The Student Room Group

English Paper 2 GCSE AQA TODAY !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by king101
Yes same to you!! :smile:. Btw I highly doubt it would be about feelings/place that was on June 09 paper...so its highly unlikley..

Ahhh... well... :tongue: if blessing comes up then i'll be happy :biggrin: PLEASE SAY IT WILL BE PLACE :tongue: otherwise... i hvnt prepared for anyothers :/ which theme do you think it will come up again??
Original post by Articaaa
Probably Unrelated Incidents or Search for my Tongue

I actually kind of hope it's unrelated incidents. I am so worried about this exam because I have only done two exam papers and only one in the time period we are supposed to. If that wasn't enough, I have zero practice on writing to describe which is what I think I might go for, and I havn't even revised all my poems :s-smilie: I don't really know why I do this to myself :|

Btw, does anyone have any idea if writing to explain and advise can sound like writing to persuade/argue?
Reply 42
btw guys, which poem should i compare two scavengers to???
Reply 43
Just these videos out for last minute revision: http://www.youtube.com/user/WCSEnglish
Reply 44
Original post by Le Masquerador.
I actually kind of hope it's unrelated incidents. I am so worried about this exam because I have only done two exam papers and only one in the time period we are supposed to. If that wasn't enough, I have zero practice on writing to describe which is what I think I might go for, and I havn't even revised all my poems :s-smilie: I don't really know why I do this to myself :|

Btw, does anyone have any idea if writing to explain and advise can sound like writing to persuade/argue?

Same.

I don't htink they should sound like persuade or argue. Explain may do because you are putting your point across.
Reply 45
Original post by megank
I am nervous too :/ since i messed up paper 1 completely, i need to do so well in this one to get an A:s Good luck to you :tongue:

God, I know same. I don't think my paper 1 was too good :frown: So need to do well on this one !!
Reply 46
Can someone help? How would you anwser

Compare the ways the poet reveals feelings about a place in 'Nothing's Changed' with the ways another poet reveals feelings about a place or places in one other poem?

Thanks and Good Luck!
Reply 47
Original post by Le Masquerador.

Yeah, the explain option can sound a lot like argue/persuade but that doesn't matter...just remember that you're explaining something that happened in detail and aslong as you do that, youll pick up marks.

So remember rhetorical questions and what not are still allowed.
Reply 48
I hope it's Island Man, If it's Unrelated Incidents or Night of the Scorpion...Fml :/
Original post by LegendX
Yeah, the explain option can sound a lot like argue/persuade but that doesn't matter...just remember that you're explaining something that happened in detail and aslong as you do that, youll pick up marks.

So remember rhetorical questions and what not are still allowed.

Original post by Articaaa
Same.

I don't htink they should sound like persuade or argue. Explain may do because you are putting your point across.

Oh I see, thank you both! Now I know to either go for Explain or describe although I'm still really worried :frown:
I hope it's Vultures.

Um tips?..........PANIC :O
anybody got any revision notes for the cluster 1 poems? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by martian 123
i hope it's vultures.

Um tips?..........panic :redface:

omg not vultues thats just awful poem...ihope 2 scavengers!
Reply 53
yep :tongue: i hope 2 scavengers, nothing's changed, blessing or SFMT :tongue:
Reply 54
Original post by megank
yep :tongue: i hope 2 scavengers, nothing's changed, blessing or SFMT :tongue:

I want the exatly same poems as you want :smile:...Hope they come on it!..
Original post by king101

Original post by king101
omg not vultues thats just awful poem...ihope 2 scavengers!

Lol it's the only one i can write about properly, i find it easy xD
Reply 56
Original post by MARTIAN 123
Lol it's the only one i can write about properly, i find it easy xD

Hahaa :smile:, What could we compare Limbo too?
Reply 57
I hoep it's Nothing's changed or vultures !
Original post by king101

Original post by king101
Hahaa :smile:, What could we compare Limbo too?

My cousin compared Limbo to Nothing's changed and he got an A....I know Two Scavengers and Nothing's Changed would be a good one though.
Reply 59
i ****ed it up :/ i LOVED section A tho :biggrin: that question was great :tongue: but then i messed up section B... i read it wrong :/ i thought it said OR instead of and... daaang :s and i hate descriptive writing :s i had nothing to say

Quick Reply

Latest