The Student Room Group

The "Oh **** I think I've failed this subject" thread

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh had maths today and I sat there thinking '****, I've just flunked'. Ahh, even more maths coming up, S1 and chemistry to be the main killers! aaahhh fml.
Reply 81
Original post by Chrissyboy101
I'm sorry to hear that...I agree it was unpleasant, but I normally get 70/75 and I think I'm down to 60/75. Some nasty questions. I'm sure you wont get 20. But you never know with M1, the grade boundaries vary a lot, I've seen them as low as 49/75 for an A!
The best of luck to you, just don't let it get you down or hurt your confidence!
If you're going for an A overall, then your C1 should help anyways. Hope this helps! :smile:

Any idea when Arsey will post his mark scheme?
Reply 82

Yeah edexcel.

I don't know what happened. TBH, those questions were a cut above normal M1 paper questions, and I guess not having done a lot of those level of questions (usually sporadic in exams) really messed me up. I heard people say C1 was hard, even though I found it decent, so lets hope the boundaries for that and C2 are enough that I can get 100 UMS on both.
Reply 83
Original post by Perci
Yeah edexcel.

I don't know what happened. TBH, those questions were a cut above normal M1 paper questions, and I guess not having done a lot of those level of questions (usually sporadic in exams) really messed me up. I heard people say C1 was hard, even though I found it decent, so lets hope the boundaries for that and C2 are enough that I can get 100 UMS on both.

Yup fingers crossed (yn), most people did find m1 hard so i'm presuming the grade boundaries will be pretty low for an A. Good luck for the rest of your exams! :smile:
Reply 84

To be honest, Chemistry is my forte.
Edexcel Religious Studies on the 17th, I wouldn't at all be suprised if I got a C or below.

EDIT: I saw this in the 'Latest' category without realising it was 'Scottish Qualifications'. Sorry Scottish people XD
(edited 12 years ago)
OCR Religious Studies B

HATE IT

FLOPPED IT
My maths exam wasn't helped by the fact that I have hayfever and more than once in the exam I sneezed and there was just this noise like a gunshot echoing round the hall. So awkward. :lol:
Original post by Apocalyptic Fish
Edexcel Religious Studies on the 17th, I wouldn't at all be suprised if I got a C or below.

EDIT: I saw this in the 'Latest' category without realising it was 'Scottish Qualifications'. Sorry Scottish people XD

Meh. Exams are exams, they're all evil.
Reply 89
Original post by Apocalyptic Fish

It's okay. :smile:
AS Spanish :frown:
Original post by NaturalDisaster
My maths exam wasn't helped by the fact that I have hayfever and more than once in the exam I sneezed and there was just this noise like a gunshot echoing round the hall. So awkward. :lol:

Same thing happened to me in my maths exam today! I had a really woozy head(if that makes sense) so things were bad enough and kept sniffing throughout the exam which annoyed a few people,then I sneezed and it was unexpectedly loud! :colondollar: Even the invigilator scowled at me XD
Original post by OddThings
Same thing happened to me in my maths exam today! I had a really woozy head(if that makes sense) so things were bad enough and kept sniffing throughout the exam which annoyed a few people,then I sneezed and it was unexpectedly loud! :colondollar: Even the invigilator scowled at me XD

I was at the front of the hall so the damn invigilators kept sitting/standing in front of me and just glaring. I tried to telepathically tell them to f*** off but I don't think they got the hint. :lol: So awkward though.
Original post by _Stephieee
Higher Maths was bad... I mean, I wasn't expecting much, but seriously?!

Higher French I messed up big style too, got 91% in the prelim and will be amazed if I even got an A yesterday.

Higher English was bad too :O

So yeah, mine aren't going too well :wink:

Hopeful for History on Friday though :smile:

Good luck for History then! I've totally fudged up all my exams too so we can cry together come results day. My plan is to go shopping with my friends, get the text and not come home if my results are ****. If the SQA see fit to send me my text this year, I'm still angry with them about that. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by peachesandcream77
Good luck with your AS retakes I hope you did well in them. I know studying early.. but I have procrastination issues plus I'm a crammer and am now facing the fact that I will be always be one.
Thanks, I guess now all I can do is not a lot and try as best as I can seeing as I'm going to have to retake anyway.

OHH believe me procrastination was my main issue too and look how things turned up now, I really regret doing this but what happened has happened now and I cannot really do anything about it. But I think that you need to put your goals in front of you and be determined that will help in big deal.
Good luck again :wink::cyber:
All of them :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by ilyking
??? :s-smilie:

It was a joke. Guys why the negging? My boyfriend lives in england and he's taking Maths, which involves c2 etc etc. Just assumed you were too... but this is sqa stuff. Sorry if I was wrong.:smile:
I really needed a B for Maths and I don't think I got it :frown: I'm really upset about it because I got a N/A last year and I've worked really hard for it this year - everyone thinks I'm going to get an A :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by Vitamin D
I really needed a B for Maths and I don't think I got it :frown: I'm really upset about it because I got a N/A last year and I've worked really hard for it this year - everyone thinks I'm going to get an A :frown:

Seriously, try not to stress too much! You have no idea how it really went. I thought I'd failed horribly last year and still came out with a high C. Besides, though your conditions might specify a B in maths, if you exceed them on other subjects they may well consider that acceptable. It's not like you're going for a particularly mathsy degree, so I can't imagine they'd be too adamant on it. Just remember you've still got 4 more subjects to complete. Don't let this impede them! :smile:
Original post by Enzo-259
Seriously, try not to stress too much! You have no idea how it really went. I thought I'd failed horribly last year and still came out with a high C. Besides, though your conditions might specify a B in maths, if you exceed them on other subjects they may well consider that acceptable. It's not like you're going for a particularly mathsy degree, so I can't imagine they'd be too adamant on it. Just remember you've still got 4 more subjects to complete. Don't let this impede them! :smile:

My offer doesn't specify a B in Maths it's just that my fifth subject is Physics and I'm never going to get a B in it so I was counting on being confident with the other 4 :frown: I'm trying not to stress too much but it's hard to put it to the back of my mind :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending