The Student Room Group

Max Grant and Loan question

Hey,
Would someone be able to help me with this.
I'm currently going to uni in sept and have mixed signals about what max loan and grant amounts I can get.

I am a mature student with well below £25.000 income (parents also not considered). I have been told mixed answers from people ans SF themselves.

Am I elegible for the max £4950 loan + £2906 grant as I will also be living away from home.
Or is it a lower loan rate than what I listed above? I wish they made things clearer!
Thank you in advance for any help.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Sounds about right. The reason you are entitled to the grant is because you are single and independent and therefore because you are going on a full time course you could not possibly be getting an income whilst studying. They will reduce the amount you can borrow a bit when you get the full grant but it should add up to about 6500 for living and the rest goes straigh to your uni
Original post by sloopy
Hey,
Would someone be able to help me with this.
I'm currently going to uni in sept and have mixed signals about what max loan and grant amounts I can get.

I am a mature student with well below £25.000 income (parents also not considered). I have been told mixed answers from people ans SF themselves.

Am I elegible for the max £4950 loan + £2906 grant as I will also be living away from home.
Or is it a lower loan rate than what I listed above? I wish they made things clearer!
Thank you in advance for any help.

You will not get that much because for every £1 of grant you receive you lose 50p of loan. So the max you can get will be about £6K.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending