The Student Room Group

Higher Maths Post Mortem thread

Scroll to see replies

I think it'll remain exactly the same as last year with the it mid fifties being a D and 65 being a C
Reply 421
Original post by NaturalDisaster
EASY PAPER 1?! It is safe to say that the A I wanted has flown very, very far out of the window and has colonised on another planet.

At least you'll get an A for Higher English; that sentence was remarkable! :P haha
Reply 422
You reckon i could get an A1 with 118/130?
Reply 423
Original post by Evan7788

Probably. :biggrin:
Original post by RyJ
At least you'll get an A for Higher English; that sentence was remarkable! :P haha

*curtseys* Thank you. :lol: I hope so, I'm looking for a decent grade for one of my essays anyway, not so sure about the other one. :s-smilie:

Shhh. I'll be lucky to get an A and you're worrying about A1's? And we don't even have the biggest worry, other people are wondering if they'll even pass Maths or not!
Reply 426
Shhh. I'll be lucky to get an A and you're worrying about A1's? And we don't even have the biggest worry, other people are wondering if they'll even pass Maths or not!

Good point, i'm sure they'll put the boundaries though (hopefully :redface:)
Good point, i'm sure they'll put the boundaries though (hopefully :redface:)

Fingers crossed, for both of us! But I don't feel so despondent about it now. Scared as hell for Chemistry though, only four days to go!!! Eek!

Maybe I should switch AH Maths for AH English after all...although what would I do with poor old History?
Reply 428
Fingers crossed, for both of us! But I don't feel so despondent about it now. Scared as hell for Chemistry though, only four days to go!!! Eek!

Maybe I should switch AH Maths for AH English after all...although what would I do with poor old History?

Chemistry is probably my weakest subject, mainly down to my teacher and the fact that the calculations are really hard.

Scraped an A in the prelims and really need one in the final exam if i'm wanting to go to St.Andrews...

I'm hoping there won't be too many questions on PPA's.
Reply 429
Sure, blame the teacher - she isn't that bad..................
If you read the questions in the prelim you would have done better
Chemistry is probably my weakest subject, mainly down to my teacher and the fact that the calculations are really hard.

Scraped an A in the prelims and really need one in the final exam if i'm wanting to go to St.Andrews...

I'm hoping there won't be too many questions on PPA's.

Chemistry is one of my stronger subjects. Then again, I thought Maths was as well so we'll see on Thursday I suppose. I'm worried about Biology, I scraped an A in the Prelim, although I was one of the highest grades in my year for that Prelim, which is worrying. Think a couple of people got 1% more than me though, cos they went fishing for marks. Yeah, I need A's in my subjects if I want to go, well anywhere really. Pharmacy requirements are going up. Darn.
Reply 431
Original post by john4994
Sure, blame the teacher - she isn't that bad..................
If you read the questions in the prelim you would have done better

Really? She's probably the worst teacher i've ever had (until AdvMaths next year).

The only reason we managed to get A's was with general intelligence and, in my case, a little luck.

She couldn't teach fly how to fly (Bad analogy apart)
Reply 432
it was sarcasm evan - and do u mean 'man on skis' as the teacher that will be worse cause she is actually really good
Reply 433
hiyer maths was apsolut baws. ill be luky if i got a fukin d. wtf was up wi that intergatiun question it wiz like imposible howd they expect us 2 do this gob****e?!?!
Reply 434
Original post by halfcab
hiyer maths was apsolut baws. ill be luky if i got a fukin d. wtf was up wi that intergatiun question it wiz like imposible howd they expect us 2 do this gob****e?!?!

yes i agree it was a pretty mean exam to give us im really upset with myself in the recurrence relations question i got wrong answers for p and q arghh but i think i passed anyone know how many marks i would get for question 6(b) i integrated the eqn then subbed in answer from part a then i only subbed in t forgot to sub in zero would i atleast get couple of marks?
Original post by halfcab

"Location: Govan."
:L:L:L

At least you clearly did well in English :P

In all seriousness though, the integration question was absolutely bog-standard and was 10 marks. If you studied for it, the only reason for not getting 10/10 would be a careless mistake.
Original post by derangedyoshi
"Location: Govan."
:L:L:L

At least you clearly did well in English :P

In all seriousness though, the integration question was absolutely bog-standard and was 10 marks. If you studied for it, the only reason for not getting 10/10 would be a careless mistake.

I was speaking to my maths teacher and while she said that it was completely stupid for me to have differentiated the equation, I should still get between 4 and 6 marks in the question because of my working so if you went through both papers and just attempted to do them then you should pass - If I've calculated it right I'm sitting on the 63 - 70 range of marks which is good for me and while I doubt that I got few questions completely right I know I'll get the majority of marks from knowing the method.
hi everyone the two papers was alright compared to most past papers but i still dont know if i have did enough to get an A

see in paper 1 apart from the multiple choice what was each question out of

thanks alot
Original post by soldier-4-life
hi everyone the two papers was alright compared to most past papers but i still dont know if i have did enough to get an A

see in paper 1 apart from the multiple choice what was each question out of

thanks alot

21. a worth 2
b worth 3
c worth 5

22. a worth 2
b worth 8
c worth 3

23a worth 5
b worth 2

If you want to know what the questions asked just quote me back :smile:
Original post by why-hello-there
21. a worth 2
b worth 3
c worth 5

22. a worth 2
b worth 8
c worth 3

23a worth 5
b worth 2

If you want to know what the questions asked just quote me back :smile:

Did 21 not get divided into 4 questions in which you had to find T in part d or was that part of c ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending