The Student Room Group

MEI C2 - 20th May 2011

So how are we all feeling about this one after C1 today? :biggrin:

btw has anyone ever seen a question about proving the sum formula for arithmetic and geometric in a past paper?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone happen to have the January 2011 paper?
todays paper was much harder than any of the past papers especially section b
but it was doable!
so dreading C2 on friday :frown:
Original post by campainr

btw has anyone ever seen a question about proving the sum formula for arithmetic and geometric in a past paper?

C1 was a bum thanks for asking:tongue: still i have to have done better than first time round...

you never have to do that kind of proof, proving formulas etc...
however i did just do a question which gave you an equation for the sum of a specific geometric sequence and you had to show how they got it by using the given formula from the formula book... other than that you dont have to show HOW to get the formulas i dont think:smile:
Reply 4
I have C2 and FP1 scheduled for exactly the same time on friday! Both are 1pm starts!
So much fun for me...
Stupid timetabling by MEI.
Reply 5
Original post by blingmonkeys
Does anyone happen to have the January 2011 paper?

Yes! Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?jokvp8ncnumwfnx

Thank you !!
Does anyone understand how to do the logs for the question 12 on the january 11 paper?
It would be so helpful if you could explain it, i've looked it up in textbooks, online ect and I just don't understand what to do after drawing the graphs! I know all the long rules, and i understand the first bits :smile:
I found it in the textbook, just be calm and read pages 326-338. :biggrin:
Reply 9
hoping to get some revision done tonight, more exams this afternoon. I've got to do well on C2 and M1 now - if C2 is difficult I could be screwed!
I really hope C2 is easier :/
Reply 11
It had better be, though if C1 was harder...................:s-smilie:
Reply 12
can anyone help me with the trapezium rule please?

I can use and apply the rule well but there are certain questions where I ALWAYS lose marks which is when they ask you to 'use rectangles to calculate a lower/higher bound'? What do I do to do this? :s-smilie: e.g. January 2010 Q11ii)

Also I'm really poor at explaining whether it's an over/underestimation - I know that a concave shape gives an overestimate and vice versa but can't explain this using a diagram or with any more detail than 'it's concave therefore an overestimate'. Could anyone help with this please?
Reply 13
C1 section B seriously made me think that I've done something wrong and was being punished.

If C2 is as bad as that then I defiantly have done something wrong =|
Do we need to know about cancellation laws for logarithms :s-smilie: ??
Anyone got a list of formuales we need not on the formulae booklet?
Reply 16
Original post by ??????????????????

Well this is the formulae booklet - everything for C2 is on pages 1-3

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/pdf/formula_book_mf2.pdf

I know we are not given the trigonometry rules eg sin^2x=1-cos^2x or area of segment etc
(edited 12 years ago)
does anyone know what might come up on c2 tomorrow, what kind of questions are expected?
Original post by campainr

Yep May 2010 the second last part of the last question where the grade boundary was 49 !
Original post by ??????????????????

The main ones are that sinx/cosx[identical to]tanx
and
Sinx^2+Cosx^2[identical to]1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending