The Student Room Group

Sociology AS Unit 2 Education & Research Methods EXAM HELP!!

I have this exam on friday and finding it hard to revise does anyone have an idea of what might come up in it this year?

Thank you Hannah :smile:
Reply 1
I also have it this friday. Having just done the first exam I'm trying to give my brain a bit of a break (I say, sitting in the library, typing out on another thread what I wrote for the exam today LOL), but I think I'm going to try and revise Marxism.. I don't know if that came up recently but I recon if not that will come up.

Well, I recon I hope it does anyway because it's the easiest one to apply to education. Or maybe discrimination in education/ labelling. As for research methods I've no idea what to expect for that??

I've not barely even touched on revision for Friday's exam yet because have been revising for the one today. But I'm now going to do my first ever practice exam for that to see where my weaknesses are basically and go from there.
Reply 2
I'm hoping class comes up on the 20 marker education question. Don't think it's come up for a while either..
I know that marxism came up in January this year so it's unlikely that will come up again.
Reply 3
Heyy! I definitely hope marxisim or functionalism comes up as a 20 mark question! That'll be great!
My teacher gave us a good structure for research methods such as
Intro
What is it (the method)
who uses it (Positivist or interpretivists)
Why they use it (in terms of what kind of data it produces and analyse its validity reliability and representativeness)
Then get down to the nitty gritty (LOL) talk about the strengths and limitations but make sure its SPECIFIC TO THE CONTEXT!!!THIS IS A MUST OTHERWISE U WILL FLOP
and conclude also remember to refer to the item
Providing the 20 mark Q is on strengths and limitations this seems like a really good guideline :smile: hope this helped u as much as it did me!
Original post by akemikat
I also have it this friday. Having just done the first exam I'm trying to give my brain a bit of a break (I say, sitting in the library, typing out on another thread what I wrote for the exam today LOL), but I think I'm going to try and revise Marxism.. I don't know if that came up recently but I recon if not that will come up.

Functionalism came up in January which you can invlove Marxism alot, so not sure if it will be a 20 marker.
However, ethnicity and class differences havent come up for a while, so maybe they will come up :smile:
Also for the research methods, looking at the past papers, I reckon either experiements, social surveys or observation will come up, really hope experiements and observation does :smile:
Reply 6
I'm still not sure how much to write for a 12 mark question really or what it means by 'outline areas of blah blah' .. hmm, I'm only used to the 24 mark of 4-5 paragraphs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending