any, they're irrelevant or not explained in detail.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Thankyou! This helped a lot :smile:
My exam is today and as long as I pass it with a D of above I'll be happy -_- me and sociology don't click. However I managed to get an A in Psychology last year, I thought they would be along the same lines... obviously not. But yeah thanks again :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by * . Abi
Thankyou! This helped a lot :smile:
My exam is today and as long as I pass it with a D of above I'll be happy -_- me and sociology don't click. However I managed to get an A in Psychology last year, I thought they would be along the same lines... obviously not. But yeah thanks again :biggrin:

No problem, how did you find it today? :smile: Haha yeah I do Psych too, the only vaguely similar thing is some of the research methods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending