Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS Edexcel History Unit 2

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So this exam is on thursday...what topic do people reckon will come up? I reckon Fall of Cromwell will...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hammy1892)
    Has anyone got any good notes/information for the course of this?

My teacher has been absolutly useless on this side of the course and spent the whole year blabbing on about thinking differently and how to do sources (badly) and neglected the actual content so badly. All we have is a few odd sheets with spelling mistakes, conflicting information and the textbook which is pretty useless!

So know my exams on thursday morning and I have very little knowledge of the actual content which is needed to get above a D!!
    This website may help you (don't know if it's the actual Option C topic you're doing, but thought I'll post it anyway)

http://fccexperienceofwarfare.blogspot.com/

Got how to do B questions etc so hope it helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I reckon something to do with Henry VIII's foreign policy 1515-29. Although the fall of Cromwell is a real possibility...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    How's everyone feeling about this exam?

I'm not feeling too bad as it's fairly late and I have 3 other exams before it..

I took it last year and got a very high B but need an A preferably...

So, how far has everyone got with revision?

I've done Atlee thoroughly, Conserv years after that and am now up to Harold Wilson and Heath!
    I am, and am reasonably confident. I've been getting high A's in timed essays, but I do tend to go blank during exams. I've done up to the first Wilson government so far, and have tomorrow to look over the rest. Good luck to you, and to anyone else doing this exam.

PS, if anyone has any question predictions, please post them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, our class was discussing this and thought fall of Cromwell might come up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I liked learning about foreign policy but not sure if I could answer a question on it =/ lets hope the sources are good if it is...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone who will do this tomorrow ?
    what do you think may come up ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    From what I remember from last year, there's a compulsory sourced based question at the beginning for which you only need a very basic knowledge of what the sources are talking about, which might help you to recognise dates that may have influenced the authors of the sources. Then you have to compare the sources and evaluate how useful they are etc. This could be on any of the 3 topics.

The 2nd part is sources + own knowledge and I think there are 2 options for this part, which will be on 2 different wars.
    Ok thanks much is the second part likely to be on the Boer and WW1 then? or could it be any of the wars?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have notes on the boer was i can use, i havent left myself enough time and now im struggling

thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefaniee)
    is there anyone who will do this tomorrow ?
    what do you think may come up ?
    Do you mean the experince of warfare in Britain paper? because thats what i'm doing. It's on the Boer, Crimean and WW1

sorry I'm not sure whats likely to come up but I reckon it would be safe studying the crimean and Boer war because the Boer war could be an A question and an option between the Crimean and ww1 for the B part
    oh well I'm screwed lol Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakk)
    Does anyone have notes on the boer was i can use, i havent left myself enough time and now im struggling

thanks
    No i'm sorry aint got any notes try reading the text book maybe

yeah same here only started revising last night but i've gone through the crimea so I will be focusing on the Boer war and past papers now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daizeee)
    No i'm sorry aint got any notes try reading the text book maybe

yeah same here only started revising last night but i've gone through the crimea so I will be focusing on the Boer war and past papers now
    regret taking history :/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daizeee)
    Ok thanks much is the second part likely to be on the Boer and WW1 then? or could it be any of the wars?
    It could be on any of them. I think in mine the Boer War didn't come up at all! It's perfectly possible that they give you the Section A war in Section B as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know its the day before, but heres a site i found useful. Its from the people who wrote my textbook. It's got exemplar answers for the 20mark and 40mark, mark schemes etc. Hope it helps, and sorry its a day before :s

http://www.hodderplus.com/accesstohi...omen/index.htm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know its the day before, but heres a site i found useful. Its from the people who wrote my textbook. It's got exemplar answers for the 20mark and 40mark, mark schemes etc. Hope it helps, and sorry its a day before :s

http://www.hodderplus.com/accesstohi...omen/index.htm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree, the paper could be on anything.
    I think most past papers ive seen included all 3 wars as there is a choice of 2 questions in part B
    I know that Flo Nightingale and Mary Seacole is always popular but I did that as a mock so maybe not?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You don't actually need much own knowledge in this exam. It's only 12 facts for an A in the Type B question.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The exam is tomorrow, does anyone have any useful notes?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hows your revision going and whats the main things your revising
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, essentially you could do well in part A with doing next to no revision ?

Also what do people think the chances of the Anglo-Irish Settlement section coming up if it was already done in January (as has been mentioned earlier), as this is the only one I'm not that strong on.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 23, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.